Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
After I buy the DLC, should I go Wiz/Barb/Barb/Druid or Wiz/Barb/Druid/Druid? I wanna play as a Wuz despite it being 5e and test the new classes.

Like others have said, it may not be worthwhile doubling up on classes. I was making "team nature" with Barb/Ranger/Druid/Sorc, but a Greenmage Wizard would fit there too instead of the Sorc if you were interested in doing such a thing and/or have already played with the Sorcerer.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm playing with a Barbarian/Rogue/Druid/Sorcerer group right now and I'm having a blast. A Ranger or Paladin would probably be better than the Rogue due to the Sorcerer's ability to use Haste on two characters at a time, but then I wouldn't have a way to identify magic items.

It's been a while since I've played Solasta - but are you able to use the Haste-Trick with Rogues to get up to 2 sneak attacks a round in this game?

I.e. once you're hasted, use your Hasted Action for 1 chance to sneak attack. And then use your normal action to Ready an attack outside of your turn. Since the readied attack lands outside of your turn, you should be able to sneak attack again.
I haven't found a way to do it: the game forces you to use your actions in order (first the standard one and then the one you get from Haste), and as soon as you use the Ready Action your turn ends. With a melee rogue, you can still sneak attack on your turn with a bonus action and use your main action to ready an attack. However, since you can only ready an attack against the first enemy who moves into your range (and not against an enemy who attacks you), this isn't really useful most of the times.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Other question. Did they improved the late stages OC? TBH I found the game lackluster near the end and if they are increasing the lv cap to 12, I wanna see alterations in the encounter design of the end game.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
There is no hedgehog wild shape in the game but, you know, I GOTTA GO FAST:

Screenshot-78.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
RE playing as W/D/D/B and honestly, wish that I had played as W/D/B/B. And yes, I'm using the 50% enemy hp and 200% damage taken custom difficulty, essentially doubting the lethality for me and for the enemies. That makes the game better. Barely reached lv 5 and a giant axe swing can if he rolls high drop my wizard to the ground in a single attack. Still don't like healing via short rest and that as a Wizard, I cast like a sorc. But I'm glad that Solasta allow custom difficulty. That makes everything more interesting.

Can't wait to get tier 6 spells and see how much 5e destroyed then. And see their implementation in game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, I did a quest and now I must return to "a quest board". But where? IDK. I tried to walk the entire city multiple times and no clue about where is the quest board.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
The origin quest for the Wanderer background is better than all the other origin quests put together. You get to delve into a short dungeon with multiple encounters and a couple of puzzles which, like all the other puzzles in the game, are there more to give you the sense of adventuring than to test the player. Even if all the enemies are recycled, the fights are better than what you generally find in the rest of the game, especially if you don't go in overleveled (which, I admit, is almost impossible). The crazy thing about it is that two of the encounters finally use this damn verticality gimmick in a somewhat interesting way, putting you in a situation where it actually matters. It really makes me wonder why they didn't use it like this in the entire rest of the game, relegating it to a nuisance you have to deal with during exploration.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The origin quest for the Wanderer background is better than all the other origin quests put together. You get to delve into a short dungeon with multiple encounters and a couple of puzzles which, like all the other puzzles in the game, are there more to give you the sense of adventuring than to test the player. Even if all the enemies are recycled, the fights are better than what you generally find in the rest of the game, especially if you don't go in overleveled (which, I admit, is almost impossible). The crazy thing about it is that two of the encounters finally use this damn verticality gimmick in a somewhat interesting way, putting you in a situation where it actually matters. It really makes me wonder why they didn't use it like this in the entire rest of the game, relegating it to a nuisance you have to deal with during exploration.

I'd wager it's for the same reason expansions and DLCs are often better than base games. A more experienced development team who now know how to use their toolkit to its fullest extent.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dan. Chain Lightning is complete trash for a 6th level spell. Heightening cone of cold is way better. And end game of solasta still very lackluster. After the volcano.

I wasn't expecting Chain Lightning like WoTR but in Solasta is just awful.

sZL49QJ.png

And Disintegrate is very lackluster too. I liked solasta, but honestly some spells fells worse than NWN2 without spell fixes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/3381977

Solasta Sourcebooks fresh off the press!

Hey there folks,

Winter is fast approaching, so we hope you're all taking good care of yourself and staying warm. Although we aren't as active keeping you active with the latest Dev Update every two weeks, we've nonetheless been hard at work on things we'll hopefully soon be able to share with you. That said, this is not why we're writing this news today...

dd956fa23f2871beef713d67cdeb6a81_original.png

We're here to deliver you a heavy dose of fluff! Amongst other things...

Last chance to update your address!
For those of you who are expecting the Solasta Sourcebook or Adventure Box as a Kickstarter Backer. Have you moved? If so, make sure you send us your new address at contact@tactical-adventures.com (with your name) before December 19th at the latest! After that, the shipping will be completely locked - and the rewards will be sent to the address you put on CrowdOx.

Quick peek at the Solasta Sourcebook
The Solasta Sourcebook is finally done! And by done I don't mean just the design - I mean all the copies have been printed and are now ready to be shipped. As a reminder, we're hoping that shipping will be complete around late January / February, but due to the global pandemic situation there's a high risk that delays may occur (for instance we've already been warned that ships being stuck waiting for refueling at port is a fairly common issue).

But enough doom and gloom, we'll keep you updated with the latest information we receive if ever it comes to that. In the meantime, feast your eyes upon this! (And no sorry, although we'd love to we are still unable to sell those as stand-alone - those Rulebooks are Kickstarter exclusives)

ab6336d076035f9d75a9599f08125ccf_original.jpg
ea7494350c50a59f7a3144c0e5a90055_original.jpg
c1eb5680653dc1b341f61f275235e191_original.jpg
61721572d44e96e1ab304050ed00b67b_original.jpg
315ef926902400a912ebf58ff7a8d1fc_original.jpg
21faa9e99a1c6702b174be25fc20f4b3_original.jpg
a85a247582c281caaf84bf575375b594_original.jpg

Alright folks, this is the end for today! Make sure you send us a mail with your name & new address if you moved! And as always, check out our Forums and our Discord Server to chat with other players

Article by Tactical Myzzrym

vazha

Arcane
Decided to give it another shot. Level 5 at the moment. One question - do I miss out on the loot if i peacefully negotiate with the baddies? experience is the same. This would have been a retarded question, if the game wasnt on full retard mode itself - I reloaded and beat a previously persuaded baddie and all he dropped after a really hard battle was couple of coins. Who the hell thought that was good design?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Decided to give it another shot. Level 5 at the moment. One question - do I miss out on the loot if i peacefully negotiate with the baddies? experience is the same. This would have been a retarded question, if the game wasnt on full retard mode itself - I reloaded and beat a previously persuaded baddie and all he dropped after a really hard battle was couple of coins. Who the hell thought that was good design?
The best thing to do is peacefully negotiate and then attack anyway. I don't think it works every time, but it certainly works on the vampire chick.

vazha

Arcane
The best thing to do is peacefully negotiate and then attack anyway. I don't think it works every time, but it certainly works on the vampire chick.
Havent reached any vampires yet, but that tactic didnt work on any negotiable baddie so far. I ve got this werewolf man, the tall skeletard, the necroschmancer, and all of them became friendlies after I socialized with them instead of bashing their brains out.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, like I said I don't think it works on everyone. The vampire chick attacks you if you rummage around in her belongings after peacefully resolving the situation. You've almost reached her, so keep that in mind.

Lacrymas

Arcane
He probably means the hermit near the dark castle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom