Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister - 5E OGL turn-based RPG - Primal Calling DLC coming November 4th

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by whydoibother, May 27, 2021.

1. Myzzrym Tactical Adventures Patron Developer

Myzzrym
    Heyo folks!

Just dropping by after the 1.0 launch rush. Clarify a few things, so and so. First of all, thank you to all of you who left us warm wishes, know that we appreciate it! For the others, go f... just kidding, y'all have the right to criticize whatever you want. Even if we don't see eye to eye on some topics, eh that's life, we don't need to agree on everything. That said, let's go!

I did not ban you, I kicked you after warning you first to stop spamming and going off topic (there is a Tabletop channel for that...). Copy/Pasting wikipedia pages is pretty obnoxious on Discord, and you were so heated that you were constantly arguing with everyone about tiny little things. Like I said in the Kick message, feel free to come back after you cool your head. It's all good my man.

Alright I feel like the pronoun thing is very controversial here. First, that choice was already there in the backer build - the only difference between that build and the release build is that we fixed more bugs. As to why we added it, it had always been in our todo list - it simply didn't get added before because we were working on other things, nothing more. There is no grand scheme as to hide things behind the curtain for a big reveal as if we were some BBEG at the end of a campaign.

Now, as for our stance on the matter, it's fairly simple: We believe trans people have as much right to exist as any other person, so we added that option in. It literally doesn't change anything about the game, the story remains the same, the gameplay remains the same, the NPCs behavior don't change, so yea apologies if some of you get triggered by that - you can just choose to ignore it. The issue has never been a political one here (we're not americans), and it's not like we force you to use the "They" pronoun.

Anyway, if that doesn't align with your vision of the world eh that's cool too - like I said, we don't need to agree on everything. I'm not here to try to convince you, just giving you our side of the coin. I'm sure there are enough games out there for you to enjoy.

Lol good one, that made me laugh x) We don't need to do diversity hires, in the 17 of us here are pretty diverse already! You can find a picture of the team on the website. If anything I'm sure we'd love more programmers :p

Man that's some top tier writing, 10/10 would get roasted again by Generic Giant Spider. But c'mon leave the cats out of it:argh:

You know what? You're right, that'd have been better. Not much to add here.

-------------

Anyway, now that the game is out I'll drop by a bit more frequently like I did a year ago. And like I said we don't have to agree to chat here, it's cool - that's you folks' turf, not mine.

Cheers folks, Myzzrym out

• Brofist x 27
    • Friendly x 4
    • cuck x 4
    • retadred x 3
    • incline x 2
    • Salute x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Larianshill Scholar

Larianshill
    Fix sneak attacks.

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Beards on MY machine.

^ Top  
  4. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    BARBARIAN CLASS WHEN

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. TemplarGR Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

TemplarGR
    Barbarians suck. This game is never gonna be worth to play until it has Druid class.

• No x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Myzzrym Tactical Adventures Patron Developer

Myzzrym
    OVER MY DEAD BODY.

• Funny x 8
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. PrettyDeadman Victim of C*dex *dministr*tion Patron

PrettyDeadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    1) Add multiclassing

2) fix beard
    3) convert to mythras or assh rpg system.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. LabRat Educated

LabRat
    I would like to see some new cantrip for melee combat, such as Booming Blade or Green-Flame Blade. It can be good for Spellblade or Shadowcaster.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    That can be arranged.

• Funny x 4
    • Salute x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. whydoibother Magister

whydoibother
    I haven't had that issue yet, is it maybe something to do with settings?

^ Top  
  11. Gandalf Learned

Gandalf
    I'm surprised that this is out. Is the game finished?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • No No x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. whydoibother Magister

whydoibother
    The implementation of the tabletop rules is finished, the combat engine is finished, the short and sparse on story campaign is finished.
    The UI still feels unfinished, even though I know otherwise. Many classes missing, some abilities missing, the campaign editor is very lean on features as well.

^ Top  
  13. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    No, you still have to roll 4 dudes and make them clear all the encounters.

• Funny x 13
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • Slam dunk! x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. covr Prophet Patron

covr
    Myzzrym - there is something wrong with saving/applying changes to the settings. E.g I have disabled depth of field and it is still on in the game. Enabled moving map using mouse to the screen borders (it is not working), probably some other stuff also.

Are you happy with Steam/GOG sales after the first day?

^ Top  
  15. IHaveHugeNick Arcane

IHaveHugeNick
    So what's the Codex consensus, is this any good? I only saw the trailer and the graphics are as appealing as an old man's penis.

• Yes Yes x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • No No x 3
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    If only Chris Avellone was this bold.

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    You deal with a lot of vampires and undeads on the first half of the game. Why not include a option to become one of then?

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Brickfrog Educated

Brickfrog
    Game is good, thanks man

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Polanski Scholar

Polanski
    Does anyone else feel like there are some dialogue bugs? My Pragmatic/cynical wizard keeps telling jokes, while my dumb vulgar ranger reads Old Timarian, even though they don't know the language.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. jackofshadows Magister

jackofshadows
    You can check 'tutorial' section in the journal.
    This doesn't make any sense to me. Are the game about trans people? Is the game's lore support that in any way? If not, then what the hell is that box doin there unless it represents your political views despite your later claim that it's not?

Other than already infamous pronoun feature I found amusing the neutral voice option. Like, again, how's the game's lore supports that? Because if we forget about all this for a second it looks like common nice high-fantasy setting, maybe I'm missing something here?

Just to be clear: I'm fine with deviant games. Fine with deviant settings if it's coherent enough. I'm a deviant myself tbqh. But. I loathe shoving any political agenda into my cultural products, so fucking tired of it even. And this looks excatly like it, convince me otherwise.

Barring that, the game plays very, very good. If only char models were prettier, it's a fantasy, ffs.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Was willing to play, enjoy, and promote the game, but by having your say, again, and expecting everyone else to shut up you've made it doubly political since there is a name for a polis with that rule: tyranny. Tyrants can't bear to hear anyone else out, but we're not all tyrants here so to sum up why I'm requesting a refund and encouraging everyone else to as well:

(1) By participating in the LARP that anyone with a concern doesn't want trans people to exist you facilitate our dehumanization and all that flows from that. You have very powerful people and corporations on your side who are ruthlessly imposing their will on the populace and a populace rightfully wary of the genocidal - you're the one using that language, not us. Stop defaming us and our people.

(2) If it doesn't change the game it shouldn't be there. That's poor design.

(3) Don't apologize when you don't mean it - if you did you wouldn't insult us with the very next word.

(4) By buying into all this bullshit you're exactly Americans - that's where all this comes from. If you want to defend your own people from American encroachment you're on the wrong side here. Doubly - the "anything political is wrong" bullshit is also from America and designed to lower everyone's guard to anything that follows.

Peace, brother, hope you can learn from this.

• Brofist Brofist x 16
    • retadred retadred x 5
    • Salute Salute x 4
    • sad sad x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Nah i just put me speedhacks to 4x,runs a lot better now,verticality still annoying tho.

Yup,the writing is 6th grade level,the more i play the more laugh me ars off about fucking retarded cringe. The game feels like a prequel to NWN,one of those shitty PS2 rpgs where you have a bunch of empty rooms and static npcs waiting to give their one line and be inactive.....like ultima 9.

^ Top  
  23. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I recommend GoG Wallet Refund so you can support gaming without supporting devs who want to insult you repeatedly.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Well there is plenty of African Americans and strong independent lesbians and shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Or you could just sail the high seas :).

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.