Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, i will has teh shitbox after all

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Gave some financial aid to a desperate buddy and he, as a quest reward, will give me a used piece of chipped xbox360 and a bunch of games, mostly on burned dvd-rs.
I know for sure what i want to play first, as i haven't had a proper 1337 gaming rig for years and that would be all the latest fifas, proevos and nhls. But besides sport sims that are always quality stuff in it's own genre, especially on console platforms, want to know what else is there that is worth to try out. Would be especially interesed in exclusive stuff, but you should mention also a cross platformers, because i have been out of the loop for four or five years tbh. Have been playin' JA2, Wiz8 and Civ4 when there's nothin' else to do mostly for years now.
Cheerious, first gaming related post in years prob..

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Play Eador instead, and take your anger at losing constantly out on the shitbox. I have just saved your soul from eternal damnation.

Elthosian

Arcane
Sticking only to exclusive/semi-exclusive stuff: If you love shoot'em ups you should try to get Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, Gunstar Heroes and Bangai-O HD. If you like arcade style first-person shooters the Halo series is a great option, Legendary mode is difficult as hell and the AI is pretty decent, as well as the gunplay, and if you hate the health-regeneration crap, it can be turned off for maximum classicness, sadly though, there is no way to bypass the two-weapon system AFAIK.

Also Dust: An Elysian Tail is great if you like action platformers with Metroidvania touches although it's character design is totally furry. PGR4 is a great semi-arcade racer with lots of stuff to do and Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation is a somewhat ok arcadey combat flight game.

Then there is Lost Odyssey if you're into Final Fantasy-style JRPG as well as Tales of Vesperia which is pretty similar except for the combat system, oh, and there is also Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2, both great hack&slash games, or so I have read.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
If you are into Western-movies and don't mind GTA sandboxes, try out Red Dead Redemption. It oozes Atmosphere and is a fun game imo.

zeitgeist

Magister
Saints Row 1/2/3, Amped/Stoked/SSX/Tony Hawk, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1/2 for local coop, Assassin's Creed games, Prototype 1/2, Saboteur, Just Cause 2, Batman AA/AC, ME1/2/3/Alpha Protocol, Way of the Samurai 3, Dead Space 1/2, Dead Island, Dead Rising 1/2/OTR

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
If you are into Western-movies and don't mind GTA sandboxes, try out Red Dead Redemption. It oozes Atmosphere and is a fun game imo.
As always with Rockstar games, the cutscenes are more than 50% of the game and are also likely to be more entertaining than the actual gameplay itself, so he'd better be really into Western-movies if he decides to give that a spin. Also very empty game world and zero replay value. Might as well just find a LP of it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Seems like you're giving off mixed signals, Smorgothbord.

At least recommend games that the Codex can get behind, like Fable 2 and The Idolmaster series. edit: Oh, and Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball 2.

A user named cat

Forza seems to be about the only worthwhile exclusive 360 has to offer, so give that a try.

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
I may be young in the codex and full of newfag air, but i find the need deep within me to shout

:declining:

say no to xbawks.
Burn the motherfucker and constructively release your inner rage. Your friend that passed it to you need not know.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Dead or Alive Beachball? bikini deathmatch? gravity-defying boobs?
Making friends with the other hot babes by buying them jewelry and playing various water-based games in order to completely dominate xtreme beach volleyball?

Absolutely. Best game of all time.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Nier
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Earth Defence Force 2017
Deadly Premonition
Shadows of the Damned
Vanquish
Deathsmiles
Lost Odyssey

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
It is nice that you guises make lists of something that you thin is good, but i would prefer a post that consists of couple of sentences of description. Better name one game and tell something about it than hoard out a stack of stuff.
Anyway, i will still make considerations upon lists that were given.
I may be young in the codex and full of newfag air, but i find the need deep within me to shout

:declining:

say no to xbawks.
Burn the motherfucker and constructively release your inner rage. Your friend that passed it to you need not know.
Look, guy, it's not 2006 anymore. Oblivion has been already released. You lost the train. Your out of your element. You're washed up. Hit the road, Jack. The war is over. The prohibition's over. You're history.
Check up latest updates of codex hivemind lore only here, only today, for a mere gold bar!

Anyhowz, i will defiunitely check out Derp Den Dterptyion or what was it and, of course, the latest GTA altjough i know definitely that i wont play them through just like all the other gtas. Fucking timed quests and stupid shit like klik there and kklik here shit cannot stand me.

Btw, is there any other sport sim without afore mentioned, that is realistic and contains at least ounce of tactical diversity? I would even take decent made tennis sim or smth. Best time waisters ever.

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
For a mere gold bar??? srsly!!1!111

:keepmyjewgold:

Can i haz achievementzzz too along with my newfound consolitis then? Oh please say yes..my life is a sore, derp-infested wreck of a utopic fallacy without it?

DU !!! Oh Janitor of this world and all others, whom we all bow to in deference and holy ecstacy, heed your loyal sheep member's warning!!! You are being underbid !!! Some bad people here offer more for less!!!

God damn Jews everywhere these days...

Elthosian

Arcane
Bayonetta? Always wanted to try that but have no console :oops:

Gameplay is great, it has lots of content and ZERO stupid DLC, the main problem is that it has LOTS of video scenes (it suffers from the MGS cancer, yep), so I ended up switching to another game after a while, also, it's one of these where the devs think you have never played an action game before, so they force you to play in Normal (or easier) mode even if you like to start games in the highest difficulties.

Also, another great shitbox-only twin-stick shoot'em up is Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, the first one is in PC though, so maybe it's not that much of an exclusive, but it is still great, you have eight pretty different modes, from a Pacifist Mode where you can't fire to a King of the Hill-style where you are only able to shot enemies from inside a set of circles that appear and dissapear constantly, oh, and it's achievements are mostly great and truly rewarding, there is not much of that "you started playing!!! 10G!" crap.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
How can any of you play any action game with the ridiculous 'mushroom' sticks anyway? Have been missing out on a lot of content that has been released through out the years and my current PC is too old so i got a bunch of dvds from my pal with stuff like Max Payne 3, GTA4, Mafia 2 and the new Deus Ex game, but i don't see how is it even possible to have control over your protagonist with this sort of movement control. I can't hit and even move for shit without mouse controlled look.
What's the deal with USB keyboard and mouse? I heard you can use them, but couldn't figure anything out. Doesn't seem bawks software is even recognizing them when plugged in. No indication as to how sign action over keyboard buttons.
And that leads to another frustrating thing. Ever since the old NES/SNES there was never a game that you couldn't asign action to buttons by your own choosing. Now this nex gen wonder doesn't seem to have a function as basic as that. Ho come. I only see few 'presents' in some of the games. I can't even properly play FIFA/NHL (the games that are way better with gamepad otherwise) because i can't switch to the configurations i have used for years in all these series.
tl;dr I HAVE A CONSOLE RASH :x

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Just get a proper gaming PC and let that piece of crap gather dust. And no you can't use mouse & kb, you're stuck with the shit gamepad.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
''Just get''. That's what spoiled western kids say when they actually mean ''have momma buy''. Had i finances i would have, but i don't right now. Which is why bawks that i technically didn't even buy seemed like an ok idea temporarily.
Anyway, found out how to assign buttons in FIFA, but the original pad is uncomfortable as fuck. Does it support other USB pads from Logitech, Gembird etc. or am i stuck with the native only?

Gozma

Arcane
You could get one of the rhythm games that was a big fad a few years ago before they crashed their own market. I imagine you can get one of those toy guitar controllers in Western Mongolia or wherever very cheap out of someone's closet, they ended up massively overproducing them. They were a big fad for a reason and they're charming for a while before you get sick of it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
''Just get''. That's what spoiled western kids say when they actually mean ''have momma buy''. Had i finances i would have, but i don't right now. Which is why bawks that i technically didn't even buy seemed like an ok idea temporarily.
Anyway, found out how to assign buttons in FIFA, but the original pad is uncomfortable as fuck. Does it support other USB pads from Logitech, Gembird etc. or am i stuck with the native only?

No, I mean save up for it and buy it. Not very hard, just skip the booze for a while. There's 3rd party controllers available of course, but they're probably even worse than the official one (and I'd wager you can't just stick any old USB pad into it and expect it to work, it'd have to be made for the 360).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom