Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Software for table-top map making world, city and dungeon????

The Limper

Educated
Looking for a software recommendation for building maps. I will be starting a whole new homebrew campaign. Need the software to build all map types. World, city maps and dungeons. Campaign Cartographer 3 any good? I would prefer to buy the software, not pay a monthly subscriber fee.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Campaign Cartographer 3 any good?
Yes —but it might be overkill for a D&D campaign.
You could also try out these [27] alternatives:
https://alternativeto.net/software/campaign-cartographer/

*CC3 can additionally be used for making ¾ view perspective maps.
fantasy_map_by_djekspek_thime.jpg

Last edited:

The Limper

Educated

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I like Worldographer enough to have bought it. But I only ever use it for making the hex map of the world; I can't say if the city and dungeon mappers are good or bad. https://worldographer.com/

I also own Illwinter's Floorplan Generator, but haven't used it once since 2019. At that time, it was decent enough but I found that I like to map dungeons by hand, so it was left to gather dust. Reviews say it ain't bad, though, nor is it expensive, and it also seems to have improved quite a bit since. https://store.steampowered.com/app/630900/Illwinters_Floorplan_Generator/

The Limper

Educated
After perusing for awhile, i am liking the CC3 bundle pack for 74.99, covers all 3 aspects that I listed. I do plan on spending a bit if time on my
Project, so the ‘Con’ of its takes time to learn the UI is not so daunting. I actually enjoy that aspect a bit. I already have the campaign fleshed out with hand drawn maps on both Hex paper (world) and graph paper (a few of the starting towns, 2 dungeons and 1 ruined keep).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom