Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is how wizards works on 5e.
I'll keep fighting against that but you may be right, given sleep's initial showing. Still, I'm sure as hell not going to reroll my party. This'll also serve as a good change of pace for when/if I roll up a new party, I'll be able to take paladin and ranger as classes I missed the first time around and by then theoretically they'll have added sorcerers so I can go full-nuker with a caster. Just will have one slot in the wind for a new party.

Don't believe his sweet little lies, controllers are good in 5e. Better than Evokers even. The problem is that Solasta gave the enemies absurdly high saves on max difficulty, so that even a weak save is +3. But on lower difficulties they should clear house.
It is just that the strong spells are shuffled around a bit. Classics like Blindness and Colour Spray are shit, stuff like Hypnotic Pattern is golden.

The problem is that Solasta gave the enemies absurdly high saves on max difficulty, so that even a weak save is +3. But on lower difficulties they should clear house.
Oh, I should be peachy then. Playing on the RAW difficulty, and if Solasta isn't doing the Kingmaker thing of jacking enemy stats and saves up to comical levels even on RAW it should be smooth sailing. IIRC on Kingmaker you have to go to the custom difficulty shit if you want things relatively normal.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Put this game on maximum difficulty and it will show you why you can save and reload in combat.
Dijos Mijo, this is some bullshit. My level 2 team has to kill an equal amount of 60hp regenerating lizard monsters.
I spent a few hours on the last fight, even with a relatively competent team (point buy)
I hope it gets a bit easier as my levels increase, but I am thoroughly enjoying the pain.
Well it is a problem of the whole D&D system,too much random shit with bad consequences. It is fine for combat in PC rpgs because you can reload. But in TB you can't :),it could be frustrating when a good plan goes to shit because you had really bad luck. For PC games it is shit when passive skills need a die check,it is just waste of time in form of reloading,hard skill checks are better.

TwoEdge

Scholar
I'm digging this so far, one major downer for me (and this is entirely within nitpicking territory, so feel free to move along) is that given Solasta's restrictions on multiclassing, reduced race/class repertoire, reliance on darkvision, and the importance of the move stat, four-man parties, my dislike of paladins and my penchant for wizardly classes, is that my party consists of not one, not two, but FOUR. MOTHERFUCKING. ELVES. I'm considering making my wizard a human just for biodiversity's sake. I mean, yeah, those issues can be worked around but picking the three pointy ear variants round my party so well. To RP or min-max, there is the question.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
9nKOCAl.jpg
2 of the bandits are using the exact same model. Maybe force the game to not use the same randomly generated model twice in the same fight?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck those challenge golems in Tower of time are such a waste of time,spend last 15 minutes alttabbing and browsing youtube and the codex,and it is still at 50%.
:negative:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What is it with 3D DnD games and horrible character models? WHAT?
Low potential market, therefore lower budget.
High amount of items that have to be displayed on the model, visibly altering it.
Many animations for attacks and spells.
Multiple different skeletons, because humans, trolls, orcs, halflings, etc, look and are animated differently.

This all combined results in lower quality assets and animations.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The problem is that Solasta gave the enemies absurdly high saves on max difficulty, so that even a weak save is +3. But on lower difficulties they should clear house.
Oh, I should be peachy then. Playing on the RAW difficulty, and if Solasta isn't doing the Kingmaker thing of jacking enemy stats and saves up to comical levels even on RAW it should be smooth sailing. IIRC on Kingmaker you have to go to the custom difficulty shit if you want things relatively normal.

No, you just suck.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
High amount of items that have to be displayed on the model, visibly altering it.
Multiple different skeletons, because humans, trolls, orcs, halflings, etc, look and are animated differently.

But they HAD decent looking models, they deliberately removed them.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm digging this so far, one major downer for me (and this is entirely within nitpicking territory, so feel free to move along) is that given Solasta's restrictions on multiclassing, reduced race/class repertoire, reliance on darkvision, and the importance of the move stat, four-man parties, my dislike of paladins and my penchant for wizardly classes, is that my party consists of not one, not two, but FOUR. MOTHERFUCKING. ELVES. I'm considering making my wizard a human just for biodiversity's sake. I mean, yeah, those issues can be worked around but picking the three pointy ear variants round my party so well. To RP or min-max, there is the question.
Yeah, elves seem to be the optimal choice for basically anything. I have 2 dwarves and 2 elves, but it would've been better if everyone were an elf.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
This Myzzrym goes to all of the trouble of generating goodwill towards the game and the developers and then his boss decides to hire some token black "trans" chick to be their "Diversity and Inclusion Officer" with the pre-order money. What. The. Fuck.

Lol. Gonna need the details on this one.

Trans person in a high fantasy world makes no sense.
I hate the fact that I even have to type this, because it's not leading to anywhere constructive, but: a "trans person" would (eventually) be either a male or a female in gender (with the added % of synthetic help, I guess). Adding "they" isn't on the topic of "trans people are still people", it's just trying to be hip with the leftist crowd. It's pandering.

And, ironically, I don't think that particular demographic even cares about this game much. I don't know... as I said, it's not going anywhere constructive. *shrugs*

Other than that particular box, the whole other 99.9% of the game is great.
yeah I love this game, but I honestly don't even understand the "they" bullshit.... do 'they' think they are two people? WTF is it even about? Just pick a fucking pronoun bitch, I don't give a fuck which one... and I am going to call you whichever one you look like to me, and that is the end of it, I am not going to put anymore effort or thought into it than that, and I don't give a fucking shit either.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

But they HAD decent looking models, they deliberately removed them.

I played the game in early access, and it looked WORSE than it does now. They improved the character models for release.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This is how wizards works on 5e.
I'll keep fighting against that but you may be right, given sleep's initial showing. Still, I'm sure as hell not going to reroll my party. This'll also serve as a good change of pace for when/if I roll up a new party, I'll be able to take paladin and ranger as classes I missed the first time around and by then theoretically they'll have added sorcerers so I can go full-nuker with a caster. Just will have one slot in the wind for a new party.

Don't believe his sweet little lies, controllers are good in 5e. Better than Evokers even. The problem is that Solasta gave the enemies absurdly high saves on max difficulty, so that even a weak save is +3. But on lower difficulties they should clear house.
It is just that the strong spells are shuffled around a bit. Classics like Blindness and Colour Spray are shit, stuff like Hypnotic Pattern is golden.

My shock arcanist, at lv 3 is dishing 8d6 damage with scorting ray, 4 rays each one dishing 2d6 damage . IS about the same damage of my PF:WoTR necromancer at end of the first chapter, on lv 8 with the same spell. The unique difference is that is 2 rays doing 4d6 damage each and enemies evade easier and I can hit enemies with guiding bolt making the rays far more likely to land.

This while a dominate person on 5E lasts one minute(compared to a day on 3E which allow you to troll NPC's really hard), require concentration and the target can re make a save after taking each point of damage.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah, elves seem to be the optimal choice for basically anything. I have 2 dwarves and 2 elves, but it would've been better if everyone were an elf.
Yes elf supremacy! You should play an elf campaign in anbennar,really loveable bastards,all their countries are about exterminating shit. Especially the moon elfs.

Lacrymas

Arcane
2 of the bandits are using the exact same model. Maybe force the game to not use the same randomly generated model twice in the same fight?
Lacrymas, I think you come on too strongly on poor Solasta. This is within acceptable levels of jank for a non AAA title.
It's more that I'm reporting bugs, not that I'm necessarily complaining about the quality. I'm assuming it's a bug.

Brickfrog

Learned
Trans person in a high fantasy world makes no sense.
I hate the fact that I even have to type this, because it's not leading to anywhere constructive, but: a "trans person" would (eventually) be either a male or a female in gender (with the added % of synthetic help, I guess). Adding "they" isn't on the topic of "trans people are still people", it's just trying to be hip with the leftist crowd. It's pandering.

And, ironically, I don't think that particular demographic even cares about this game much. I don't know... as I said, it's not going anywhere constructive. *shrugs*

Other than that particular box, the whole other 99.9% of the game is great.
yeah I love this game, but I honestly don't even understand the "they" bullshit.... do 'they' think they are two people? WTF is it even about? Just pick a fucking pronoun bitch, I don't give a fuck which one... and I am going to call you whichever one you look like to me, and that is the end of it, I am not going to put anymore effort or thought into it than that, and I don't give a fucking shit either.
You sound pretty furious for someone who doesn't care

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Getting someone to play a cleric in 2nd Edition was like trying to find a Priest in classic WoW. If you could find them you would be exceedingly nice to them because their class was a horrible fucking job to play."

Bullshitz. Only if you and your group were garbage. I easily played and saw clerics be played in 23 that weren't 'only or all about the healing'. Fukkin' retarts.

rojay

Scholar
I think the worst part of the game is where they make you agree that transgenders are people and then you get raped by transgenders and then you have a transgender baby that rapes you too. I mean, hell's bells people, that's incest! This injustice cannot stand. We must stamp out all transgender baby rape incest from games.

Compared to that, the little box you check for pronouns that has literally no effect on your gameplay if you don't check it seems ... I dunno, sort of petty to complain about? But hey, if that's your thing, you go ahead and be you, sweetheart. I mean, I'm pretty sure that when you first saw Silence of the Lambs, that scene where Buffalo Bill tucks his dick between his legs and dances around gave you an erection, and when you jerked off later thinking about it it was the best orgasm you've ever had, but as long as you don't make me put a pronoun in my email signature, we're all good.

Now the bugs I've encountered so far, those are more of a concern. First one was when I tried to continue an EA game that, according to the Devs., should have been ok. Went to talk to an NPC and the camera ended up stuck to the ground, with no way to move it. Restarted a new game, rolled characters and got through two of the four tutorial "quests" (which we should be able to skip) and got hung up on the third, stealth-related quest when the game didn't recognize that I'd actually operated the mechanism to open a door. Guess I'll wait a bit to try again in the hope it's patched or someone points out to me that I did something stupid on that last tutorial-quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom