Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
5E is worse than 2E and 3E? Yes. 5E is that awful? No.

Some people here has ridiculous high standards. Everything that is not a masterpiece must sucks... The unique really awful TT game is 4E.
Ahh it is not that bad,but no reason to play an inferior version when you could play 3.5. Also it the most important part is the DM,he could change and mess around with the rules,as they are more of guide lines than rules.

LoL crispo,you whitoid cuck,you seem upset,go play your candycrush modernfag :smug:

Elex

Arbiter

Some people here has ridiculous high standards. Everything that is not a masterpiece must sucks... The unique really awful TT game is 4E.
Also it the most important part is the DM,he could change and mess around with the rules,as they are more of guide lines than rules.
so you just say that 5e is the best edition: in 5e the master have more freedom and decisional power and is easier to homerule without breaking stuff.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You can't easily rule out D&D's fundamental and biggest problem - power escalations every odd level, especially for casters. I still do it, though, I stagger progression and allow spells only up to the 6th spell circle. Outside of that, and maybe swingy RNG, 5E is quite modular, yes.

Mortmal

Arcane

Also it the most important part is the DM,he could change and mess around with the rules,as they are more of guide lines than rules.
so you just say that 5e is the best edition: in 5e the master have more freedom and decisional power and is easier to homerule without breaking stuff.
It's better to homerule the minimum possible , maybe prevent muticlassing and some overpowered combos, as long it stay within 5E philosophy. If you want something more complex , gritty realism and so, just pick 2E ,or any retro clones , shitty homebrewers will just ruin everything.

deuxhero

Arcane
Huh, that's unfortunate. I was looking forward to playing sorc.

Play as a Wizard. Sorc is worthless in 5E compared to a Wiz. Is just a capped down version of Wiz. And you have the Shock Arcanist subclass for wizard. A class all about evocation spells. If you wanna make a blaster, pick shock arcanist. Sadly
Arcane Shock is not in the game which seems to be the coolest aspect of the subclass.

Paladins exists on the game EA. The sublcasses are Oath of DevotionOath of the MotherlandOath of Tirmar https://solastacrownofthemagister.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes

5E Sorcerer isn't worthless, it's just good in 5E for one thing: Paladin multiclassing. Guess what's not in Solasta?

TwoEdge

Scholar
Huh, that's unfortunate. I was looking forward to playing sorc.

Play as a Wizard. Sorc is worthless in 5E compared to a Wiz. Is just a capped-down version of Wiz. And you have the Shock Arcanist subclass for wizard. A class all about evocation spells. If you wanna make a blaster, pick shock arcanist. Sadly
Arcane Shock is not in the game which seems to be the coolest aspect of the subclass.

Paladins exist on the game EA. The subclasses are Oath of DevotionOath of the MotherlandOath of Tirmar https://solastacrownofthemagister.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes

5E Sorcerer isn't worthless, it's just good in 5E for one thing: Paladin multiclassing. Guess what's not in Solasta?

I personally find sorcerer/warlocks amazing, so I'd say two things. A pity we don't get multiclassing (or warlocks, for that matter).

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/3184928

A gift from us to you - "Thank You Backer Access" now available

Hello there folks,

The long voyage will soon be over. And what a journey! From the small Ruins of Telema demo to a now 40h+ campaign and a Dungeon Maker mode to boot... Before reaching port, we want to give you one last gift. To you people who believed in us with nothing more than a demo. To you Kickstarter backers who helped us get to where we are now.

Those who are familiar with video game development probably already know this: most developers will prepare a version of their game a few weeks before launch so that journalists may prepare their reviews in advance. This build is usually content complete and very close (if not identical) to the version of the game that everyone will be playing at launch.

Today, we're sharing with you access to this content complete version of Solasta. You will be able to play the full campaign and have access to all the sidequests available at launch.

8809eb7584ca96774e3fd9b2a6dd4fe1_original.png

But before that, let's not forget our usual cat picture. Meet Mili, who just joined the team last week!

What should I know about this build?
  • Out of respect to other non-backer fans of Solasta, journalists and reviewers, please DO NOT post any screenshots, videos or talk about the content of this build before May 27th (the release of the game)
  • Spring Update saves files are compatible with this version (unless they were already corrupted), but some bugs can occur as quests and items may have been modified. We suggest starting a new run.
  • Saves from this version will be compatible with the 1.0 version at launch (May 27th)
  • This version is content complete. That means you have access to everything that will be available in the 1.0 version at launch.
  • This version will automatically update into the 1.0 version at launch.
  • The Dungeon Maker has been significantly upgraded with 3 new environments. Enjoy!
  • The option to publish Dungeons on the Steam Workshop will be unavailable until launch day. You can still create Dungeons (there are local saves) to publish them at launch.
  • This version is only available on Steam (handling both Steam and GOG would take too much time while we prepare for launch). The 1.0 version will be available on both GOG and Steam at launch.
  • If you run into any bug or have any feedback, you can contact us here: https://forms.gle/rH8jE118QchXpqsC6
Anything else I need to know?
We know we've said that before, but please DO NOT post any screenshots, videos or talk about the content of this build before May 27th (the release of the game).

Other than that... enjoy your adventure, and pray to the gods of RNG on a regular basis! Thank you for all your support, kind words and constructive feedback - it really means a lot to us, as this is our first project as a small indie studio. And if you liked your time in Solasta, don't forget to tell your friends to check it out and leave a review once the game launches on May 27th <3

Myzzrym

Mortmal

Arcane
Not only they exceed my expectations but they even dare to deliver earlier.. Really the perfect example on how to run a kickstarter. Will keep me busy this weekend.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wish I also had backed this KS.

I an fine with giving early access to backers, but why give it to retarded game journos? I don't get why people take this guys seriously.

Shrimp

Arbiter

I an fine with giving early access to backers, but why give it to retarded game journos? I don't get why people take this guys seriously.
Giving journalists a copy for review purposes is completely normal. Do you think they just gave them as a gift?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Myzzrym how many cat pics would it take for you to reveal approximately how much money Tactical Adventures spent to make this game? We know you reached around 250.000€ on Kickstarted, but did you rely on any additional fundings?

I know it's premature to talk about future projects, but do you plan to rely on Kickstarter for future games? I'm sure you could rack up far more than what you did with Solasta, since people are more willing to spend their money when the studio seems reliable (an unknown Owlcat raised less than a million with Kingmaker, but got to 2 million with WotR despite the rough experience of the first game). And I'm sure Tactical Adventures WILL look reliable after the release of Solasta, considering the quality of what we got in the EA.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Giving journalists a copy for review purposes is completely normal. Do you think they just gave them as a gift?

I know that is normal, but I wonder why the game devs still take this retarded seriously. For then, not being able to "kill" a insect swarm with a sword is a problem... For then every game needs to be AAA appeal to the lowest common denominator cinematic BS. They can't judge a game for his target audience. And game devs take this guys seriously enough to condition payments to metacritic scores.

Which classes do you suggest?

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane

Advertisement , the more it sell , the better it is for everyone involved young viktor.

Anonona

Learned
I know that is normal, but I wonder why the game devs still take this retarded seriously. For then, not being able to "kill" a insect swarm with a sword is a problem... For then every game needs to be AAA appeal to the lowest common denominator cinematic BS. They can't judge a game for his target audience. And game devs take this guys seriously enough to condition payments to metacritic scores.

In nutshell, game journos must hang.

Probably to avoid being piled on by the mafia that is gaming journalism, as well as to gain some publicity. Though I'll say probably it would be more effective to give it to "youtubers" and streamers to show off and reach the more mainstream audiences.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom