Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Inner Strength DLC Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Inner Strength; Tactical Adventures

Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Inner Strength, the third DLC for Tactical Adventures' well-received 5th Edition tactical RPG, was released today. Inner Strength finalizes the game's lineup of classes with the addition of Bards, Monks and Warlocks, each one with four subclasses, as well as adding Dragonborn as a playable race. As previously mentioned, this release is accompanied by a free content update for Solasta adding three backgrounds and seventeen primarily martial-oriented feats to the game. All of these features and more are described in detail by the esteemed Myzzrym in a new community video released alongside the DLC's launch trailer.

Good stuff. The Inner Strength DLC is available on Steam and GOG for $8, which I'd note is a lower price than what the similar Primal Calling DLC launched with a year ago. The full patch notes for the update are available here. I'd guess that with this release, Tactical Adventures may finally be done with Solasta. Onward to a sequel?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Solasta is super generic but tbh Id rather play that than BG 3 or anything by Obsidian

Mechanically and core systems wise it looks fine. No stupid minigames, no annoying forced companions and no pozz

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
Nice.

Except the fact that monks really don't belong in a standard fantasy setting and I have no idea why everyone pretends they do.

Any fantasy that has swords and armor as normative tools of combat and then plops in a guy who wears robes and punches people with swords and armor to death is just hopelessly fucking stupid.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Only acceptable monks in medieval settings

PmhBNVI.jpg

I still haven't gotten this working on Linux. I'm not very good with Linux yet, but it's still one of the very few I have been unsuccessful at running. Very frustrating because I really want to play this.

Skdursh

Savant
I still haven't gotten this working on Linux. I'm not very good with Linux yet, but it's still one of the very few I have been unsuccessful at running. Very frustrating because I really want to play this.
Win10 VM via QEMU with GPU Passthrough solves ALL gaming on Linux issues (so long as the games aren't online multiplayer).

Turn_BASED

Educated
Bard + sellsword background (med armor proficiency) reaches very high AC and does basically everything. Yay 5e.

Bara

Arcane
I saw talk of some guy claiming to be a play tester for Solasta on the steam forms for the game saying that there will be at least one more dlc as they were going to release this with a new adventure but decided to hold off the new module for now and just release the classes first separately.

True or bullshit I dont know.

Mortmal

Arcane
I saw talk of some guy claiming to be a play tester for Solasta on the steam forms for the game saying that there will be at least one more dlc as they were going to release this with a new adventure but decided to hold off the new module for now and just release the classes first separately.

Probably true , they did the same thing before releasing classes before DLC.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Probably true , they did the same thing before releasing classes before DLC.
There was 2 months gap between them.
But I assume we would have some rumors or a teaser by now?

Tyrion8338

Novice
Just make dual boot windows, you can get windows for few $ on many sites. Linux is good for servers not for everyday use, it`s only for masochists.

5E is good. It just need some homebrew for things it didn't take far enough because it was scared to go off the reservation. It's ripe for the same kind of improvement that Paizo did with 3E OGL.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looking forward to some kind of complete/definitive edition of this game. Might even buy it full price.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Looking forward to some kind of complete/definitive edition of this game. Might even buy it full price.
Keep in mind that the basic campaign will not acknowledge the DLC content.
No unique background quests. Dragonborn character wondering if dragons are even real. All that stuff.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Keep in mind that the basic campaign will not acknowledge the DLC content.
No unique background quests. Dragonborn character wondering if dragons are even real. All that stuff.
Basic campaign doesn't acknowledge full elf, or mix between dwarfs and elfs in party. Do you remember the quest before shield fortress? Yea, the character is apologizing to elf/dwarf party for being racist
because of her elf shape...
WTF?

Party should have banter to explain her the nasty TRUE details. Talking about more greedy people than dwarves, followed by an animation of dwarf squeezing handle of his ax so hard it broke it, then apologizing for startling them by breaking the ax.

Basically they should create game with a REAL world like talking between people who are of different species.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Could have sworn I played with a Bard, shows you how memorable this game was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom