Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sol Invictus strikes back

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Heh, I remember that. Good times in #Hellgatelondon eh?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
chakl said:
We have a vision you see; an RPG site with news, in-depth articles, reviews, previews, and an active community. The Codex, without the imbecility that so putrefies it. The Codex - redefined. Are you prepared to make a difference? Are you prepared to become part of something great, something ultimate?
"Can you afford to take that risk? Can... your children?"

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah, I'm sure that it's not chakl. Some of you guys need to stop acting like idiots.

It's bad enough that you make some post here under his name but whoever it was also did it on NMA. Give it a rest.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Why would we do it, Sol? If it wasn't that chakl character, then it was someone else from your team. Anyway, I wish you luck with your site, and hope you can turn it into something good.

serch

Magister
chakl said:
We have a vision you see; an RPG site with news, in-depth articles, reviews, previews, and an active community. The Codex, without the imbecility that so putrefies it. The Codex - redefined. Are you prepared to make a difference? Are you prepared to become part of something gay, something intimate?

Done!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
serch said:
chakl said:
We have a vision you see; an RPG site with news, in-depth articles, reviews, previews, and an active community. The Codex, without the imbecility that so putrefies it. The Codex - redefined. Are you prepared to make a difference? Are you prepared to become part of something gay, something intimate?

Done!
Don't help him sell it.

LlamaGod

Cipher
now that I look at the IP check and apply my brainz I think Nicolai wrote this post D:

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
I don't think I would have been able to resist the temptation of squeezing a "Such are the horrors of war, my child" in there somewhere. Anyway, the post itself was pretty okay, if not somewhat poorly written. I suspect I would have put some more effort into it if I had been the mastermind behind it all.

Jason

chasing a bee
Since we're getting all anal and technical about it, note that the original mailto link was edited to a normal link without an edit statement ("edited by so and so on June 24th etc") showing up in the post. That means that the individual in question has Codex mod/admin powers which narrows the list of suspects quite a bit.

Also, Connie Chung lives in my sock drawer.

edit: I checked, Connie's still there.

Calis

Pensionado
baby arm said:
Since we're getting all anal and technical about it, note that the original mailto link was edited to a normal link without an edit statement ("edited by so and so on June 24th etc") showing up in the post. That means that the individual in question has Codex mod/admin powers which narrows the list of suspects quite a bit.
That edit occurred after the first reply?

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
I think you can edit your post within a few minutes of publication without having the "edited by" message appear.

Edit: testing testing.
Edit deux: Mein gott.

Calis

Pensionado
Well, I checked on the "edits happened" stuff. My Evil Edit Logger shows that VD changed the thread title while Naked_Lunch fixed the mailto link. That's all. Still no clue as to who the person making the original post was. The person in question did register with an e-mail addy, but since we don't have e-mail activation enabled that could easily be fake. (it's gunslingahgurrrl@hotmail.com, by the way. Yeah, faking annoys me.)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Since the original post is an advertisement, and since there was a similar post made by "chakl" or whoever at NMA, I think it's safe to assume that the new Exit's crew is busy advertsing his new site. A fake advertisement by someone here would have been more entertaining, wouldn't it?

Calis

Pensionado
Yeah. It's still kinda wonky that the anonymizer used was the same one used in a previous supposedly fake SolInvictus versus TacticularCancer thread (before TC and Codex were merged).
Bottom line, though, is that we still have no idea who it is, but I agree - if this were a case of "someone at the Codex discredits SolRex's new work" I would expect the post to be a lot more outrageous.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Obviously, with this new found evidence, we can assume that it was ausir all along. Who else would know of the pseudo-chakl's exploits so fast and so soon?

Calis

Pensionado
I've never trusted him, with his wiki's and his subtitles.

LlamaGod

Cipher
nicolai loves proxies and has fucked up and posted as a guest on accident before and he's also in love with Rex

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Why would we do it, Sol? If it wasn't that chakl character, then it was someone else from your team. Anyway, I wish you luck with your site, and hope you can turn it into something good.

chakl's IP isn't 66.98.168.78. It's someone on this forum. I'm not accusing anyone on the Codex staff of doing it so there's no need to be defensive about it, because I don't think any of you guys would do anything stupid like that. The site isn't even launched yet, so we wouldn't be advertising it this early in any case, and certainly not like that.

It wasn't anyone else on our team, either... considering that the team consists of me and chakl and a number of content contributors who have no involvement in the management or advertising of the website.

Anyway, thanks. Just know that we don't plan to compete with the Codex. The Codex has its own niche (independent RPGs, roguelikes, hardcore RPGs mainly) while we plan to cover more mainstream stuff, as well as a number of JRPGs, 360 and PS3 RPGs, and select MMORPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom