Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Trithne

Erudite
Endgame threats are all liches, and death knights, and beholders, and constructs, and all the other shit that 3.5 insists has "no discernible anatomy". What is a rogue supposed to do in the endgame, go for a smoke while the wizard handles it?

Think about who you're replying to.

PrettyDeadman

Gender pronoun options is a calculated stab in the back of rpgcodex.
:betrayed:
Vote with your wallet by refunding and then googling Solasta.Crown.of.the.Magister-CODEX :)

And don't forget: Never pre-order or back a game on Kickstarter.
If you defunding incline like solasta you are funding decline like bg3. Doesnt matter if you actually buy bg3, defunding solasta switches financial stream towards decline as normies will buy it instead of you.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
First of all, human skeleton is entirely composed of weak parts. Secondly, why? Endgame threats are all liches, and death knights, and beholders, and constructs, and all the other shit that 3.5 insists has "no discernible anatomy". What is a rogue supposed to do in the endgame, go for a smoke while the wizard handles it?

Would be pretty cool when someone tries to make another 3.5 fork that does not go down the Pathfinder autism route to give rogue the ability to sneak attack targets without anatomy at level 7-10 or so as a mandatory class feature.
That way you would have to watch the undead restriction in the early game, and the flavor is kept, but by high level you learn how to place critical hits even against targets without discernible anatomy, making you not useless in the mid to late game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
First of all, human skeleton is entirely composed of weak parts. Secondly, why? Endgame threats are all liches, and death knights, and beholders, and constructs, and all the other shit that 3.5 insists has "no discernible anatomy". What is a rogue supposed to do in the endgame, go for a smoke while the wizard handles it?

Nice point. I still believe that the best undead hunter should be first the paladin and secondly a cleric of a good deity. But you are right. Rogues should have more options to deal with those enemies. As for end game, tome of battle did high level martial play less awful without nerfing arcane casters.

That way you would have to watch the undead restriction in the early game, and the flavor is kept, but by high level you learn how to place critical hits even against targets without discernible anatomy, making you not useless in the mid to late game.

Yep. Like pf unchained monk improved drastically the normal 3e monk.

---------

I get. Pronoums on char creation are retarded, but refunding a game only due it...

Larianshill

Arbiter
There are already features for that in 3.5. Penetrating Strike allows you to deal half your sneak attack damage to immune targets, but they need to be flanked. It's an alternate class feature that replaces Trap Sense, and it's something that should have been a part of the class to begin with. God, I hate 3.5.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Make sure you have someone with high athletics because you will need him to get loot because there is a lot jumping around without another way to get the loot.

From what i have played for now,i am really disappointed,it is even worst than sword coast legends. There is just too many retarded things in it and the combat is pretty bad because of the muh verticality shit. A combat that will take 5-10 minutes in another game it will take like 30-40 minutes in this shit. Just look at this retarded level design.
gDZjUsX.png

My party nearly got whipped because of two retards that climbed in the upper left corner and just camped there throwing javelins. Apparently sticking to the wall and throwing spears with one hand it gives you an advantage. Also the save death things i broken,if you finish the fight before getting all the three green checks you fucking die and you have to reload because the game force you to use revival scroll or reload. So if you get one dude down,spend half an hour killing retards,the game still forces you to reload,doesn't even inform you of that shit when someone dies lol. Also the levelling is bare bones,even not having any interesting chemitypes of 5e.They all are pretty obvious choices.

V_K

Arcane
The hardest part of the game is the very first dungeon with all the soraks. After that, the game gets progressively easier.
Personally, I found the lava forest and subsequent dungeon to be a fair bit of a late-game difficulty spike, especially if you do it at level 7, before the volcano. It has both some of the hardest-hitting enemies (elementals) and the most long rest restrictions. Unfortunately, the endgame is a bit of a letdown comparatively.

Larianshill

Arbiter
This sneak attack bug is bothering me so much, that I'll restart the game without the rogue. This shit is awful.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Make sure you have someone with high athletics because you will need him to get loot because there is a lot jumping around without another way to get the loot.

From what i have played for now,i am really disappointed,it is even worst than sword coast legends. There is just too many retarded things in it and the combat is pretty bad because of the muh verticality shit. A combat that will take 5-10 minutes in another game it will take like 30-40 minutes in this shit. Just look at this retarded level design.
gDZjUsX.png
Тhis is the fight I complained about during early access too. This is the only fight in which the mobs do this, it is very annoying and wastes your time. It's also basically the only time where you don't have many tools to deal with this, no spider-walk, no fly, no boots that allow you to climb, etc.

Bara

Arcane
I have played a bit and am surprised how amateurish it is. There is plenty of problems with the game. Inventory is very daft for example,there is no quick way to move items between container and inventory

And it's so bloody small. I'm putting loot in the stash and unless I'm doing something wrong (which I may very well be) I cant just double click to auto place. I can double click to auto loot it in the stash but I have to click and drag items into a empty slot and manually stack the stack able items and it only displays two rolls at a time so you have to keep scrolling down.

This sneak attack bug is bothering me so much, that I'll restart the game without the rogue. This shit is awful.

Could you make a gif or something of what this looks like because sneak attack been 100% fine for me.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Endgame threats are all liches, and death knights, and beholders, and constructs, and all the other shit that 3.5 insists has "no discernible anatomy". What is a rogue supposed to do in the endgame, go for a smoke while the wizard handles it?"

Oh noes. Your precious rogue can't one shot solo liches, death knights, beholders, and constructs! Whatever will you do? Oh yeah, fukkin' whine like a little baby Obsidianite. HAHAHA..

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm playing on authentic mode + deadlier and merciless AI. I'll see whether anything requires more tweaking, I'm not a fan of mobs getting straight-up bonuses to their rolls.
All rolls on 0, enemy AI at max.... and I will admit, I turned off somatic component of casting. Yes, it makes the game easier, but I don't care. I want my cleric with a hammer and shield. He can make gestures while the hammer is hanging from his wrist by a strap.
The Battle Domain lets you to ignore somatic components.

Changing weapon sets is a free action, so it's not a big deal for caster clerics, but it might be a problem for melee clerics, yeah. That's why (among other things) I said Clerics aren't good fighters without multiclassing options.
The Battle Domain makes for a very good melee Cleric. No somatic components, more HP, extra attack, and proficiency in melee weapons. The +1 you give to AC, attacks, damage, and ST to adjacent allies is also great. I don't like the Channel Divinity options it offers, but they can still be useful at the right moment.

Enchantment is worthless on 5E. In fact, every spell school which isn't evocation = trash.

In other words, forget spells that do more than throw energy. All of then are trash.
You're talking crazy. If you're just taking evocation spells then you're no better than, may Allah forgive me for uttering this, a s*rcerer. It's why I did the sensible thing and specialized her as a loremaster instead of giving her the shocker specialization or whatever it's called.
Up until now, Hideous Laughter is my most used spell in the game. There are good spells outside evocation, they just no longer are instant "I win!" button, but the Shock Arcanist being so broken doesn't help in this comparison.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Battle Domain makes for a very good melee Cleric. No somatic components, more HP, extra attack, and proficiency in melee weapons. The +1 you give to AC, attacks, damage, and ST to adjacent allies is also great. I don't like the Channel Divinity options it offers, but they can still be useful at the right moment.
If you do get an extra attack and no somatic components, it wasn't the case in Early Access. The lack of extra attack and the mini-Smite made my Cleric a very mediocre fighter, it was basically a Paladin without the good bits.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's the sneak attack bug?
The orchid mantis always seemed pretty sneaky to me:

240px-Mantis-Hymenopus-coronatus-6-Luc-Viatour.jpg

But phantom spiders are sneaky to, don't worry.

If you do get an extra attack and no somatic components, it wasn't the case in Early Access. The lack of extra attack and the mini-Smite made my Cleric a very mediocre fighter, it was basically a Paladin without the good bits.
Judging a class by past EA bugs doesn't seem that useful. I know I'm getting no somatic components, I will tell you about the extra attack later. And that channel thing is not just a "mini smite", a free stun each encounter is a life-saver (I will pester Myzzrym as much as I can to change the save from CON to WIS though, because otherwise it can fail pretty often and single target channel options should be more reliable than that).

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My party nearly got whipped
So even cheat engine+story mode is too much for you?
Didn't have to use cheat engine,the game let me make meself.

And it's so bloody small. I'm putting loot in the stash and unless I'm doing something wrong (which I may very well be) I cant just double click to auto place. I can double click to auto loot it in the stash but I have to click and drag items into a empty slot and manually stack the stack able items and it only displays two rolls at a time so you have to keep scrolling down.
Yeah,it is terrible,clearly made by a retard that had never played an rpg. Also you get a lot of "ingredients" garbage. It doesn't help that you don't know which one you need for what. You should have had a separate inventory for all that trash,and used only when crafting.

I just finished the first mission/level and the game is already sending me back to the same place lol this level of rehashing maps will make even dragon age 2 blush :).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What's the sneak attack bug?

Apparently its really slow for Larianshill but he seems to be the only one mentioning it so might be his install got broken or something?
What is the bug,i have noticed that sometimes i don't get sneak attack bonus where i should have,but i just chuck it out as some retarded rule they came up with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom