Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, is Oblivion: GotY worth the 10€ on STEAM?

Gwendo

Augur
There's a sale on STEAM: Oblivion Game of the Year for 9,99€.

Do you think it's worth it? Is it too outdated? The STEAM version is MOD friendly? If I buy it, what would be the essential mods?

Epsilon

Cipher
You should probably try it yourself and see what all the rage is about. If you've got the money to throw around then do it, else just pirate it. Then come back here and tell us of your adventures in the imperial sewage system.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Go for it. And don't forget to mod it properly.

36066-2-1292430383.jpg

36066-4-1292862674.jpg

36066-1-1292686956.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Well, I just installed Nehrim and played it for the first time just now, so I'd say get Oblivion so you can play Nehrim. Got out of the starter dungeon and did a few other quests after that. It's pretty awesome.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Spend you $$ on a good indie game, someone that is worth spending your money on.

Not the shitty Oblivion.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I might grab it for 10$ (The fact that they don't do an exchange rate for that is sick.) except you can't run half the mods on a Steam game. So I wouldn't even waste the disk space.

Multi-headed Cow

Actually you can run all the mods on the Steam version. At first you couldn't, but after a few days Valve and/or Bethesda fixed it so you can. Go look at OBSE to confirm it works with Steam version so you can use all your tasteful rape mods.

ElectricOtter

No. Use the money to buy Gothic II: Gold Edition instead.

EDIT: Actually, do what Hobo Elf said. Nehrim reminded me of the Gothic series, in a good way.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I bought Oblivion when it came out and I regret it more than anything else I've ever purchased, including Earthworm Jim 3D. I didn't have the codex to tell me it sucked at the time; don't make the same mistake I did.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Yes. Its well worth 10$

Play is using FCOM: Convergence. Removes level scaling adds some interesting stuff to dungeons and a bunch of other stuff. I would use the plugins that add Giants, Umberhulks and Balrogs though if you want to keep the lore from the Elder Scrolls.

With that mod installed it's a pretty fun game.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No fuck that.

Pirate it and play Nehrim instead.

oscar

Arcane
Purchasing anything tells the producer that they should make more of it. So don't.

Angthoron

Arcane
Don't do it, buying crap games directly influences the making of even more crap games.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
catfood said:
Jaesun said:
Spend you $$ on a good indie game, someone that is worth spending your money on.

Not the shitty Oblivion.

Yeah, buy KOTC or something and torrent Oblibian if you must.

I agree. Though I recommend not playing Oblivion at all, just like FO3 and Arcania. It's just shit, spend your cash on anything else than this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom