Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Probably not enough to fix this mess.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Will tactical adventures homebrew their own class? I'm not talking about a subclass. A complete new class. Like a Psion for eg.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
based.png

Based :incline:

ultra-based.png

"Classical cRPGs: Pathfinder Kingmaker, Icewind Dale, Temple of Elemental Evil"

Ultra giga based :incline::incline::incline:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/3361779

Survey - Looking at a future of (Tactical) Adventures!

Hello everyone!

For those of you who don't follow us on social media, we've just released a Community Survey yesterday to better understand what sort of games you - our community - enjoy playing! Now don't you worry, we are still working on Solasta as we speak (more on that soon!) - however, we're also taking the time to look at the future of Tactical Adventures, and we want to know your tastes before we walk down a new path! But before that...

01cd90ea0b69ee778d9eefcad23db20e_original.png

Well at least SOMEONE is enjoying the cold weather out there.

Looking at a future of (Tactical) Adventures!
So what's that all about? Well before we go into details here is the survey link (closes end of November): https://forms.gle/9pVa6MoBx1TuNXUYA

Alright, so! Let's talk a bit about game development. As you all know, making a game takes a lot of time... and often quite a few people too! People with different areas of expertise, meaning you can't really ask a Concept Artist to start fixing bugs all of a sudden. While Programmers & QA are still on the prowl hunting down bugs and fixing them after the game launches, Level Designers may be working on new maps for a future DLC. Meanwhile, the Creative Director is already writing down ideas for potential future games. All of that to say, not everyone will have the same tasks during the life cycle of a game.

Game companies rarely keep working on a single project once their game is out, as not everyone has a lot to do in post-launch! So, since most studios want to keep everyone active and involved, some folks are going to start digging at new projects. And that's where our survey comes in, we're curious to know what you guys like when you're looking for new games.

But... but what about good ol' Solasta? Cheer up, this does not mean we're taking it behind the barn. Like I said earlier each member of the team has different work to do - and most of us are still deep in the Solasta hole! You can always find us on our Discord Server if you have questions, we do pass by from time to time to answer questions^^

Alright folks, this is the end for today! Thank you for reading, and don't hesitate to drop by our Forums or our Discord Server.

Article by Tactical Myzzrym

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1096530/view/3118175882204941268

Patch Notes - Version 1.2.15
Patch 1.2.15
  • Added Lockpicks to Spy & Lowlife starting equipment
  • Fixed voice samples not playing properly in the Character Sheet outside the Main Menu
  • Fixed Loot Containers not showing all items if there were more than 15 items inside them
  • Fixed a Game Over screen wrongly triggering when killing the last non-charmed creature in a fight where the party charmed an enemy
  • Fixed Kindred Spirit not correctly using the Druid's stats when summoned while in Wild Shape
  • Fixed a softlock that would occur when trying to resurrect an ally with a Barbarian holding the crown while raging. Barbarians can now use magic items while raging, just don't ask them to use a spell scroll unless you want it shoved in your mouth.
  • Fixed Druid Wild Shape UI showing incorrect HP value if the enemy monster HP scale isn't 100% in the difficulty settings
  • Creatures charmed by Animal Friendship now disappear at the end of the battle (like Charm Person)
  • Staff of Healing is now usable by druids and is a universal focus
  • Fixed Hide Armor +1 and Studded Leather +1 not displaying their proper title once identified
  • Fixed Wild Shape Badlands Eagles not having 2 attacks per round
  • Fixed Druids losing their buffs / Kindred Spirit if their Wild Shape goes down to 0 HP
  • Fixed Aid not working properly with Wild Shape
  • Fixed being able to use the major Gate to teleport to Caer Cyflen in the middle of the fight with Mardracht
  • Fixed Pilgrim's & Zealot DoT not lasting the correct duration
  • Fixed Counterspell Reaction pop-up sometimes not displaying the correct spell slots remaining
  • Fixed Guiding Winds not being applied when attacking an enemy with a spell attack
  • Fixed Acolyte, Veteran, Highwayman & Guard not being targetable by Heat Metal
  • Fixed "Stop Rage" being displayed in the combat log as ActioneStopTitle (lol typo)
  • Fixed creatures not being damaged by Spirit Guardians if they entered the AoE with a charge (as opposed to moving normally into the AoE)
  • Fixed a falling column in Monastery not pushing the PCs aside when it fell, effectively blocking them forever.
  • Added feedback in the combat log when Kindred Druids use Share Pain
  • Fixed Stone Resilience temporary HP not being removed when Stone Barbarians stop raging
  • Fixed Drained status (lower maximum health) being transferred to the animal form when using Wild Shape
  • Fixed Wall of Thorns dealing piercing damage instead of slashing damage when moving inside it
  • Fixed a rare instance where the mouse cursor could disappear when an error pop-up appeared, making it seem like the game froze
  • Fixed Dimension Doors destination visual feedback being restricted by Line of Sight
  • Druids, Sorcerers, Wizards & Clerics now start the game with a spell focus equipped
  • Fixed Charm enemies not dropping loot at the end of the fight, potentially preventing quest items from dropping
  • Fixed a rare issue where characters could lose their animations if a cutscene started while they jumped (how does that even happen)
  • Fixed Minotaurs' successful charge pausing the fight for several seconds.
  • Fixed Carried by the Winds still triggering when the Wind Druid's spell is counterspelled
  • Fixed Scroll Scribing not displaying the correct information
  • Fixed Bracers of Defense being sold for dirt cheap
  • Fixed dying enemies vanishing before their death animation played out completely
  • Fixed Savage Attacks not using the correct weapon dice when using versatile weapons two-handed
  • Fixed Heat Metal VFX not appearing when re-applying the effect on subsequent rounds
  • Fixed portrait not being updated when deleting and recreating a character with the same name but different face
  • Fixed Reckless Attack giving Barbarians advantage until the start of their next turn instead of the end of their current turn
  • Fixed items being too large when held in hand in the inventory viewer (those are some MASSIVE candles)
  • Fixed Twinned Guiding Bolt & Levitate being interrupted on both targets when one dies
  • Fixed traps being triggered by proxy spells (like Sunlight or Fog Cloud)
  • Fixed Rage damage being added when attacking using DEX with a finesse weapon
  • Fixed Unarmored Defense stacking with Mage Armor
  • Fixed Flame Blade not using WIS as spellcasting ability for attack rolls when cast by druids
  • Fixed Spell Focus not properly displaying their type (Arcane / Divine / Druidic)
  • Component Belt, Component Pouch, Component Bracers are now Universal Spell Focus (can be used by any class)
  • Fixed Druids playing their idle animation instead of combat animation if entering a fight in animal form and reverting to human form while in combat
  • Added sound when dropping items on the ground
  • Fixed a sequence break in the Wanderer Background Quest that could prevent the player from triggering the final fight
  • Fixed a rare instance where Druids would be stuck in the ground in animal form after loading a save (what the...?)
  • Fixed certain monster AIs not properly taking into account their movement range when deciding on an action

• Dungeon Maker: Fixed ContentType sometimes disappearing from the .json file
  • Dungeon Maker: Fixed some doors not being compatible with Activators in Town Interior environment
  • Dungeon Maker: Fixed shadows flickering rapidly under certain conditions in Town Exterior environment
  • Dungeon Maker: Fixed the Merchant icon behaving strangely when a combat triggers nearby
  • Dungeon Maker: Fixed Entry Activators activating right as the player finished loading, even if they didn't click continue
  • Dungeon Maker: Fixed the "Y-shaped Wooden Beam" not being correctly restricted to walls

If you're running into bugs or other issues, please make sure to read our Help Thread to help us find them and squish 'em for good! You can also drop by our Discord server to ask other players for help :D

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
is because the AI is retarded and keeps wakling or the spell is bugged?
The spells seems to be working correctly, but enemies are willing to mindlessly walk through it to reach your party. And, since the damage is per step taken and the area is fairly large, you get insane damage numbers.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The spells seems to be working correctly, but enemies are willing to mindlessly walk through it to reach your party. And, since the damage is per step taken and the area is fairly large, you get insane damage numbers.

To be fair, that's the case in pretty much all games that feature the spell - Wrath, BG3 etc have the same problem. None of these games seem to have AIs that can evade ground effects.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After I buy the DLC, should I go Wiz/Barb/Barb/Druid or Wiz/Barb/Druid/Druid? I wanna play as a Wuz despite it being 5e and test the new classes.

Finally a playable 5e game.

Do you prefer which Barbarian sublcass? Path of the Berserker, Path of the Magebane or Path of the Stone?

Elex

Arbiter
you can have a tank barbarian and a damage dealer barbarian but... is not really needed, so more caster give more versatily and power.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

To be fair, that's the case in pretty much all games that feature the spell - Wrath, BG3 etc have the same problem. None of these games seem to have AIs that can evade ground effects.

You also sometimes get AI that goes the opposite way, they're so scared of minor hazards that you can easily keep them out of the fight and destroy them at range.

Seems to be something RPG devs are generally bad at, though exceptions do exist.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
After I buy the DLC, should I go Wiz/Barb/Barb/Druid or Wiz/Barb/Druid/Druid? I wanna play as a Wuz despite it being 5e and test the new classes.
I'm playing with a Barbarian/Rogue/Druid/Sorcerer group right now and I'm having a blast. A Ranger or Paladin would probably be better than the Rogue due to the Sorcerer's ability to use Haste on two characters at a time, but then I wouldn't have a way to identify magic items. Wizards are definitely better than Sorcerers (especially due to how broken Shock Arcanist is), but I'm having a lot of fun casting Twinned Guiding Bolt and Heightened Hypnotic Pattern.

The new Druid spells are fun, but the available subclasses aren't interesting enough to justify having two of them in your party. Circle of Kindred Spirit is very underwhelming: its only feature is the animal companion, which isn't able to deal that much damage and isn't even too good as a "tank", since its HP and AC will always be very low. The last ability can be interesting (it allows you to split all the damage you take with your companion), but I can't really plan a character with level 10 in mind. Circle of the Land gives you more spells, which is obviously good but, still, it's just more spells. I haven't really paid attention to Circle of Winds, but now I think I underestimated it: being able to give advantage to all ST to the entire party can be useful in many encounters (still, I would probably rate it higher in PnP than in Solasta, where you rarely face dangerous attacks with saves), and the last ability really helps a Rogue.

Two Barbarians in the same party would also be a bit boring (don't @ me, ERYFKRAD). Two of the three subclasses are interesting (Path of Stone makes for a very tanky character, Path of the Berserker gives you an additional attack), but their gameplay would still be too samey. I can't really evaluate the third subclass, since I don't know how many monsters count as having "spellcasting abilities". If they followed the standard 5E definition, then it wouldn't apply very often.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It's not too bad. Space Hulk Tactics has an AI that manages to kill itself repeatedly with a flamethrower...

Compared to Trials of Fire, I think the main issue with Solasta is that combat becomes really easy after the first part.
Did they address it, or is the last encounter the only one to have been rebalanced?

Last edited:

CodexTotalWar

Learned
I'm playing with a Barbarian/Rogue/Druid/Sorcerer group right now and I'm having a blast. A Ranger or Paladin would probably be better than the Rogue due to the Sorcerer's ability to use Haste on two characters at a time, but then I wouldn't have a way to identify magic items.

It's been a while since I've played Solasta - but are you able to use the Haste-Trick with Rogues to get up to 2 sneak attacks a round in this game?

I.e. once you're hasted, use your Hasted Action for 1 chance to sneak attack. And then use your normal action to Ready an attack outside of your turn. Since the readied attack lands outside of your turn, you should be able to sneak attack again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom