Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

So I heard you like Betrayal at Krondor...

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Hekateras, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Hekateras Educated

Hekateras
    Wow, it's been a while since I received critique more than a paragraph long.

Wait a minute, fairytale blue? You're sure it's not your monitor settings? Because I'm seeing a relatively pale, frosty blue here, and that's more or less how it's turned out in print, too. But noted.

Point. If you look closely, though, he does have that scar mentioned in his description.

I like trying to go for realism, though - or at least, it's usually a good idea to become solid at realism *before* branching out and distorting that realism. Thanks for the advice, though.

Erk. Does it look green to you? Because I'm seeing a lot of green there. o_O I do like the slightly darker and bleaker look, thoughl, even if it's less realistic, what with all the bright, reflective snow around.
    Thanks for the critique, at any rate!

^ Top  
  2. Monocause Arcane

Monocause
    OK, OK, it's not 'fairytale' blue, could've been paler anyway ;P And yeah, the greens were more pronounced in the ps'd version, I kinda like the effect.

Snow is no longer bright and reflective when dark and gritty characters approach!

^ Top  
  3. Lonely Vazdru Pimp my Title

Lonely Vazdru
    I wanted to teach you a lesson by posting a million pictures (at least) of proper ancient elves that would blatantly prove how young and effeminate your elf looks. So, without further ado, I Google imaged "elven elder"...

I got this.

I guess you're alright after all.

^ Top  
  4. Blu3vib3 Educated

Blu3vib3
    [​IMG]

Bam. Series of headcanon pieces started. It's James. There's also a broody piece of fiction behind the picture, as with the last one.

^ Top  
  5. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Nice. Didn't know that James was a Joo. ;)

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  7. Wyrmlord Arcane

Wyrmlord
    Did anybody else imagine the Midkemian Kingdom characters with some kind of a melodramatic Spanish accent? You know, because of the funny moustaches?

"I be signor Locklear, and I go where I please!"

[​IMG]

Plus, I imagined the moredhel as sounding Russian. Since they are villainous people coming from a cold place.

^ Top  
  8. unusual Novice

unusual
    Hello all.

Anyone know " rations " hex code? Im dead chapter 6 sleeping glide. :-(

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.