Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I went with Oblivion on my Cleric this time, it seems cool. Chill Touch is a better cantrip than Sacred Flame because you can't save against it. Too bad I didn't remember that and got them both.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/3202698

Solasta 1.0 Dev Stream now live + Beta Branch Access!

Hello there folks,

We hope you're enjoying the 1.0 release of Solasta: Crown of the Magister! We're already hard at work on the next hotfix patch, although some issues might take a bit longer than the rest.

Solasta 1.0 Dev Stream starting now!

Come and hang out with us as we discuss the game, the journey up until launch and other nerdy things like game development. 10 am EST / 4 pm CEST, see you there! https://twitch.tv/tacticaladventures

Steam Beta Branch available now
1.0 is no reason to stop working on those bugs and fixes, and so we're releasing a beta branch for those of you who want check up the upcoming update on Steam! Just head to your steam library, right click Solasta, open properties, go to the beta tab and put the password SolastaHotfix

This will give you access to the beta branch asmolupdate which we've been working on for some time since the 1.0 certification process. For those who don't know, we stop working on the 1.0 about a week before the actual release to pass various platform certifications, so in the meantime we've been working on additional stuff.

Known Bugs and Workarounds
With the 1.0 release we've unfortunately run into a few annoying bugs, that we'll be working on to fix as soon as we can:
  • The biggest one is the black screen / clouds / crash when starting the campaign due to a missing video codec. Workaround here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1096530/discussions/1/2998794978528957168/?ctp=2
  • If you had mods installed before, your saves may not work anymore! Remember that using mods may cause issues with the game itself.
  • Some people are also running into Unity crashes (small popup with a "!" on top of a Solasta logo). Unfortunately this is due to the engine and not the game itself, but we'll try to see if we can do something about it! Most of them are due to hardware issues (low specs, overheat, overclocking...) so no promises here.
  • Some people are reporting issues with the Return the Sword to Merton quest. We welcome any save file right before the bug so we can investigate in more details!
  • Some beards and hair are not sticking to the characters face! We know about this and we're working on a fix
GOG & Backer Items
Due to the large amount of work needed to maintain several platforms and the fact that the Kickstarter originally only promised a Steam version, creating, testing and maintaining Kickstarter DLCs on multiple platforms was just not viable. As the GOG Backer Key was an additional reward we gave every backer on top of their Steam Key you won't have access to the Backer Items on GOG, only on Steam

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
So, I went to create party and can't decide what last two party members shall I take. First two is wizard (plan to go loremaster, yes, shock arcanist and cool and all, but imo loremaster has more fitting flavor) and rogue (or maybe should I take ranger instead,but know jack shit about types of terrain + not sure if knock for wizard would be available earlier), but last two I was thinking about fighter+pal or cleric+pal or fighter+cleric. I also have no idea what domain to pick. Decisions, Decisions...

V_K

Arcane
should I take ranger instead,but know jack shit about types of terrain
I'm not sure what Natural Explorer actually does, if anything. Probably just easier time finding food on the world map.
There are no arctic or coastal areas in the game, and I'm not sure whether Badlands count as desert. Not sure if any parts of the worldmap count as grasslands either.

Brickfrog

Learned
I took a ranger but just left the favored enemy and terrain to the default settings because 1) the default options were not the top alphabetical choices which makes me think the Dev set it there for a reason and 2) how am I supposed to know if I'm going to be dealing with more undead than aberrations or w.e

Larianshill

Arbiter
5SLROUL.jpg

Orc chieftain is unlit
HE'S RIGHT NEXT TO A FUCKING CAMPFIRE

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
So, I went to create party and can't decide what last two party members shall I take. First two is wizard (plan to go loremaster, yes, shock arcanist and cool and all, but imo loremaster has more fitting flavor) and rogue (or maybe should I take ranger instead,but know jack shit about types of terrain + not sure if knock for wizard would be available earlier), but last two I was thinking about fighter+pal or cleric+pal or fighter+cleric. I also have no idea what domain to pick. Decisions, Decisions...

I would take Cleric + either pal or fighter. That way you can see pretty much all spells which are in the game currently, as cleric has quite a few cool exclusive spells.
Rogue is better for first run than Ranger imo, since the very high skillchecks make all the noncombat stuff and lockicking a nonissue.

Also damn this game can be addicting, played 11 hours since yesterday.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You fucking losers blabbering about pronouns yet here I am, not only suffered through the tragic beard disaster, now there's even casual racism in my party.

THIS IS NOT OKAY.

AIN'T BACKING ANY RPG UNTIL THE DEV DECLARES EQUALITY FOR MY KIND.

681C71B04D331AC1D2809AC1674440B7E53BFE01

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
You fucking losers blabbering about pronouns yet here I am, not only suffered through the tragic beard disaster, now there's even casual racism in my party.

THIS IS NOT OKAY.

DoWI22.png
WOT DID THA SOON TA BE DEAD POINTY EAR JUZ SAY??!!!

V_K

Arcane

THIS IS NOT OKAY.

I don't know why you're so offended. She didn't say "they're like dwarves, but better".

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wondering one thing here, did my first big quest, and got back to town. I had with me a tablet I found and some other stuff and it was said special factions wanted these artefacts. But now when I check my inventory the tablet is gone, and I think some other stuff too. How does this thing work? Is it automatic, do I have to sell them?

V_K

Arcane
But now when I check my inventory the tablet is gone, and I think some other stuff too.
If that's really the case, it must be a bug.
All factions have their contact persons in the city that you trade with. But they will only talk to you after the second main quest.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wondering one thing here, did my first big quest, and got back to town. I had with me a tablet I found and some other stuff and it was said special factions wanted these artefacts. But now when I check my inventory the tablet is gone, and I think some other stuff too. How does this thing work? Is it automatic, do I have to sell them?
Are you sure those items simply aren't in another character's inventory?

To get rid of those items you have to talk to the faction "merchant" and choose which items to give him one by one.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1096530/view/3013450702739462770

Solasta 1.0 Dev Stream now live + Beta Branch Access!
Hello there folks,

We hope you're enjoying the 1.0 release of Solasta: Crown of the Magister! We're already hard at work on the next hotfix patch, although some issues might take a bit longer than the rest.

Solasta 1.0 Dev Stream starting now!

Come and hang out with us as we discuss the game, the journey up until launch and other nerdy things like game development. 10 am EST / 4 pm CEST, see you there! https://twitch.tv/tacticaladventures

Steam Beta Branch available now
1.0 is no reason to stop working on those bugs and fixes, and so we're releasing a beta branch for those of you who want check up the upcoming update on Steam!
Just head to your steam library, right click Solasta, open properties, go to the beta tab and put the password
SolastaHotfix

This will give you access to the beta branch
asmolupdate
which we've been working on for some time since the 1.0 certification process. For those who don't know, we stop working on the 1.0 about a week before the actual release to pass various platform certifications, so in the meantime we've been working on additional stuff.

Known Bugs and Workarounds
With the 1.0 release we've unfortunately run into a few annoying bugs, that we'll be working on to fix as soon as we can:
  • The biggest one is the black screen / clouds / crash when starting the campaign due to a missing video codec.
    Workaround here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1096530/discussions/1/2998794978528957168/?ctp=2
  • If you had mods installed before, your saves may not work anymore!
    Remember that using mods may cause issues with the game itself.
  • Some people are also running into Unity crashes (small popup with a "!" on top of a Solasta logo). Unfortunately this is due to the engine and not the game itself, but we'll try to see if we can do something about it! Most of them are due to hardware issues (low specs, overheat, overclocking...) so no promises here.
  • Some people are reporting issues with the Return the Sword to Merton quest. We've spotted the issue and are working on a fix!
  • Some beards and hair are not sticking to the characters face! We know about this and we're working on a fix

GOG & Backer Items
Due to the large amount of work needed to maintain several platforms and the fact that
the Kickstarter originally only promised a Steam version
, creating, testing and maintaining Kickstarter DLCs on multiple platforms was just not viable. As the GOG Backer Key was an additional reward we gave every backer on top of their Steam Key you won't have access to the Backer Items on GOG, only on Steam

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I'm not sure what Natural Explorer actually does, if anything. Probably just easier time finding food on the world map.
There are no arctic or coastal areas in the game, and I'm not sure whether Badlands count as desert. Not sure if any parts of the worldmap count as grasslands either.

Exactly, in the end I said "fuck this shit" and went rogue.

I would take Cleric + either pal or fighter. That way you can see pretty much all spells which are in the game currently, as cleric has quite a few cool exclusive spells.
Rogue is better for first run than Ranger imo, since the very high skillchecks make all the noncombat stuff and lockicking a nonissue.

Also damn this game can be addicting, played 11 hours since yesterday.
Thank you for advice, I decided to go fighter+cleric.

Now however, I think about choosing domain for cleric and while life domain is no brainer for healer - sun domain sounds nice too, but I am not sure.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also please take the flat +3 to saving throws off the highest difficulty. I will finish your game in this for the challenge, but that slider is just retarded. As AC is not affected it leads to precisely what Meredoth said: On high difficulties you want your casters to be Scorching Ray bots, since forcing saves is a waste of time with +15% success chance for all enemies. It also makes offensive saving throw cantrips fucking useless.

You should 100% pass enemy saves on hardest difficulty.
So makes sence.

Pathfinder had +4 flat bonus to saves, so all is ok. And +to stats (read, more saves since higher stats = higher saves).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But now when I check my inventory the tablet is gone, and I think some other stuff too.
If that's really the case, it must be a bug.
All factions have their contact persons in the city that you trade with. But they will only talk to you after the second main quest.

Aha, okay, I'm on the second quest now. I got a journal and a letter left that I can deliver later then, but the tablet seems to be gone. RIP mystical tablet.

Are you sure those items simply aren't in another character's inventory?

To get rid of those items you have to talk to the faction "merchant" and choose which items to give him one by one.

Apparently I need to do another mission to deliver, but the tablet seems to be gone. I got a letter and a book.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom