Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

So Drakensang...

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Bahamut, May 29, 2012.

1. barghwata Savant

barghwata
    Is that even possible?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Ahh actually it is more of a better version of baldur's gate. Grune pandu is just butthurt. Ahh just check out some videos of the game and decide for yourself. Tho river of time is the better one,shame that it is not released on gog :(.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Dodo1610 Magister

Dodo1610
    Great but River of Time is still missing. I still own the DVD version that doesn't work on Win10 because of the garbage DRM they were using.
    If you want a german Neverwinter Nights 2 with a much more complex RPG system then yes. Though I would recomend playing the sequel since it does every single thing better than the first one.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Ahh it is not fair to call it a nwn2 just because they have the same camera :). NWN2 AI is the worst one i have seen in my life,it is terrible.

^ Top  
  5. Are you ever sober, dude?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Are you even a german,mustafa ?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. barghwata Savant

barghwata
    Wait..... they have the same camera?....... yeah i'll pass.

• No No x 3
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. V_K Arcane

V_K
    No, they actually have some of the best camera controls in a 3D party-based RPG. And level design is way more interesting than in NWN, especially in the sequel.
    The one downside of the series (or not, depending on your perspective) is that combat, while isometric in presentation, under the hood is closer to a blobber. So don't expect positioning to matter much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Obligatory
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Excited! x 4
    • incline x 2
    • Yes x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Max Heap Arcane

Max Heap
    Alright games if you like the setting.
    Especially the second one has some unique charm to it. The Dark Eye is an aquired taste though. It is drenched with the kind of german autism you'd normally just find in the simulation section of a european game store or in a back alley model train museum.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    Shame English voice-over of River of Time is abysmal except for Ardo and Forgrimm.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Not a huge amount of voiced dialogue to tolerate anyway.

^ Top  
  13. coldcrow Prophet Patron

coldcrow
    Err, the german version version of River of time is one of the best auditory experiences, VO considered. TDE has some cult following in germany and they really pulled out all the stops to activate it. A similar, but not quite as good phenomenom can be heard in Enderal.
    One major difference between the english and german verions is, that in the latter, each ambient NPC talk is fully voiced, in high quality to boot (actually funny). I consider The River of Time the best german RPG and actually one of the best CRPGS ever, not only because the german version has one of the best VO of any game I heard.
    Competitors would be: Bloodlines, Sacrifice.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Voice over quality is the most important criterion every rpg game should be rated by.

Good rpg games should have all text read to me.
    Sadly we are still in stone age as even the best rpg games force you to read the answers before deciding.
    Item descriptions, maps, what attack you used and the current hp of anyone in combat still arent voiced.

Theres a lot to voice over till we get the perfect rpg game.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. razvedchiki Erudite Sad Loser

razvedchiki
    theres even a proto-miltiades quest in drakensang, where you pay some merchant 1000 gold ducats (huge amount) to buy a ship and you get a boat!
    fortunately you can chase after the merchant and take your money back, but not his head.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Can read the text thrice over by the time VAs finish acting it out.

^ Top  
  17. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The first game is pretty mediocre and forgettable, mostly due really bland quests, writing and constant backtracking.

The second game is better in pretty much every aspect and is well worth playing. The story is scaled down from saving the world to trying to prevent civil war and it manages to be much more interesting. Long backtracking that plagued the first game is fixed by adding ability to teleport to certain locations. The game also gave much more options to use non combat skills, which in first game mostly revolved about getting bigger reward when finishing quests.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. moleman Savant Patron

moleman
    River of Time is very good. But fuck that crabmonster under the Efferd-Temple.

Seriously, fuck that thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Got two words for you: rat dungeon.

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. ColCol Arcane

ColCol

This, I think I remember one quest where you're putting time into finding cultists and when you do find them and have an encounter.....it's literally like a small amount of people armed with knives who get bodied quickly. Among one of the dullest pgs I have ever played.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. V_K Arcane

V_K
    It's about the journey, not the destination.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Clink Educated

Clink
    Don’t know why but I always confuse it with Drakengard.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Maxie Guest

Maxie
    I've only two Agree ratings to spare on your generic opinions regarding Drakensang, settle it among yourselves who gets them

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    That one was pretty easy mate,it was not resistant to injuries and you could kill it by giving it 5 from what i remember. But yeah it is hard boss otherwise. The first one is a lot harder than river of times.

^ Top  
  25. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    It wasn't difficult, aye. Tedious though. Real fucking tedious.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.