Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, the people of the Foundry made a terrible mistake

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there anyway to make a town neutral again? Do they forgive mass-murder after a while? Also, is there a way to resurrect dead NPCs?

Finally, is the Foundry a necessary location to enjoy this game?

Long story short, I visited the Foundry briefly and encountered a lady in one of the homes. Without giving too many spoilers, I also discovered a secret passage with a keycard entry. Using my big brain, I deduced that she possessed the necessary keycard, so I shot her in the face and took it. I was right, and I had a great time exploring her secret bunker.

Anyway, when I exited the bunker the entire Foundry was hostile to me. This seems grossly unfair, because I killed the lady while behind closed doors and nobody ever saw me. My quicksave and autosave were both post-murder, and my only other save was from hours prior, so I said fuck it and refused to stand for such a gross injustice.

I, a 100% innocent player character, stormed out of the Foundry icing everyone who got in my way. A few named NPCs may have been shot in the face with my plasma pistol or blown to pieces as I burned through my massive grenade surplus. I finally got out the front gate, EMP'd and destroyed the 3 plasma turrets and killed the 6+ guards, and escaped the Foundry. Actually, the lady outside the front gate continued to talk to me even though I burnt 5 guards to death with molotovs and plasma blasts right in front of her eyes. She is a bit of a low tier merchant, though, right? I don't use metal armour.

So, will Foundry forgive me? Does it matter? I was thinking about making a new character, but I'm still only level 13 and I want to go finish up the Core City quests. I'm supposed to be helping Gorsky defeat the Faceless and find the acid gang, or something. I am also working with the corporate scientist faction, too, because I have 10 intelligence (again, big brain).

Also, if I do make a new character, what is the best build for a Tchort worshipper? I want to be friends with Tchort, he sounds interesting.

Last edited:

Bergblatstein

Novice
:hero: You dodged a bullet,trust me...

If you are not pulling a fast one, then this has to be one of the funniest things to happen to a player that i read!
Anyway Foundry will be permanently hostile to you. This can even happen if you try to loot a container marked red.
You can still finish the game or cut your loses and restart or even export your character and import in a new game.

Be sure to to visit that location again.

Edit:

Tcortist take all kinds so whatever you roll be it soldier, scientist, psy, there will be a place for you.

Gregz

Arcane
My quicksave and autosave were both post-murder, and my only other save was from hours prior, so I said fuck it and refused to stand for such a gross injustice.

Yeah, styg gives no fucks sorry. There are many many ways you can screw yourself in underrail. I make a habit of creating a new save before each level-up, just name them 1, 2, 3, etc. You'll be glad you did.

deama

Prophet
I'm not a fan of how they did the hostile system, basically if you're in a controlled zone, if you do anything bad to a faction, you'll be perma flagged by that faction, gg. There are special zones that allow you to kill someone and get away if no one saw you, but I don't see why they didn't make it like that from the beginning?

Tigranes

Arcane
Foundry does not forget, Underrail does not forgive.

Generally, you'd be OK to play without the location. There are a few cool quests that you would want to try in a future playthrough, notably the extraction mission, but especially with the DLC giving a ton of quests and XP in that mid-level range, you're in no shortage of content.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Candide

Educated
Also if you craft, you'll be cut off from infused leather and super steel in general.

razvedchiki

Erudite
You commited murder of a respectable member of their community and then proceeded to exterminate their police force.
What do you expect other than a brief execution?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also if you craft, you'll be cut off from infused leather and super steel in general.

I don't have any need for super steel, but I did want to find out what infused leather is all about. The lady outside the front door to the Foundry is still alive and friendly, so fingered crossed she will sell me the components at some point.

You commited murder of a respectable member of their community and then proceeded to exterminate their police force.

The lady I killed was in no way respectable, and I have all the proof necessary. However, the real issue is that nobody saw me kill her. For all intents and purposes, the people of Foundry attacked me for no reason. They are the real (attempted) murderers.

Styg needs to patch the game so that the Foundry sends my character a formal apology and an invitation to return. Or just a keycode that gives me infused leather.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
My proudest moment, defeating the unwashed pan-handlers of Core City.

underrail.jpg

Keep the change, dirtbag

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane

The lady I killed was in no way respectable, and I have all the proof necessary. However, the real issue is that nobody saw me kill her. For all intents and purposes, the people of Foundry attacked me for no reason. They are the real (attempted) murderers.

Styg needs to patch the game so that the Foundry sends my character a formal apology and an invitation to return. Or just a keycode that gives me infused leather.
On a more serious note, you don't just shoot someone in the face BEFORE they're proven to be guilty and the evidence handed over to the authorities. Do you have hacking at the time? If not, were you playing a male character? If you do, you should be able to seduce get seduced by her and gave you a chance to rightfully shoot her in the face or gain access to the evidence without being flagged by the faction.

Anyway, even though the Zone Control system weren't entirely perfect as is, do you think the Foundry can't put two and two together, and concluded that the new schmuck that just arrived in town could be responsible for the death of one of their own? Not to mention that, for all intent and purpose, they might not seen you committed the murder but they MIGHT have seen you entered her house prior to her death. So even if you performed the kill silently, the Controlled Zone is working as the devs intended.

Still.... bravo if this is a shitpost, bre.

Candide

Educated

I don't have any need for super steel, but I did want to find out what infused leather is all about. The lady outside the front door to the Foundry is still alive and friendly, so fingered crossed she will sell me the components at some point.
There's no super steel if you don't do the foundry quests, sorry. Also, there's no certain hush-hush secret faction if you don't have access to foundry.

Black Angel

Arcane
Yeah... cutting yourself from the Foundry won't block you from finishing the game... but the experience would be incomplete. Not that there's anything wrong with it if it's your first playthrough, but then why are you here making this thread, eh bre?

The whole quest is extremely underwhelming. The woman is supposed to be moderately wealthy but you can not even blackmail her with the knowledge. Just a big meh. Poorly written railroad quest.
Anyway, even though the Zone Control system weren't entirely perfect as is, do you think the Foundry can't put two and two together, and concluded that the new schmuck that just arrived in town could be responsible for the death of one of their own? Not to mention that, for all intent and purpose, they might not seen you committed the murder but they MIGHT have seen you entered her house prior to her death. So even if you performed the kill silently, the Controlled Zone is working as the devs intended.
What you wrote makes no sense at all. Foundry has a murderer on the loose. The common sense thing for the investigators there is is to assume the murderer got yet another victim when she is found dead. The previous murders happened before you arrived anyways so you are not that killer in any case. Then they check her apartment, find her keycard, find her rpgcodex shitposting girlcave and find out she is a mass murderer. Not to mention if the guards have magical ability to sense murder without seeing it then how come she gets to kill multiple people without getting caught yet when the player kills her it is putting two and two together.

Black Angel

Arcane
What you wrote makes no sense at all. Foundry has a murderer on the loose. The common sense thing for the investigators there is is to assume the murderer got yet another victim when she is found dead. The previous murders happened before you arrived anyways so you are not that killer in any case. Then they check her apartment, find her keycard, find her rpgcodex shitposting girlcave and find out she is a mass murderer. Not to mention if the guards have magical ability to sense murder without seeing it then how come she gets to kill multiple people without getting caught yet when the player kills her it is putting two and two together.
The wiki didn't elaborate on it, but iirc the Foundry didn't yet realize there were murders at all. This is because ALL the bodies are down there in the bunkers, and from what I remember what the Foundry people talked about weren't about murderers or that there were murders, but people missing and at around the same time those rock creatures being loose on the mine, they just take it as maybe some of those rock creatures somehow gotten on the street and took people away.

The wiki didn't elaborate on it, but iirc the Foundry didn't yet realize there were murders at all. This is because ALL the bodies are down there in the bunkers, and from what I remember what the Foundry people talked about weren't about murderers or that there were murders, but people missing and at around the same time those rock creatures being loose on the mine, they just take it as maybe some of those rock creatures somehow gotten on the street and took people away.
You are correct.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom