Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I got all the DLCs. It seems like I can get some extra hours from different user modules.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey guys, a question: Just booted up Solasta, this is my first time playing anything 5e and I am currently in the process of creating my characters, using the point-buy system rather than rolling.

However, I then happened to look at the pregenerated characters and they all appear to have pretty decently rolled stats, well exceeding the totals of the point buy system. Is this the kind of stat spread I need to have a good time with the campaign (on Authentic mode or whatever the default difficulty is)?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey guys, a question: Just booted up Solasta, this is my first time playing anything 5e and I am currently in the process of creating my characters, using the point-buy system rather than rolling.

However, I then happened to look at the pregenerated characters and they all appear to have pretty decently rolled stats, well exceeding the totals of the point buy system. Is this the kind of stat spread I need to have a good time with the campaign (on Authentic mode or whatever the default difficulty is)?
Try to roll as high as possible. Should be doable in like 20 or so rolls. If you get 18 in the 2 main stats of your character, you'll be fine. The Thief is a bit more demanding stat-wise, but 2 18's and a 16 should get you through the game just fine.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Try to roll as high as possible. Should be doable in like 20 or so rolls. If you get 18 in the 2 main stats of your character, you'll be fine. The Thief is a bit more demanding stat-wise, but 2 18's and a 16 should get you through the game just fine.
The game is already too easy using the standard array, even for unexperienced players. Starting with multiple 18s and 16s will only trivialize already meager challenges. I'd say that the standard 15/14/13/12/10/8 is the best starting point.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In difficulty, if KoTC2 - Augury of Chaos in max difficulty is 10 and this game OC is 3, how hard would you rate the DLC?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I got all the DLCs. It seems like I can get some extra hours from different user modules.
The first custom module made by Tactical Adventures to showcase the editor (Caer Falcarn) is worth a playthrough. The second one (Dun Cuin) is a bit duller, but still enjoyable if you liked the base game. Among the custom modules already available, Ruins of Ilthismar definitely is the most complete adventure, but the much shorter Dragonstone Saga is still my favorite one.

However, it might be a good idea to wait for a while, since with the latest patch they added a lot of stuff to the dungeon maker (quests, dialogues, and more environments), which means that future modules will probably be more similar to a real "adventure".

DemonKing

Arcane
Played the DLC solidly yesterday. It's pretty decent so far but nothing spectacular. If you liked Solasta combat you'll like this.

There is a hub city full of quest givers for different factions and you basically sally forth and do various quests then return to the hub area to top up on quests and head out again.

So far I've been doing quests for every faction and no one seems to care, but that might change down the track.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Any of you fags want to do a MP playthrough of the dlc? Was interested in seeing how that would work

Parabalus

Arcane
Any good weapon recipes in the DLC?

Can't seem to find any +elemental damage ones, which were abundant in the main campaign.

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
If only!
They've turned my dwarf into duergar.
At first I thought they went the LOTR ROP way, but it looks like the blackface is only applied to the only more or less serviceable dorf's mug model. what gives?!

Is bug my good dwarf. Will be fixing that

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Fucking 5th edition, I can't believe my cleric needs his hand to cast a spell. Do Gods only understand sign language ? Cant you have your holy symbol on your weapon ?

Well, appart from this I like it, never used it in pen&paper, but it has a simplicity that reminds me of AD&D.

The Battle domain gives ability to cast with a shield or a weapon in off-hand. Maybe there's a feat that gives the same benefit, but I've never had the need to look it up.

I had already chosen the "Life" path. For now, I made a freehand&shield set for casting, and another with mace&shield, changing of weapon set counts for a free action once per round so it's ok. But it seems you can still cast while holding a 2h weapon so I might opt for that later.

What is stupid is that you can't keep the same shield when switching weapon sets. This is really silly. I remember PoE had the same problem. They adressed this in PoE2 though.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Fucking 5th edition, I can't believe my cleric needs his hand to cast a spell. Do Gods only understand sign language ? Cant you have your holy symbol on your weapon ?

Well, appart from this I like it, never used it in pen&paper, but it has a simplicity that reminds me of AD&D.

The Battle domain gives ability to cast with a shield or a weapon in off-hand. Maybe there's a feat that gives the same benefit, but I've never had the need to look it up.

I had already chosen the "Life" path. For now, I made a freehand&shield set for casting, and another with mace&shield, changing of weapon set counts for a free action once per round so it's ok. But it seems you can still cast while holding a 2h weapon so I might opt for that later.
I know it's annoying, but (unless they changed something) you can have a single set with a shield and a free hand and keep your mace in the inventory. When you want to fight in melee, you can drag the mace from the inventory to the free hand slot, and it will use up the same free action that allows you to switch between sets. Having two separate sets is more practical, but it becomes a burden when you get a magic shield and can't share it between the two sets.

Last edited:

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
I know it's annoying, but (unless they chanced something) you can have a single set with a shield and a free hand and keep your mace in the inventory. When you want to fight in melee, you can drag the mace from the inventory to the free hand slot, and it will use up the same free action that allows you to switch between sets. Having two separate sets is more practical, but it becomes a burden when you get a magic shield and can't share it between the two sets.

Man at this point don't bother with that and disable the somatic component check in the difficulty option, even in-house some of us do because it's too tedious. But it's RAW, so it's there.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I like the customization on Solasta difficulties.

Also like that the game doesn't have 100GB+ of motion captured sex scenes like BG3.
ekRthSN.png

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In difficulty, if KoTC2 - Augury of Chaos in max difficulty is 10 and this game OC is 3, how hard would you rate the DLC?
I would rate difficulty to 4 it's a little bit harder sometime.
Is the difficulty similar to that of the first act of the OC? I really liked the early tactical challenge, but later on, it became way too easy indeed.

Mortmal

Arcane
I would rate difficulty to 4 it's a little bit harder sometime.
Is the difficulty similar to that of the first act of the OC? I really liked the early tactical challenge, but later on, it became way too easy indeed.
It's mostly the same at the beginning , later bare a few surprises, no challenge.

Mortmal

Arcane
I know it's annoying, but (unless they chanced something) you can have a single set with a shield and a free hand and keep your mace in the inventory. When you want to fight in melee, you can drag the mace from the inventory to the free hand slot, and it will use up the same free action that allows you to switch between sets. Having two separate sets is more practical, but it becomes a burden when you get a magic shield and can't share it between the two sets.

Man at this point don't bother with that and disable the somatic component check in the difficulty option, even in-house some of us do because it's too tedious. But it's RAW, so it's there.

RAW has variable geometry at tactical adventures...

"THE ADVENTURING DAY
Assuming typical adventuring conditions and average
luck, most adventuring parties can handle about six
to eight medium or hard encounters in a day. If the
adventure has more easy encounters, the adventurers
can get through more. If it has more deadly encounters,
they can handle fewer." Page 84 of DM manual

How come then we have only one encounter then full rest allowed in the dlc every time ? Did you guys spent so much time on steam forums you consider your player base so retarded they cant handle it?
A design like that make vancians casters considerably superior and more wanted than anything else. Why even bother bring a fighter in, just get 4 sorcerers , early you will spam magic missiles , later you will be carpet bombing the battlefield with empowered fireballs.End game you will be gods with perma greater invis.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom