Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So how good is this game?

Inziladun

Magister
I remember closely following this game like 20 years ago when VD announced it and was doing Q&As and decided to put myself into cryostasis waiting for it's release. Seems i overslept, so now that it's out how awesome is it? Best RPG EVAR?

Also thank you VD for following through with the colony ship idea. I remember reading about it. I totally would of stolen your idea if you never did it. So kudos.

Trashos

Arcane
I remember closely following this game like 20 years ago when VD announced it and was doing Q&As and decided to put myself into cryostasis waiting for it's release. Seems i overslept, so now that it's out how awesome is it? Best RPG EVAR?

It is too early for me to compare it with the old classics. But, at the very least, I rate it as the best RPG I have played since them.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
I would play the demo and see if it's the kind of game for you. It can be challenging and unforgiving at times, but that is what makes it fun. AoD may not be as "refined" per-se as other RPGs you may have played, but it has a lot of character. The best part is probably the impact of your choices and different outcomes then further branching out from more choices. A lot of games pretend to do that, but then you find out it was all colours in the end. That is not the case with AoD. You can't see the entirety of the different story lines in one playthrough, as what occurs vary upon your actions and class alignment. Your player character is also only of relativistic importance as you are not super powerful and potent in all things like the usual hero/chosen party situation. The ability to resolve encounters and situations in dialogue with your skills the way it does is well done. In terms of recent RPG offerings, it's like finding gold in a sea of turds.

Severian Silk

If it had an extra chapter of the same quality it *would* be up there with FO and PST.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Vault Dweller should get Avellone to write a companion for that spaceship game, he can significantly increase sales by making it an PR stunt half a year before release or something and get like 30% of all the Obshittian dweebs on board in that manner
It's a great idea

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
They can't afford Chris Avellone . Unless he's willing to negotiate...
Shouldn't be too hard.
"Write us a companion or we'll put wolves in the game."
Boom, Chris Avellone companion.

or, in this case, space wolves

spacewolves.jpg

croitav

I hate 3D graphics
Boring as fuck min/max CYOA adventure game with shitty 'I hit/miss you-you hit/miss' me single character combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom