Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Now, as for our stance on the matter, it's fairly simple: We believe trans people have as much right to exist as any other person, so we added that option in. It literally doesn't change anything about the game, the story remains the same, the gameplay remains the same, the NPCs behavior don't change, so yea apologies if some of you get triggered by that - you can just choose to ignore it. The issue has never been a political one here (we're not americans), and it's not like we force you to use the "They" pronoun.

Was willing to play, enjoy, and promote the game, but by having your say, again, and expecting everyone else to shut up you've made it doubly political since there is a name for a polis with that rule: tyranny. Tyrants can't bear to hear anyone else out, but we're not all tyrants here so to sum up why I'm requesting a refund and encouraging everyone else to as well:

(1) By participating in the LARP that anyone with a concern doesn't want trans people to exist you facilitate our dehumanization and all that flows from that. You have very powerful people and corporations on your side who are ruthlessly imposing their will on the populace and a populace rightfully wary of the genocidal - you're the one using that language, not us. Stop defaming us and our people.

(2) If it doesn't change the game it shouldn't be there. That's poor design.

(3) Don't apologize when you don't mean it - if you did you wouldn't insult us with the very next word.

(4) By buying into all this bullshit you're exactly Americans - that's where all this comes from. If you want to defend your own people from American encroachment you're on the wrong side here. Doubly - the "anything political is wrong" bullshit is also from America and designed to lower everyone's guard to anything that follows.

Peace, brother, hope you can learn from this.

Stop roleplaying as someone with principles.
I know you have me blocked cause you're a pathetic pussy, but the proof remains public. Solasta is degenerate, yes, but it's nothing like what's coming our way from the new Shitfinder which you helped fund.
Thanks.

image.png

Mud'

Scholar
Stop roleplaying as someone with principles.
I know you have me blocked cause you're a pathetic pussy, but the proof remains public. Solasta is degenerate, yes, but it's nothing like what's coming our way from the new Shitfinder which you helped fund.
Thanks.

image.png

So why is PF: WoR going to be worse than Solasta?

V_K

Arcane
Is the whole game just a linear series of fights with no deviation or exploration?
It's fair to say that exploration and non-linearity weren't terribly high on the developers' priority list, yes. However there are side quests (sometimes with their own maps), optional rooms and alternative paths in dungeons, and hidden loot. There are also two dungeons that can be done in any order, although difficulty-wise it's pretty clear which one was supposed to be done first. The game opens up a bit as you progress in the main quest - though not terribly much.

Mortmal

Arcane
I took a ranger but just left the favored enemy and terrain to the default settings because 1) the default options were not the top alphabetical choices which makes me think the Dev set it there for a reason and 2) how am I supposed to know if I'm going to be dealing with more undead than aberrations or w.e
I can help you with that, first choice should be undead as favored enemy, second elemental or monstrosity. Most of the choices you can pick are not even in the game , should have been edited and labelled as recommnended but no ,pronouns were so much more important....

Brickfrog

Learned
"verticality" sounded like a gimmick when I first heard it but actually seeing wall climbing spiders and flying spellcasters really gives this game a nice d&d "feel" to me.
I took a ranger but just left the favored enemy and terrain to the default settings because 1) the default options were not the top alphabetical choices which makes me think the Dev set it there for a reason and 2) how am I supposed to know if I'm going to be dealing with more undead than aberrations or w.e
I can help you with that, first choice should be undead as favored enemy, second elemental or monstrosity. Most of the choices you can pick are not even in the game , should have been edited and labelled as recommnended but no ,pronouns were so much more important....
Thank you!

Larianshill

Arbiter
Lack of a magic weapon is painful, and these Arcaneum fucks refuse to sell me a primed greatsword

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
"verticality" sounded like a gimmick when I first heard it but actually seeing wall climbing spiders and flying spellcasters really gives this game a nice d&d "feel" to me.

What bugs me about it is it's about verticality except when it isn't.

Giving goblins a high perch to rain arrows down on you? Great.

Letting you climb up the cliff face to avoid the ambush? Lol nope, no verticality for you.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So ugly faces, snowflake pronouns and clipping dwarven beards that teleport around the face besides, the combat and encounters seem pretty good so far.

I'm not usually a fan of 5e rules, but they've done a decent job.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The overwatch system in the game, can't remember what it's called in game now, is that exclusive to 5 edition rules or are that in 3rd as well? I really like it, setting up ambushes with bowmen.

Acrux

Arcane
Readied actions are in 3.5, but in most situations they aren't as useful as acting on your turn.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Such a charming game. Having too much fun watching my little dungeon gang talking and just acting silly. And the combat is just top notch.
My Lilura won't stop hitting on my Ontopoly every time he succeeds an Athletics check, and then she taunts him every time he goes unconscious. Finally a game that does romances right.

That simulates inter-party banter in pen and paper D&D pretty well.

In my IRL group, my fighter is always ridiculed by our elven sorceress who thinks he's an incompetent brute. Meanwhile my fighter thinks she's an arrogant cunt.
As the luck of the dice would have it, whenever she's watching me fight I roll badly and then she scoffs "Of course that idiot failed again."
But whenever she's not looking I get a crit, great cleave, another crit, another cleave, crit again... and save the fucking day. But since she didn't see any of it she's like "Yeah right, he's probably just bragging, don't encourage him."
Similar here,but reversed. Our sorcerer hits only 20s on running away dices,while never managing to hist anything with magic. Tho in his defence he rolled a the worst dies i have seen on stat rolls lol. His highest stat is like 11 :lol:. While me rogue is just critting a dragons to death.:positive:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Reached a "volcano" and managed to persuade orcs using the orcish language. Pure incline. Is very rare to see a game using languages. Also, reached lv 9. The tier 5 spells in the game bellow. I criticized nerfs that 5E did with some spells but honestly, loved the risk of losing control over your own elementals. Sadly, you have the option to conjure fire, earth and air elementals but not water elementals... Air elementals have fly and can be quite useful vs enemies with high ground.

C8wP2il.png

Mortmal

Arcane
Reached a "volcano" and managed to persuade orcs using the orcish language. Pure incline. Is very rare to see a game using languages. Also, reached lv 9. The tier 5 spells in the game bellow. I criticized nerfs that 5E did with some spells but honestly, loved the risk of losing control over your own elementals. Sadly, you have the option to conjure fire, earth and air elementals but not water elementals... Air elementals have fly and can be quite useful vs enemies with high ground.

C8wP2il.png

Ah no, this is not from 5e, its solasta homebrew , the elemental is not supposed to turn hostile after losing concentration, its a big nerf to summon spells, however elementals might be stronger in this game.

Tasha's cauldron of everything added many summon types, none of them turn hostile when losing concentration:
"You call forth an elemental spirit. It manifests in anunoccupied space that you can see within range.This corporeal form uses the Elemental Spirit statblock. When you cast the spell, choose an element:Air, Earth, Fire, or Water. The creature resembles
a bipedal form wreathed in the chosen element,which determines certain traits in its stat block. The creature disappears when it drops to 0 hit points or when the spell ends.The creature is an ally to you and your compan-ions. In combat, the creature shares your initiativecount, but it takes its turn immediately after yours.It obeys your verbal commands (no action required)"

jackofshadows

Magister
The overwatch system in the game, can't remember what it's called in game now, is that exclusive to 5 edition rules or are that in 3rd as well? I really like it, setting up ambushes with bowmen.
18672.jpg

I bet you do...

Yeah, it's fun, on par with other reactions, very well implemented.

Unrelated: loled at rune "puzzle": player, behold! It's a rune puzzle! Step on some runes in an arbitrary manner! ... What a great fucking puzzle.

EDIT, another unrelated: wait a second, I cannot U-turn on the global map?! WTF?

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Readied actions are in 3.5, but in most situations they aren't as useful as acting on your turn.

I find they are rarely worth it in 3.5/PF. That said, if you ready an action against an opponent with super high initiative, you take their initiative so will go first on future turns.

Sometimes that's worth losing a full round if you wish to act before a dangerous opponent on future rounds.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It's interesting that they have included language rules. Last game I remember language having any effect was Daggerfall.

For me is Gothic 2 + Returning mod. To read ancient tablets, you need to learn the ancient language. To read some grimoires like the necronomicon, you need to known demoniac language, to do some quests in Orcs city, you need to learn how to speak in Orchish.

But I love how persuading Orcs on ORcish has much higher success rate than in non orchish language...

Can bards fuck dragons?

No coomer class(Bard), nor seduction.

Ah no, this is not from 5e, its solasta homebrew , the elemental is not supposed to turn hostile after losing concentration, its a big nerf to summon spells, however elementals might be stronger in this game.

And they are quite powerful. IMO summoning outsiders should be more dangerous on CRPG's. I have flawless concentration and many people said that feats are worthless on solasta, but flawless concentration is amazing.

GHBISXm.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom