Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So we've been fucking about with the theme...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Forums are a result of Saint's work with images by Fez. The front page is Saint's, Fez and a bit of colour schemeing by me.

Here's what the front page looks like to me. I'd be interested if it looks different to you (especially lower or higher resolutions). There are some potential issues I have in mind but I want to see.

http://www.tycooncodex.com/index.php

Please deposit a comment.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Design updated based on feedback at the Codex (Umm.. the RPG one).

Betterer or worserer?

Deathy

Liturgist
I'd say betterer. However that background looks like ass on high resolutions. Can you use something for the background color on the right hand half that isn't black and blends well with the rest of the site?

How it looks on 1280x1024:
http://www.echucahighschool.vic.edu.au/brad/tycoon.jpg
(sorry about the slowness, that server doesn't have a fast upload pipe.)

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I actually changed it to white - probably all of 30 seconds after you took that screenshot (I was going through a bunch of colours before I settled on white). Every colour other than black just seemed to suck.

Psilon

Erudite
Might want to keep mucking about with the colors. As the Sims2 thread shows, hyperlinks don't show up against the quote background.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
There's a bunch of white spots on the coin in the main header, and the forum header looks rather shitty. D:

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Rex broke his cookie cutter during the whole Grimoire debacle. Oh yeah, and he doesn't work here anymore.

Speaking of which, why in the world are good graphics people so damn hard to find?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
DarkUnderlord said:
Rex broke his cookie cutter during the whole Grimoire debacle. Oh yeah, and he doesn't work here anymore.

Despite what Cleve SUPAH GEENYOUS Blackmore says, that wasn't the reason.

Raymondo

Liturgist
DarkUnderlord said:

He doesn't work here anymore? Shit, I have been away awhile.

DarkUnderlord said:
Speaking of which, why in the world are good graphics people so damn hard to find?

Try a webdesign forum, those places are full of people waiting to show off their ph4t s1ki11z!!11[/i]

Deathy

Liturgist
But generally, the ph4t sk1llz of ameteur web designers end at photoshop, so you end up with horribly bloated but slightly pretty graphics and a page that has code that appears to have been generated by MS Word.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Saint_Proverbius said:
Despite what Cleve SUPAH GEENYOUS Blackmore says, that wasn't the reason.
YOU MUST STOP DOUBTING THE WORD OF CLEVE!

By the way, anyone notice Cleve's additions to the Exitiumpedia?

Raymondo said:
True, but someone on the codex team must know how to program HTML properly?
I'd like to think I do. Given the way I'm about to inflict some real pain on all of you with a new design. Some of the stuff ex has done is a bit messy (seriously, table city - don't get me wrong, tables are great and much preferable to CSS shit but table, table, table, table all embedded within each other, when all you need is one, is just stretching it).

chaedwards

Liturgist
Thread resurrection:
The submit and go buttons have a nice black font on dark maroon buttons. Bit hard to read.

whatusername

Scholar
I have the biggest penis out of all the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom