Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Palace of Ice sequel DLC announced, releasing in May

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Palace of Ice; Tactical Adventures

After three DLCs including an additional campaign and five new classes, I was sure that Tactical Adventures were through with Solasta: Crown of the Magister and that they would be moving on to a sequel. Well, it turns out I was half right. Launching this May, Palace of Ice is a high level sequel DLC that will continue the story of the original Crown of the Magister campaign. The Kingdom of Gallivan has suddenly declared war on the Snow Alliance and apparently those dastardly Soraks are responsible, so it's time for the heroes of Caer Cyflen to return to the fray. Besides increasing the level cap to 16, Palace of Ice will also add Gnomes and Tieflings to the game as playable races. Plus, as a free update to the ever-improving dungeon maker, content creators will receive the ability to add companion NPCs and a world map to their campaigns. Here's the announcement post:

Palace of Ice DLC coming up May 2023
As Caer Cyflen rejoice over the Soraks' defeat in the Badlands, the Snow Alliance cries for help. With the Kingdom of Gallivan suddenly declaring war on their neighbours, there is little doubt that these insidious creatures have agents everywhere – and that they always had contingency plans well prepared.​
The Palace of Ice DLC is a high level 10 to 16 campaign that will take your party into the frozen lands of the Snow Alliance. The allies of Caer Cyflen need your help now more than ever, for Soraks are not the only foes that have been sighted lately. Other ancestral creatures have joined the battle, and there is little hope for victory without experienced adventurers to face them.​
This adventure features:
  • 2 New Ancestries. The Gnome and the Tiefling will become available in the Character Creator!
  • A continuation of the Crown of the Magister Campaign. Unveil the Soraks’ master plan and put an end to this threat once and for all!
  • Returning faces. Import your save file from a previous campaign to continue playing your previous party at higher levels, and meet characters from both CotM and the Ruins of Telema demo! Note that you can also create new characters if you so desire, as they will start at level 10 in Palace of Ice.
  • High-level encounters. Ready yourself, for you are not facing just goblins anymore! Get ever stronger up until level 16 to defeat the mightiest of foes!
  • Co-op with up to 4 players! Just like the two other official adventures, Palace of Ice is ready to be tackled solo or with friends.
New Dungeon Maker content:
  • Four new environments: Mountain Caves (indoor), Dwarven City (indoor), Dwarven Settlement (outdoor), Snowy Hills (outdoor)
  • New monsters: Monsters from Palace of Ice will be available to use in the Dungeon Maker
  • [FREE] New World Map System: Place your locations on one of the three existing World Maps (Crown of the Magister, Lost Valley & Palace of Ice), link them together and add some spice with Random Encounters during travel!
  • [FREE] New NPC Follower System: Create follower NPCs who can join the party (controllable) to give them a hand during combat!
Free content update for all!
  • Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Half-Elves will all be receiving 6 new faces to choose from for free (3 Male / 3 Female)
  • Level 12 - 16 will be unlocked in the Dungeon Maker! Note that the Crown of the Magister and Lost Valley campaigns are still locked to level 12 max due to balance reasons.
Fantastic. I expect we'll learn more about Palace of Ice's various new features over the next couple of months. Hopefully everybody kept their old saved games.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
What, exactly, do you expect from an indy developer?

The fact that this is their third major release is p. damned amazing, if you ask me. Fuck spending loads of money on a trailer, give me another solid game!

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
rating_bounce.gif
rating_bounce.gif
rating_bounce.gif

Oh boy! I looolve snow cRPGs~!

But I hate the fact that - apparently - all snow cRPGs are required by law to have lava levels.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
  • 2 New Ancestries. The Gnome and the Tiefling will become available in the Character Creator!
  • A continuation of the Crown of the Magister Campaign. Unveil the Soraks’ master plan and put an end to this threat once and for all!
The lizardpeople's master plan gets unveiled and AT THE VERY SAME TIME GNOMES APPEAR IN THE GAME

Delterius there is no such thing as a coincidence

But I hate the fact that - apparently - all snow cRPGs are required by law to have lava levels.
Hey, as long as it's not a time-traveling murder mystery in a dungeon crawler, I'm okay with it

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder how they're going to retcon Gnomes into the Solasta setting.
I see two options here:

1 - they were always there, it's just that nobody was able to tell them apart from halflings

or

2 - "we've discovered an ancient city in the mountains, it's called... gnometown!"

Oh hey, they already updated their website with this: https://www.solasta-game.com/solasta-crown-of-the-magister-game/characters

GNOME​

Originally from the mountains bordering the Inner Sea, Gnomes have a zest for life shown in their humor, and flexible approach to honor and morality.

Available in the Palace of Ice DLC.

The Inner Sea is in the western half of Solasta's continent.

Mortmal

Arcane
I wonder how they're going to retcon Gnomes into the Solasta setting.
The Dragonborn gnomes are descendants of unions between polymorphed dragons halflings and humans goblins. Although, they were well accepted in the Manacalon Empire, they became very reclusive following the Cataclysm. The newly freed slaves did not look too kindly upon their former elven master, nor their collaborators, such as Dragonborn gnomes. And given some of the physical similarities the Sorr-Akkath goblins , the appearance of Dragonborn gnomes would often draw suspicion from those unfamiliar with the race. Dragonborn Gnomes are still rare and fairly secretive, but with most having completely forgotten about the Soraks, they are only recently starting to leave gnometown and venture back into more civilized lands.

They can use it royalty free, its a gift.

Else there's chatgpt4 version:

The gnomes of Solasta are a mysterious and elusive race that dwell in the hidden corners of the world. They are masters of magic and technology, combining arcane and mechanical devices to create wonders and wonders. They are also curious and adventurous, always seeking new knowledge and experiences. They have a long and rich history that dates back to before the Cataclysm, but they keep it secret from other races. They have a complex network of alliances and rivalries with other factions, often acting as mediators or spies. They are generally friendly and helpful to other races, but they can also be cunning and deceptive if it suits their interests.
When the Cataclysm struck Solasta, the gnomes were among the most affected by the disaster. Their cities and settlements were destroyed by the magical storms and earthquakes, and many of their people perished. The survivors fled underground, seeking refuge in the ancient tunnels and caverns that crisscrossed the land. There they remained for centuries, isolated and hidden from the surface world. They rebuilt their civilization in secret, using their magic and technology to adapt to their new environment. They also developed a fear and distrust of other races, who they blamed for causing the Cataclysm. They only ventured out occasionally to explore or trade with other factions, disguising themselves as other races or using illusions to avoid detection. They became legends and myths among the surface dwellers, who rarely saw them or knew of their existence.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I hope they got an actual writer this time, and that they understood that the character models are just not good enough to justify cinematic dialogue and close-ups.
Also, I still didn't manage to finish the Lost Valley because of a game-breaking bug right before the ending cutscene.

Tyrion8338

Novice
Base game was surprisingly descent and I`ve enjoyed it quite a bit. Right after I`ve been done with it I started that dlc campaign and that was a bit too much and I got bored.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
i don't really care any more, i burned out in the later parts of the base game and never had the strength to come back and finish it

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Intro to the base game made me want to fall asleep. I refunded it iirc.

Characters look like potatoes, several of the classes are DLC. Pass.

Last edited:

Artyoan

Arbiter
>"I didn't manage to finish"
>"that was a bit too much and I got bored"
>"I don't really care any more"
>"never had the strength to come back and finish"
>"Characters look like potatoes"

Enough of this whining. Let Solasta make men out of you.

tLbUkl1.gif

Sacibengala

Prophet
I'm all in for the engine, but the campaigns sucks. Those lizard people are the most boring ass vilains that I've ever seen in an crpg, and I played NWN.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Nwn's villains were awesome so FUKK OFF. THey are the true the time traveler lizardfolk master race that enslave all!

As fir trailer I was gonna defend it, but that voice... THAT VOICE. And, dud they spoil the ending claiming the pcs ate gonna die? If so fukk that edgy shit.

As for original game I like it well enough, but I didn't finish it yet. No real reason.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom