Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Bara

Arcane
It was pretty obvious they we're going to do selectable pronouns when they dropped the term race for ancestries.

If you were okay with that I'm surprised a random checkbox that results in barely a pittance to zero changes bothers some so.

Though perhaps you wern't aware of that change so now you have two non issues to avoid the game over now.;)

Though yeah the word race being a unsavory word now to some bugs me too I'll admit.

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Not playing it and not planning to but I'm watching a stream here and there and boy, the UI is fugly...
Former Endless Legend UI designer works for them, and basically copied the Endless Legend UI. Except EL is a game that mixes fantasy with sci-fi, there's reactors and guns and shit. It fits there. Not for this.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I an playing with a balanced party. After I finish the game, I will gonna play with 4 shock arcanists. Is sad that you see a lot of enemy necromancers, but can't do necromancy by yourself.

TwoEdge

Scholar
I mean, how hard is to fuck up such a basic thing like moving the camera with mouse? After EA no less. WASD only OR I have to press middle mouse button and THEN move the camera with it.

Go into settings>GUI and check 'Confine Cursor to Window'.

Also there's no way of checking which voice does the created character has hence it's very easy to end up with the same voices in party. I'll pretend that my 2 females are sisters or some shit
rating_negativeman.png

Not entirely sure, but I think the voice preview button you get at the end samples your character's personality.

Rolled up my party and played a bit, enjoying it thus far. Biggest complaint is being puzzled by some of the iconography and wishing the spell descriptions were a little more informative, even with alt held. I know the sleep spell is the MLG 360 no scope esports pro gamer choice for low level D&D for all the versions I've played, but it appears it may not be the same way in 5th edition. No biggy, but the description for the spell is "It makes some people sleep sometimes I dunno".

Vague spell descriptions are working out well though because somehow my wizard turned out to be a goddamn bimbo. Not sure what magical combination of personality settings made her that way but my band of murderhobos is all the better for it. Got an ex-guard violent and greedy old man fighter, generic snarky thief, well intentioned but pushover cleric, and then the bimbo wizard that is constantly spouting the stupidest shit at every point she can in dialog and it's cracking me up.

Bara

Arcane
Not playing it and not planning to but I'm watching a stream here and there and boy, the UI is fugly...
Former Endless Legend UI designer works for them, and basically copied the Endless Legend UI. Except EL is a game that mixes fantasy with sci-fi, there's reactors and guns and shit. It fits there. Not for this.

Were any journalists actually usefull and also complained about the UI asthetic in reviews? They didn't listen to players and backers in EA about that one so hey maybe journalists will get them to fix it in the eventual enhance edition

Naraya

Arcane

Oooh, so THAT's why it felt so familiar, yet so out of place. I liked UI in EL, here it just... looks wrong.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
People losing their shit about the choice of pronoun that isn't even referenced once in the whole game. Oh, what else is new.
Sometimes they almost get me with the "it takes away resources that could have been used on other things". I really wonder which part of the game would have greatly benefited from a textbox and three buttons.

This game is too good to focus its discussion on pronouns.

I mean it’s like all the games at once decide to let you put a cross necklace on every toon and you know the reason is because all of a sudden some crazy billionaires got born again.

It’s just ghey and weak especially when they get on their high horse about it. If you want to be trans play the fucking sex you cut off your dick to be! Own that shit, sweetheart!

Here’s the team you’re playing for with that shit:

https://nationalfile.com/texas-abbo...c-that-chemically-castrates-transgender-kids/

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I know the sleep spell is the MLG 360 no scope esports pro gamer choice for low level D&D for all the versions I've played, but it appears it may not be the same way in 5th edition.

Enchantment is worthless on 5E. In fact, every spell school which isn't evocation = trash.

1d4chan wiz said:
"Many advocate that the best way to play a wizard is not the more anime/videogame interpretation of "walking artillery piece", but instead the "Magic Batman" approach. This basically amounts to the wizard dumping attack spells, save for a handful of "save or suck" spells like Disintegrate and Flesh to Stone, and instead focusing on utility spells that allow it to basically outgame the DM. Of course, this is a rather controversial playing style, as it tends to piss off DMs and non-wizard players alike: the former is due to ruining any attempt to run a challenging encounter, and the latter is due to the feeling of redundancy. After all, when you've got a wizard who can go invisible and open any lock with just two spells, what do you need a rogue for? When you can summon demons, elementals and giant monsters, what do you need a fighter for?

This was, in many ways, the reason why 4th and 5th edition made such broad changes to how magic worked in general. Heck, the ability for "Magic Batman" (...)"

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Wizard

In other words, forget spells that do more than throw energy. All of then are trash.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
People losing their shit about the choice of pronoun that isn't even referenced once in the whole game. Oh, what else is new.
Sometimes they almost get me with the "it takes away resources that could have been used on other things". I really wonder which part of the game would have greatly benefited from a textbox and three buttons.

This game is too good to focus its discussion on pronouns.

I mean it’s like all the games at once decide to let you put a cross necklace on every toon and you know the reason is because all of a sudden some crazy billionaires got born again.

It’s just ghey and weak especially when they get on their high horse about it. If you want to be trans play the fucking sex you cut off your dick to be! Own that shit, sweetheart!

Here’s the team you’re playing for with that shit:

https://nationalfile.com/texas-abbo...c-that-chemically-castrates-transgender-kids/

Yeah, not to shit up the discussion any more than necessary but they are signalling support for something truly odious.

Some might say, Evil.

Mud'

Scholar
Shit, i kinda want to play it now but at the same time maybe i should wait a bit and leave it in the oven a little bit more so its end up more polished.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Put this game on maximum difficulty and it will show you why you can save and reload in combat.
Dijos Mijo, this is some bullshit. My level 2 team has to kill an equal amount of 60hp regenerating lizard monsters.
I spent a few hours on the last fight, even with a relatively competent team (point buy)
I hope it gets a bit easier as my levels increase, but I am thoroughly enjoying the pain.

Enchantment is worthless on 5E. In fact, every spell school which isn't evocation = trash.

In other words, forget spells that do more than throw energy. All of then are trash.
You're talking crazy. If you're just taking evocation spells then you're no better than, may Allah forgive me for uttering this, a s*rcerer. It's why I did the sensible thing and specialized her as a loremaster instead of giving her the shocker specialization or whatever it's called.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

You're talking crazy. If you're just taking evocation spells then you're no better than, may Allah forgive me for uttering this, a s*rcerer. It's why I did the sensible thing and specialized her as a loremaster instead of giving her the shocker specialization or whatever it's called.

No. I love to play the "magic batman". I will gonna play KoTC2 as a Green and Dark Wizard and will play PF:WoTR as a conjurerer, necromancer and transmuter. I don't like much spamming scorching ray and fireball but believe on me. This is how wizards works on 5e. And yes, conjuration is trash on 5E too. Cloudkill requires concentration and dones't lower enemy CON nor OHK weaklings anymore.

The faces and hair look worse than in early access, surprisingly. Same face and hair, first screenshot is in early access -

That is by design. This is typical Woke Fuckery which apparently they've been infected with. Take a fairly attractive character model and make it fugly and grotesque to score woke points and keep the blue haired hamplanets and NuMale soyboys happy. Same ol' same ol... (see Mass Effect Andromeda for the most extreme example of this)
I agree they may do this on purpose and its totally bizarre. Why having people look incapable and half retarded and inbred is a good thing, I have no idea, except it makes them feel better about their own inabilities somehow.

Its the exact opposite reason why guys used to play and be attracted to alternative fantastic worlds or to have role models, which was often to be inspired to improve themselves and make the world and perhaps themselves and their surroundings more beautiful and better for taking heroic action. In the past geeks and dorks, and boys in general were never butthurt about looking up to muscular examples of men on the front of comic books, or on the covers of sports magazines like Sports Illustrated, or mens health. These examples of men were and are constantly held up for men.

How pathetic does a person have to be to feel threatened by comic book drawings, and computer images etc? These people are fucking worthless, envious cry babies.

edit: infinitron is such a cuck

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Put this game on maximum difficulty and it will show you why you can save and reload in combat.
Dijos Mijo, this is some bullshit. My level 2 team has to kill an equal amount of 60hp regenerating lizard monsters.
I spent a few hours on the last fight, even with a relatively competent team (point buy)
I hope it gets a bit easier as my levels increase, but I am thoroughly enjoying the pain.
I will never forgive them for having nerfed the encounter with the flying snakes. Seeing a fighter getting one-shotted by a winged sock while an entire storm of them is approaching was glorious.

This is how wizards works on 5e.
I'll keep fighting against that but you may be right, given sleep's initial showing. Still, I'm sure as hell not going to reroll my party. This'll also serve as a good change of pace for when/if I roll up a new party, I'll be able to take paladin and ranger as classes I missed the first time around and by then theoretically they'll have added sorcerers so I can go full-nuker with a caster. Just will have one slot in the wind for a new party.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What is it with 3D DnD games and horrible character models? WHAT?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom