Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yup,the writing is 6th grade level,the more i play the more laugh me ars off about fucking retarded cringe. The game feels like a prequel to NWN,one of those shitty PS2 rpgs where you have a bunch of empty rooms and static npcs waiting to give their one line and be inactive.....like ultima 9.
I can't bring myself to care about the writing when I can crit a giant ogre with my Hunter Ranger for 2d10 + 2d8 + 2d6 + 4 damage instead.

Clarify a few things, so and so.
You didn't clarify the most important thing: WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO CHARACTER MODELS?
They had to scrap all the models and rebuild them from scratch to add the pronoun selection box. They also had to greatly lower the texture quality, because that single "they" requires 11 GB of memory.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
List of Rule Issues that really should be fixed:

Entangle is not available to Rangers
Entangle makes a check every turn and allows a freedom save at random intervalls. Make the spell work like in the actual ruleset, much less headache that way:
Spiritual Weapon should allow an attack the turn you summon it, like in the source material.
Hunters Mark gives extra damages to units who did not cast it randomly.

Also please take the flat +3 to saving throws off the highest difficulty. I will finish your game in this for the challenge, but that slider is just retarded. As AC is not affected it leads to precisely what Meredoth said: On high difficulties you want your casters to be Scorching Ray bots, since forcing saves is a waste of time with +15% success chance for all enemies. It also makes offensive saving throw cantrips fucking useless.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Spiritual Weapon should allow an attack the turn you summon it, like in the source material.
They already addressed this somewhere. Basically it would require them to add a non-trivial exception to the entire spell system and they feel it's not worth it for a single spell (that is still worth using even after this involuntary nerf, IMHO).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I recommend GoG Wallet Refund so you can support gaming without supporting devs who want to insult you repeatedly.
Or you could just sail the high seas :).

Why would I pirate it?

I don’t play games with loyalty oaths, especially loyalty oaths to evil empires bent on destroying historical cultures and peoples, mutilating children for pride and profit, and defaming anyone who stands in their way with genocidally-loaded language.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
They already addressed this somewhere. Basically it would require them to add a non-trivial exception to the entire spell system and they feel it's not worth it for a single spell (that is still worth using even after this involuntary nerf, IMHO).

But Expeditious Retreat has this exception already. You cast it, and you get a special sprint button you can immediatly use in the same turn. Why the hell isn't Spiritual Weapon handled the same way?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
But Expeditious Retreat has this exception already. You cast it, and you get a special sprint button you can immediatly use in the same turn. Why the hell isn't Spiritual Weapon handled the same way?
I can only try to guess, but maybe Expeditious Retreat somehow relies on the system already in place to handle the Rogue's Cunning Action. Or maybe they just implemented the Dash action in a more flexible way.

Spiritual Weapon probably relies on the system that handles all the various spells that create a movable object (stuff like Dancing Lights and Flaming Sphere), and maybe they didn't realize soon enough they needed a way to let those objects attack in the round they appear.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also please take the flat +3 to saving throws off the highest difficulty. I will finish your game in this for the challenge, but that slider is just retarded. As AC is not affected it leads to precisely what Meredoth said: On high difficulties you want your casters to be Scorching Ray bots, since forcing saves is a waste of time with +15% success chance for all enemies. It also makes offensive saving throw cantrips fucking useless.
Just remove it in the options?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Title evokes the setting and ultimate purpose. Myzzrym defense is that the loyalty oath evokes nothing, which is the point.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Such a charming game. Having too much fun watching my little dungeon gang talking and just acting silly. And the combat is just top notch.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Such a charming game. Having too much fun watching my little dungeon gang talking and just acting silly. And the combat is just top notch.
My Lilura won't stop hitting on my Ontopoly every time he succeeds an Athletics check, and then she taunts him every time he goes unconscious. Finally a game that does romances right.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My Lilura won't stop hitting on my Ontopoly every time he succeeds an Athletics check, and then she taunts him every time he goes unconscious. Finally a game that does romances right.
If anything,the team banter is really good.

So goys do u create party from start? or pick up NPCS?

What is pary size? Can the full party be filled with custom chars. or is it custom chars+recruitable NPCs combination?

If finesse wielding/dodge tank builds imba lulz broken like in Kangmaker? OR is it shield/heavy armor fighter the way to go for tank?

How important are the skills in getting content etc.

Does ranger suck ass? or is the animal companion more powerful than half your party early game?

Is there a casterish nuker with sustainability like warlock/kineticist?

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

What is pary size? Can the full party be filled with custom chars. or is it custom chars+recruitable NPCs combination?

If finesse wielding/dodge tank builds imba lulz broken like in Kangmaker? OR is it shield/heavy armor fighter?

Does ranger suck ass? or is the animal companion more powerful than half your party early game?

it is full party creation from the start,four people is the max

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
If finesse wielding/dodge tank builds imba lulz broken like in Kangmaker? OR is it shield/heavy armor fighter the way to go for tank?

Rapier+Shield Finesse fighter is slightly inferior to normal Longsword + Shield fighter, but a viable alternative. You trade usually around 1 AC vs the ability to use Longbows really efficiently and better dex saves. Fighter Archer specced into the longbow is really good.

Feels satisfying, I am getting extra loot and slightly better results here and there from rolling. Nothing major, as the most important thing you get from skills (access to all crafting types) can just be enabled in the difficulty selector if you fuck up. Just remember to have thief's tools proficiency on at least 1 hero.

Is ok, slightly worse fighter. No companion, if you compare Ranger to Fighter Archer it comes down to minutiae, you trade spellcasting and some fun ranger abilties against the very strong action surge (double turn)

Nah, more complex casters are not in yet. Only standard Wizard and Cleric.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

That simulates inter-party banter in pen and paper D&D pretty well.

In my IRL group, my fighter is always ridiculed by our elven sorceress who thinks he's an incompetent brute. Meanwhile my fighter thinks she's an arrogant cunt.
As the luck of the dice would have it, whenever she's watching me fight I roll badly and then she scoffs "Of course that idiot failed again."
But whenever she's not looking I get a crit, great cleave, another crit, another cleave, crit again... and save the fucking day. But since she didn't see any of it she's like "Yeah right, he's probably just bragging, don't encourage him."

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Party size is 4 and there are no recruitable NPCs, you create your entire party. There are 6 pre-generated characters (one for each class) you can choose at the start, but creating a character is so simple and straightforward that you can ignore them altogether.

The AC you get from magic heavy armor and shield is hard to reach with a DEX-based character. You can still get a high-survivability DEX character with a Shadowcaster Rogue or an Eldritch Knight Fighter, but you have to rely on spells like Blur and Shield.

There's no animal companion, and the Ranger is a very good damage dealer. I'm playing with a Paladin (Oath of the Motherland), Wizard (Shock Arcanist), Cleric (Battle Domain), and Ranger (Hunter), and the Ranger probably did more damage than all the other characters combined. But now the Wizard and Cleric got Fireball, so I guess things will change soon.

All casters have high sustainability because you can cast cantrips at will and they do an acceptable job at occupying your turns. The Shock Arcanist is borderline broken, being able to upcast for free your blasts makes no sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom