Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've got HalfE Pal, HighE Wiz, IslandH Rogue, and SylvanE Ranger. You think I'll miss the Cleric too much?
I know I would miss it, simply because Rangers and Rogues basically are auto-attacker for most of the game. You don't need it to heal your party because between long rests you get a certain number of "free heals" to spend with short rests, but Cleric spells are very powerful and, more importantly, a lot of fun. What I'm trying to say is that the game is perfectly playable without a Cleric, but I wouldn't do that on my first playthrough.

Any must have cantrip for wiz NJClaw?
Not really, I usually go with Dancing Lights (it illuminates any area you want and damages enemies sensible to light), Fire Bolt (your standard attack), and Chill Touch. My favorite cantrip is a Cleric one, Guidance, since that 1d4 really helps with unlocking chests.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
EfOF0iJ.jpg

removed from wishlist

V_K

Arcane
Any must have cantrip for wiz NJClaw?
Not really, I usually go with Dancing Lights (it illuminates any area you want and damages enemies sensible to light)
I would actually call it a must have - just for the sheer glee of having it chase after a light-sensitive boss.
As for damage-dealing cantrips, they have an interesting power curve - they're useful at lvl 1-2, become rather pointless at lvl 3-4, but then at lvl 5 their damage dice are doubled, so they become quite powerful again.

V_K

Arcane
Well, character faces clearly match they/them pronouns.
The thing that weirds me out is that there was a big-ass patch on May 19 that's actually made them look worse. I thought it just did something to characters created in the previous version of the game, but I've just tried to make a new one and they still look a lot uglier than they used to. Myzzrym, what on earth happened?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
lmao keep playing your pozzed trash, faggots

ayo remember when I said to hit me up when good modules come out? nah miss me w/ that shit fam
Said the guy that jerks off to the furry game and prizes communists sjw games. :lol::lol::lol:

"prizes communists sjw games" says the fag who is a huge DE fanboy and goes ape shit when people like me criticized it.. stick your cane up your ass, maybe it will help you finally develop a coherent thought.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The faces and hair look worse than in early access, surprisingly. Same face and hair, first screenshot is in early access -

That is by design. This is typical Woke Fuckery which apparently they've been infected with. Take a fairly attractive character model and make it fugly and grotesque to score woke points and keep the blue haired hamplanets and NuMale soyboys happy. Same ol' same ol... (see Mass Effect Andromeda for the most extreme example of this)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yeah something is clearly fucked up with the character models. It's not like they were great works of european art before, but now they're just even more off. Looks worse than Steam asset flip games. And it does matter since a lot of dialogue is spent panning across your entire party.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I just found out it's on gamepass. It didn't really grab my interest enough for me to purchase it day 1 but since it's free I'll give it a try.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Trans person in a high fantasy world makes no sense.
I hate the fact that I even have to type this, because it's not leading to anywhere constructive, but: a "trans person" would (eventually) be either a male or a female in gender (with the added % of synthetic help, I guess). Adding "they" isn't on the topic of "trans people are still people", it's just trying to be hip with the leftist crowd. It's pandering.

And, ironically, I don't think that particular demographic even cares about this game much. I don't know... as I said, it's not going anywhere constructive. *shrugs*

Other than that particular box, the whole other 99.9% of the game is great.

Larianshill

Arbiter
If it's not referenced even once in the whole game, it shouldn't be in the game at all. Then again, to me pronouns aren't a dealbreaker. I'll still play it.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If it's not referenced even once in the whole game, it shouldn't be in the game at all. Then again, to me pronouns aren't a dealbreaker. I'll still play it.
They thought "oh fuck all these utter imbecile mentally ill retard faggots will trash our game if we don't include this single box in the character creator", so they added it.
Little did they know that multiple utter imbecile mentally ill retard faggots on the Codex will trash the game for including this single box in the character creator.
Codex retards - like trannies, minus the social trendiness (but with twice the martyr complex).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Character models are much better in full release than final early access. Colors still more appropriate for a Star Wars game than something with anthropomorphic races and hair is clipped all over the place.

As for pronouns I’m still playing your game Myzzrym just like I would have played @JarlFrank’s Realms but your militant ignorance is very off-putting and when these child multilators are put behind bars where they belong you’ll rue your Munchausen by Proxy fetish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom