Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister - 5E OGL turn-based RPG with verticality and dynamic environments

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by whydoibother, May 27, 2021.

1. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    For me is Gothic 2 + Returning mod. To read ancient tablets, you need to learn the ancient language. To read some grimoires like the necronomicon, you need to known demoniac language, to do some quests in Orcs city, you need to learn how to speak in Orchish.

But I love how persuading Orcs on ORcish has much higher success rate than in non orchish language...

No coomer class(Bard), nor seduction.

And they are quite powerful. IMO summoning outsiders should be more dangerous on CRPG's. I have flawless concentration and many people said that feats are worthless on solasta, but flawless concentration is amazing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Thac0 JRPG ambassador Patron

Thac0
    Life is rock solid, not only because of healing but also because they get heavy armor. Take 15+ STR with them so you can wear plate.
    But honestly most domains look really good, I don't think there are awfull choices there.

^ Top  
  3. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Actually i am wrong its the 5th level version spell so you do lose control on it when losing concentration.So yes keeping a concentration feat is a good idea there , else it could turn out deadly.
    • You call forth an elemental servant. Choose an area of air, earth, fire, or water that fills a 10-foot cube within range. An elemental of challenge rating 5 or lower appropriate to the area you chose appears in an unoccupied space within 10 feet of it. For example, a fire elemental emerges from a bonfire, and an earth elemental rises up from the ground. The elemental disappears when it drops to 0 hit points or when the spell ends. The elemental is friendly to you and your companions for the duration. Roll initiative for the elemental, which has its own turns. It obeys any verbal commands that you issue to it (no action required by you). If you don’t issue any commands to the elemental, it defends itself from hostile creatures but otherwise takes no actions. If your concentration is broken, the elemental doesn’t disappear. Instead, you lose control of the elemental, it becomes hostile toward you and your companions, and it might attack. An uncontrolled elemental can’t be dismissed by you, and it disappears 1 hour after you summoned it. The GM has the elemental’s statistics

^ Top  
  4. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    There is piece of text at one point that can only be read if you know a specific language. Nobody in my party understood it, so I had to use the spell Tongues, in order to read it. Not too shabby. Wish more games did this.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Larianshill Scholar

Larianshill
    Replaying the second gem story, I'm still liking

Show Spoiler
    Kythaela very much. It's a shame she dies within the arc, because I liked her more than any RPG companion in the span of the last 5 years.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    I can get over how ugly is,but i can't get over how impractical is when it looks that fucking utilitarian. I already am having a list of daft things with it,like not being able to right click to disregard action. I am kind of looking forward to writing a fast review once i finish it :).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Brickfrog Novice

Brickfrog
    Having to click a big ass abort button instead of right clicking is pretty funny lol

^ Top  
  8. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    That is also pretty shit,i am the undead castle,so i just got around and talked with everyone and everyone muh ok go along,no fighthu. And i am all what ?! Can even force attack them for the lootz. Pure decline.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    I cant get over how bad the faces are. Everyone looks like an Oblivion character except sleepy.

upload_2021-5-28_23-52-40.png

Did these fucks have no QA at all?

upload_2021-5-28_23-58-21.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    That light bug is really annoying. Had to change the hit chance to max for this fight because of how buggy this shit is. In the center is the sun light spell,also that bitch aksha have 15ish hp regen in the darkness,but because the game is bugged she have it even in the light and still counts as unlit. And no,am not talking about her dark shit on the left,i kited hit out of it and in to the light. It is a shame that this one is the only one you could agro in to a fight,the other two ignore you and the boss just disappeared. Must be pretty funny when the scavengers show up and begin to take the place apart and all the bosses are just there looking them lol.
    [​IMG]

• How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Bara Magister

Bara
    If whats in this game is equivlent to that wouldn't Pathfinder fall into that category then? Maybe you feel fine about Owlcat but by buying, playing, and talking about those games you are still supporting Paizo.

^ Top  
  12. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    It's highly likely that you missed the message when she casts a spell and/or ability called Veil of Darkness, which enables her to take the full benefits of darkness even if you cast daylight.

What I find more interesting is to know how you cast such a high level spell so early in the game.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Daidre Arcane

Daidre
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It is all about sneaking in pronoun shit into release version only.

And shit like this

[​IMG]

I would have never gave my pity money to game in EA that I had never intended to play pre-release, if I'd knew that devs will go on tirade defending people who brainwash and mutilate children and will ban everyone on forum who'd try to disagree.

And now I can't even refund it.

• Brofist x 13
    • butthurt x 4
    • Rage x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper
    Playing it and actually looks fun.

First part looks linear, but there are side quests off main path (goblin lair) and plenty of chests hidden if you look for them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. hellbent Augur

hellbent
    Looking forward to playing this once I bring out my Win 10 rig this weekend. Game won't run past character creation on my Win 7 system, sadly. Checked GOG and Steam forums for anyone having same issue and was greeted by a wall of decline.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    :deathclaw:
    Nigga did you read me post or see the picture??? She did cast it,it is in the upper left corner. I already wrote that i kited her out of the darkens area and led her under the sunned area that doesn't have vail of darkness. It is just bugged lol. A lot of times i see unlid enemy next to a light source.

Also lol level 5/6 is not that high,i just did all the quests and ended up there.

First dungeon is really bad,later on are more fun. Just finished the undead one and had a good time,this a lot of daft shit in it tho,like diplomacy and no force attack.

^ Top  
  17. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Veil of Darkness is something that moves with her, as far as I can tell, but if you're right and it is a bug, then my apologies.

^ Top  
  18. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "then my apologies."

FAKE. CODEXER. DETECTED.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • nice nice x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth
    I defeated a dragon at lv 8. Is this normal on 5e? And the fight before the green dragon was much harder than the dragon itself TBH

^ Top  
  20. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Yeap, the classic puzzle of testing whether you have eyeballs in your face. I complained about that during the EA as well.

The encounters are too easy even with max AI without enemies receiving bonuses (yes, even the encounters in the beginning). 90% of the enemies can only attack, but the AC values of the party are so high that hitting them happens once in a blue moon. Encounters need more spellcasters too.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    I did this fight today and it worked fine. Fine as in "nothing was bugged" not "she isn't a complete piece of shit". She has way too many ways to heal herself: the passive at the end of each round, the bite as a normal attack, and the bite as a legendary action. And it's impossible to keep her in the light, because she constantly spams that dumb darkness thing. I think the fight would be fine if only she could use that dark shit only once per encounter.

If you complete all the side quests and fight everyone, you should reach level 5 just before entering that castle.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Tomas Literate Patron

Tomas
    Strap Yourselves In
    So far gg bought the game last night and played for couple hours. Character creation is good, as well as the initial tutorial sequence - some interesting mechanics. Amusing dialogues too: shopkeeper trying to sell gear to level 1 noobs setting out lol

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    Random tip (that I may have already shared ITT long ago; also, I am avoiding this thread like the plague for now):

If you want the ability to move the camera with your mouse by moving the cursor to the edges of the screen, you have to do TWO things:

1) Enable the option "Move Camera With Screen Borders" under Options --> Game

*AND*

2) Enable "Confine Cursor to Window" under Options --> GUI

I hope this helps someone.

Be nice to one another.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • incline incline x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    LoL that writing buahahah,the worst quest i have seen in me life buahahaha.

So the game's hub is pretty much that one place and it have a temple district that is an empty street and small room. Sooo the quest is to find some sword,the drunk in the tavern gives you,you then go trough a load screen to get to the room in the temple district to ask the only npc there about it,he sends to ask the only weapon merchant about in the first area,the merchant sends you to the tavern where the quest giver is and on the table next to him is the npc which is waiting for the buyer who is in the same tavern but on the balcony on the second floor,then he tells you that the sword is next to the dude in the temple district in a chest i had noticed on the map lol,you go trough the loads screens,then you get the sword,have 5 minute fight,then you return the sword to the scav npc.....which gives you reward a lot worst than the sword buahahahaha.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Just amazing

• Funny Funny x 4
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Paizo isn’t Owlcat and OC isn’t directly insulting me to my face while adamantly insisting on verbiage that sets me and my people up for persecution and worse.

I said I’d play the game with the box. Myzzrym thought that meant it was a perfect time for rub-ins so I took my business and support elsewhere.

I hope more do likewise so they’ll finally snap out of it so we can make great games together.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.