Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
No games are friendly past lvl 10 when based on D&D.

bec de corbin

Educated
Dog watch continues...

Q: Let's say you are able to create Solasta 2. Do you think we can import our characters from Solasta 1 to 2 and allow our characters to reach levels higher than 10?

A: That'd be a great idea, but also a hard one to implement. What about new players? Do they just start with level 10 characters? Do we do some kind of magic mumbo jumbo and roll everyone down back to level 1?

Makes me wonder what type of ending are they planning for Solasta if they're not sure the party will cary over.

If so I'm hoping the ending finishes the adventure satisfyingly enough for the party but leaves more about the world open for the maybe sequel.
If they have an original setting they can just have a new story also set in the world, right? Fallout 1 didn't need a sequel hook, they just made Fallout 2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.solasta-game.com/news/99-dev-update-video-dice-system-preview

You've been asking for it, and we shall oblige! Today's a short video on our new Dice System that we've recently implemented in Solasta: Crown of the Magister, which will be available on Steam Early Access on October 20th!

Solasta: Crown of the Magister is a Turn-Based Tactical RPG based on the SRD 5.1 ruleset. Wizards of the Coast has granted Tactical Adventures a license to use the Dungeons & Dragons SRD 5.1 content and rules in Solasta: Crown of the Magister.

Timestamps:
00:00 Introduction
00:28 Dice Option Settings
00:55 Dice Rolls during Dialogs / Cutscenes
01:24 Dice Rolls during Combat
01:43 Dice Rolls during Exploration
01:59 Dice Color Customization
02:50 Outro

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/2972199

Solasta Kickstarter Update | Early Access Keys & Dice System Preview

Hey there folks,
I honestly didn't think I'd manage to sneak in a Video Dev Diary so close to our Early Access launch, but turns out that one doesn't need sleep to survive when you ace those Constitution Saving Throws! And in case you didn't manage to succeed your Intelligence (Insight) check, I was just kidding. Crunch bad mmm'kay? Anyway today is a bit of a shorter video, but I think all of you dice lovers out there will be very much interested in it!

Enjoy! There probably won't be another Video Dev Diary for a while as we'll be focusing on our Early Access Launch for the foreseeable future (but don't worry, it will come back at some point).

Early Access & Kickstarter - What to Expect!
We are less than 3 weeks away from our Steam Early Access launch, and many of you are already wondering where and when you're going to get your Steam Key (and rightly so)!

Here is what we intend to do. As usual, there might be some adjustments on the fly - but don't worry you'll be the first to know if there are any changes to the plan.
  • We'll send the Early Access Steam Keys either on Friday 16th or Monday 19th. You won't be able to play the game before the 20th, but we want to make sure everyone has the time to receive their key before the game hits the store.
  • The Steam Keys will be sent through CrowdOx. Make sure you keep an eye out for CrowdOx mails!
  • We'll post a Kickstarter Update when the keys are sent (so you don't have to play the guessing game as to whether you should look for a mail or not)
Got a problem? Don't worry, we got you!
CrowdOx? What is that? I haven't received any mail from CrowdOx ever!

CrowdOx is our Backer platform, and is required to receive any rewards - make sure you completed your Kickstarter Survey! If you never did, you won't be assigned a Steam Key! You can get your Survey Link back at this URL: https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister

I already tried this URL, but my email isn't recognized :(

In that case send us a mail at contact@tactical-adventures.com with your Kickstarter Name, your real name, your Kickstarter email (if different from the one you used to contact us) and your Pledge level

Where are the other rewards?

All the digital rewards will be available when the full release hits the store in 2021. All the physical rewards will be sent within 3 months of the full release on Steam.

Article by Tactical Myzzrym

Oh Myzzrym, I guess we'll have to see about getting those Early Access keys to the Codex fundraiser backers.

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
Aye should be all good for the keys, I added Codex backers to CrowdOx as if they were Kickstarter backers. But in case something screws up, you know where to find me!

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
Won't be available at EA launch (otherwise we'd have already said it). That being said, while I can't officially confirm anything, from the echos I hear the chances of Solasta being on GOG at some point are high.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
...you know where to find me!
d4zxu6w-39c1513a-2b82-4a53-9c72-0e1dc39988bb.jpg

Bara

Arcane
Myzzrym I know you said for kickstarter backers if they redeem they're code on steam but a gog version becomes available you'll just provide another code which is completely awesome.

I'm curious though for those who buy the steam early access version is the same applicable to them? If your unsure about that you might want to talk to gog about their gog connect program along with your communications to them.

Basically users who link their steam and gog accounts can have copies of their steam games added to their gog libraries if the devs agree to it. I don't know if gog themselves approaches developers first or vice versa.

Technically you could do that with the kickstarter backed copies too but I know some people (myself included) who don't like the idea of permanently linking their steam and gog accounts together. We're a paranoid lot.

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
Bara: Unfortunately I do not believe we can do the same with Steam purchase. I'll have to check with the team, but I don't think that's going to be a thing.

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
Optimisation is usually done towards the later stages of development, when you've already added most systems / features in your game. We're doing a quick pass before EA, and we'll do another larger pass before 1.0 launch (it runs much better than it used to on my PC).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.solasta-game.com/news/100-dev-update-22-less-than-2-weeks-before-early

DEV UPDATE #22 - LESS THAN 2 WEEKS BEFORE EARLY ACCESS

Hey there folks,

As we're in our last sprint towards Early Access release, today's Dev Update is going to be much lighter than usual! Still, do keep reading as there is plenty of information you may want to have for our release day. And of course, cat pic!

jVQNMjPeKqsorXVhioPzLPZ3aC7ey8Mqdb0iu9Zy.png

Hope you saved your work, cat splat incoming

Dice for the Dice Gods!

Just dropping it again if case you missed it last week, the Dice Preview video is here and you should definitely watch it if you haven't already! Don't worry this one is short compared to the previous ones: In and out, 3-minute adventure.

Solasta Early Access Previews available!

Since the beginning of this week, we've been showing bits and pieces of our Early Access to journalists and game websites - so keep an eye out for new information about our game that was never revealed yet! Here are two articles that are already out:
Steam Autumn Game Festival

We're back with the Ruins of Telema Demo for one final time during the Steam Autumn Game Festival. If you haven't already, make sure you play Telema before it gets forever retired when our Early Access goes live. It's almost time to say goodbye to Violet, Garrad, Vigdis and Rhuad! Farewell heroes, Hector shall probably never be saved.

I can't believe it's already been more than a year since this demo was released. Hopefully we shall go back to Telema one day!
Backers, be prepared!

As we announced in our latest Kickstarter Update, we will be sending Early Access Steam Keys towards end of next week. Here is all the important information:
  • We will post a new Kickstarter Update after sending the keys, so you won't have to wonder if you missed something or not.
  • The game will unlock on Tuesday October 20th at 2 am PDT / 5 am EDT / 11 am CEST - the hour may yet change.
  • The Steam Keys will be sent by mail through CrowdOx, so make sure to check your junk folder if you can't find anything after we post our Kickstarter Update next week!
    • If you didn't receive any mail, you can also find your key on your CrowdOx Survey URL, which was sent to you last year in November ("Pledge Confirmation")
    • Forgot what your URL was? You can get it back here: https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister
    • Tried it already but it's not working out? Contact us directly at contact@tactical-adventures.com with your Kickstarter Name, Real Name, Kickstarter Email and Pledge Level (note that due to being busy with release, it may take some time for us to answer - so only use that mail as last recourse)

Supporter Pack - Unlocked for free to all Kickstarter Backers!

As with many other Steam games, Solasta will be sporting a Supporter Pack when Early Access releases for those who want to further support us financially. This package will contain a few goodies: a high resolution concept art pack, with some additional dice customization and dice VFX available when the full 1.0 version launches. Reminder that buying this pack is first and foremost to show support for the game and the studio, the goodies are absolutely non-essential to get the full game experience of Solasta.
  • If you are a Kickstarter Backer, you will automatically receive a Steam Key for the Supporter Pack around the same time you get your Solasta Early Access Key, there is no need for you to buy it again - we'd rather you leave us a review and talk to about the game online. You supported us plenty a year ago, so the goodies are on us!
  • Note that the Supporter Pack is different from the Kickstarter Edition, which remains exclusive to Kickstarter Backers at Tier $40+. The Kickstarter Edition bonus content will be unlocked when the full 1.0 version launches in 2021.
oz71yD8M8hnslQZjkvIgw0xy0bI7b2hcoPXBjj58.png

Our environment concept art make for great wallpapers and can easily be used in your pen and paper sessions

XEeQ9gSH2Ag5J0jl2qifCpE1DDYujSMbQVrR2zls.png

Need some inspiration for your character's new magic weapon? Our Solastan weapons are available in high resolution as well!

That's it for today! Thank you for reading, and don't hesitate to drop by our Forums or our Discord Server.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just to be clear about this - if I participate in the EA on Steam, can I get a GOG key when/if that happens? I don't care what happens with the Steam copy after that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom