Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Larianshill

Arbiter
Who?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
When you arrive at the dark castle, take the path to the left of the entrance of the castle. There's a shack with a hermit outside who summons wolves if you attack him. I think one of the bone piles for the ghost dwarf is there, so it's not obscure or anything.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's interesting that specifically these four have stuck around in the collective unconscious.
Is it? Three of them are the first three recruitable companions, and they're also more involved in the story than the rest of them. I guess Grieving Mother is just as involved, but she only comes in during the second half of the game.

Pallegina is there only because she's Josh's pet peeve.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pallegina is there because she's black, lol. I like her as a character, don't get me wrong, but I have a sneaky feeling she's a meme because she's black (and maybe because she was written as black by Sawyer).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pallegina is there because she's black, lol. I like her as a character, don't get me wrong, but I have a sneaky feeling she's a meme because she's black (and maybe because she was written as black by Sawyer).
With "there" I meant on Infi's fourth spot, not in the Codex hivemind's consciousness. Our orange alien never struck me as a blacks-obsessed one

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
With "there" I meant on Infi's fourth spot, not in the Codex hivemind's consciousness. Our orange alien never struck me as a blacks-obsessed one
Dude doesn't strike me as a representative of the hivemind either, but then no one is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess it's a combination of Eder, Aloth and Durance being the original game's first three companions, and Eder, Aloth and Pallegina being the three companions that made it to the sequel. I did consider making a Snow Dwarf Sagani. Don't have the the Primal Calling DLC and there are no Bards/Psionicists/Monks so the other companions would be a problem.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess it's a combination of Eder, Aloth and Durance being the original game's first three companions, and Eder, Aloth and Pallegina being the three companions that made it to the sequel. I did consider making a Snow Dwarf Sagani. Don't have the the Primal Calling DLC and there are no Bards/Psionicists/Monks so the other companions would be a problem.
Why can't you make your own dudes bro?

V_K

Arcane
Chill dude - he can't make barbarians anyway, he doesn't have the DLC.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Chill dude - he can't make barbarians anyway, he doesn't have the DLC.
That's not an excuse.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More DLC on the way: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/3400652

Happy 2022, Community Stream incoming Jan 13th!

Hello everyone!

The Tactical Adventures crew and I wish y'all the best for 2022, may your dice always roll well. We're also going to do a little Dev Stream next week on Thursday January 13th at 9 am PST / 12 pm EST / 6 pm CET with the usual banter about Solasta, game development, fun facts while checking out some Custom Dungeons from the Steam Workshop - it's been too long since we did one of those!

There be hints for the next DLC in this image. Happy hunting.

If you don't want to miss the stream, make sure you follow us on Twitch!

By the way, quick news for our Kickstarter Backers! Both the Sourcebooks and the Adventure Boxes are now being transported from the factories to the EU & US warehouses, where they will be packaged and sent to each of you individually. That said, remember that in the current state of the world this can still take quite a bit of time, so we're hoping that by end of February everyone gets their goodies - but we'll keep you in the loop as soon as we have more information to share.

Alright folks, this is the end for today! See you on Jan 13th for the Dev Stream, and don't hesitate to prepare a few questions for us! Thank you for reading, and don't hesitate to drop by our Forums or our Discord Server.

Article by Tactical Myzzrym

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Multiclassing honestly I don't wanna to see. About Bard and WLK, I think that you are right. Honestly, I played a bit more and the end game seems still booooring. Instead of waves and waves of repetitive enemies, why not give us a large scale boss? Like a Kraken adapted to a lesser level content? Lets hope for a good true final boss.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I'll replay it once every class is released. Had thoughts about it recently, but told myself to wait until the DLCs - and now it's here. But looking at this image, I see neither bard, nor monk hints - only warlock.

why not give us a large scale boss?
There's a dragon, and there's remorhaz. Unfortunately, the remorhaz is a joke, and the beetle encounter before him is significantly more difficult.
Another fight that caused me much grief was the flying vampire - the second fight with the male one, that is.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
I'll replay it once every class is released. Had thoughts about it recently, but told myself to wait until the DLCs - and now it's here. But looking at this image, I see neither bard, nor monk hints - only warlock.

why not give us a large scale boss?
There's a dragon, and there's remorhaz. Unfortunately, the remorhaz is a joke, and the beetle encounter before him is significantly more difficult.
Another fight that caused me much grief was the flying vampire - the second fight with the male one, that is.
Speaking of vampires, what lvl am I supposed to be for the female vamp encounter? That bitchs hella difficult to kill. I tried removing the henchmens first, and succeeded, but too weak to fight her now. Currently lvl 5 and have been steamrolling everything so far. Party - barbie, priest, rogue and a sorc.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Speaking of vampires, what lvl am I supposed to be for the female vamp encounter? That bitchs hella difficult to kill. I tried removing the henchmens first, and succeeded, but too weak to fight her now. Currently lvl 5 and have been steamrolling everything so far. Party - barbie, priest, rogue and a sorc.
Level 5 is normal when you get to her. She is by far the hardest encounter in the game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yeah, keep her in the light. Maybe Guiding Bolt her in the face a few times. I had two paladins and she couldn't withstand all that smite damage. The most problematic thing is the Dark Veil, but you can brute force it if you can get your attack bonus high enough (I could get mine to +12). I think she has resistances to melee damage, so use spells. I think it's much more beneficial to take her out first and then worry about the brood.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom