Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Tigranes

Arcane
& only once per round, no?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I could swear my rogue has failed to sneak attack in those situations. I'm probably wrong, or else it's buggy.
You get a steak attack only on one successful attack per turn. And yeah it is a buggy mess. But most of the time you get sneak on enemy when there is a party member next to it.

Anonona

Learned
I could swear my rogue has failed to sneak attack in those situations. I'm probably wrong, or else it's buggy.

As V_K said, it seems you gain sneak attack when the rogue has advantage. It may had lost it if he is attacking an objective in the dark if he doesn't have darkvision or some other reason and just counted as a regular attack.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
yeah battle cleric is outstanding
in theory, in practice mine is not doing much... its almost like if paladin would do instead
Yeah, melee clerics without multiclassing don't work well in 5E, and it's even worse in Solasta because the Battle domain is worse than War from the PHB. War domain's problem is that you don't get enough extra damage, Divine Strike at level 8 (!) doesn't cut it. You fall behind on damage very quickly, even though you start out strong due to getting a second attack at lvl 1 (the amount of times equals your wisdom modifier, though, so it's not mindblowing or anything), but it's still only equal to the Paladin's smite. After Paladins get second level spells, it's over for the War Cleric. Solasta's Battle Cleric not only doesn't get a second attack, but their extra damage is only once per rest, which severely limits their damage output from the get-go and only gets worse compared to the Paladin. It's so iffy that I don't think the Battle domain or melee Clerics in general are a viable or interesting choice in Solasta.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So if the rogue misses his first attack against an opponent engaged by multiple people, does that count as his sneak attack for the turn?

Lacrymas

Arcane
So if the rogue misses his first attack against an opponent engaged by multiple people, does that count as his sneak attack for the turn?
No, because you have to hit for it to trigger the Sneak Attack. Nothing gets triggered if you miss. Well, besides you.

V_K

Arcane
If the advantage was due to stealth, he might have been discovered on his way to the enemy, and thus lost the advantage and sneak attack.
You also must not have a disadvantage on your roll; that may be the case of sneak attack not triggering when attacking an engaged target.
I also don't know how the game interprets a situation where an advantage and a disadvantage cancel each other out. Like for example when your rogue is hidden but attacking unlit enemy engaged by another character. It might be that even though the disadvantage is cancelled out by the advantage, it is still there for the purposes of sneak attack and thus it does not trigger.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1096530/view/3013450702749849976

Solasta 1.0.18 Hotfix

Known Issues (that we're working on)
  • Do not equip the Orc Javelin, Orc Shortbow or Ogre Javelin - saving while having one of these item equipped will corrupt the save, preventing you from loading it later. These corrupted saves will be fixed in a future patch.

• Beards are not always properly affixed to the characters' face
  • If you're playing from an Early Access save, Bring the Sword back to Merton has a bugged cutscene that prevents you from completing it
  • Some people have a black screen / weird clouds when starting a new campaign. Workaround here
  • The Landing Plaza in Caer Cyflen has some new decoration that it shouldn't have

Major Fixes
  • Fixed a "white dice" appearing when attacking multiple times too quickly

• Dungeon Maker: You can now add a Thumbnail to your Custom Dungeon when uploading them by having a .png or .jpg file with the same name than that of your dungeon in the custom dungeon folder.

• Fixed AI sometimes using a bonus action to do an additional main action attack instead. AI be cheating. DM does not approve.
  • Fixed an issue with the Arena Quest where the door could get stuck, blocking quest progression

• Fixed magic items crafted or bought from vendors sometimes not being identified. Mystery potion! Gotta love them!
  • Crafting Tooltip now displays the crafted item tooltip even if missing the ingredients
  • Fixed some issues with Chinese Localization
  • Fixed some long duration AoE spells not being visible when cast directly on a character
  • All in-game backer items are now identified by default
  • Fixed 6 League Boots incorrectly doubling your movement speed instead of giving you an additional cell of movement
  • Fixed Dwarven Bread not being equippable. Get that +1 CON Bonus!
  • Fixed Early Bird not working properly. It showed the initiative bonus but it didn't give any. What a scam
  • Fixed Cog of Cohh not properly giving +2 CHA
  • Re-added a missing cutscene in Halman's House
  • Counterspell can now correctly fail when targeting spells above level 3
  • Fixed Acid Arrow "acidified" condition sometimes being removed too early
  • Added Arrow parts to Gorim's Store
  • Fixed a HUGE missing component of the end game fight. Really huge. Like, physically huge.

Minor Fixes
  • Fixed female halfling animations going banana and clipping all over the place
  • Fixed Flying Snakes and Fire Osprey moving multiple times after attacking for no particular reason
  • Fixed Ray of Enfeeblement projectile moving super slowly
  • Fixed Strike of Oblivion color to match Necrotic damage
  • Fixed missing VFX & Light on Sacred Weapon
  • Added a Dodge animation to Eagle Matriarchs
  • Changed Crossbow Bolt icons to avoid mistaking them with Arrows
  • Added an Idle animation in combat to Ghasts
  • Fixed a certain Schrödinger boss incorrectly being displayed as both dead and alive after loading a save
  • Fixed a lighting issue on the Character Portrait & Inventory
  • Fixed an error that could trigger at the end of the Lowlife Background QUest
  • Tome of All Things is now a Quest Item
  • Added a missing quest marker to a certain mansion
  • Fixed attack animation while flying
  • Fixed Pheromone duration being incorrectly calculated after loading a save
  • Fixed a tooltip issue when hovering above the Armor Class value
  • Updated Maul icon
  • Fixed characters shadows sometimes missing in some cutscenes
  • Fixed an error that would trigger in Caer Lem if no one can read Ancient Tirmarian (should have paid attention in class)
  • Fixed some lipsync issues
  • Fixed some doors not being placed in their correct spot
  • Fixed a certain backer document not displaying the proper content
  • Fixed some pathfinding issue in a certain quest late game
  • Monsters in one specific fight are now immune to lightning. Because teamkilling half of your minions isn't a particular wise move
  • Fixed one haircut magically hovering above the character's head
  • Fixed missing quest marker not appearing in the Spy Background Quest
  • Added missing waypoints to Gallivan & New Empire Embassies
  • Cleaned up some spell tooltips that displayed unnecessary / wrong information
  • Revivy & Raise Dead tooltip no longer show "Unknown Effect". We all know what it does. Unknown my butt
  • Fixed Skybox missing in Monastery
  • Half Plate +1 now correctly has Stealth Disadvantage
  • Fixed Mage Armor not being castable more than once
  • Traps no longer trigger when the attempt to disarm them fail in the Dungeon Maker
  • Fixed Armor of Survival tooltip not appearing
  • Fixed an issue where buying back scrolls from merchants could cause a crash

Lacrymas

Arcane
Like for example when your rogue is hidden but attacking unlit enemy engaged by another character.
That's why you don't make Rogues without dark vision in this game. Or you take a Paladin along with the noticeably inferior Oath of Tirmar in order to accommodate your less-than-ideal choice of a Rogue without dark vision. There are rings of dark vision, though, so if you are willing to sacrifice an attunement slot, go for it.

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
Like for example when your rogue is hidden but attacking unlit enemy engaged by another character.
That's why you don't make Rogues without dark vision in this game. Or you take a Paladin along with the noticeably inferior Oath of Tirmar in order to accommodate your less-than-ideal choice of a Rogue without dark vision. There are rings of dark vision, though, so if you are willing to sacrifice an attunement slot, go for it.
That was just a hypothetical example. There can be other reasons to have both advantage and disadvantage on the same roll.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Weird name. What is Solasta even supposed to mean?

If the game hadn't succeeded the developer trademarked the name and was going to sell it to Pfizer as an erectile dysfunction drug. "Solasta" is the perfect marketing name for a dick drug.

That was just a hypothetical example. There can be other reasons to have both advantage and disadvantage on the same roll.

In tabletop 5E, Advantage and Disadvantage dice cancel each other out 1:1. It's not possible to hold both conditions, or is that what you are saying?

V_K

Arcane

In tabletop 5E, Advantage and Disadvantage dice cancel each other out 1:1. It's not possible to hold both conditions, or is that what you are saying?
It's for the purposes of sneak attack. You can't use sneak attack when you have a disadvantage on your roll. The question is, how Solasta interprets a situation where a disadvantage is cancelled out by advantage: whether it considers it a normal roll (sneak attack triggers) or it considers it a roll that would have a disadvantage if it were not for advantage (sneak attack doesn't trigger).
The game does keep track of it, as when you mouse over the enemy, it shows that you have an advantage from X and disadvantage from Y resulting in a normal roll.

in other news i completed lowlife background quest and received coins, no infravision ring
It's loot from the geeks who try to get the jump on you after you get the sword, probably on the caster but I don't remember. It's unidentified though, and I've noticed that OCCASIONALLY when you loot shit your party members will auto-equip it if the appropriate slots are open so it might be worth checking your party to make sure someone isn't smuggling the ring up their ass since it needs to be ID'd and attuned for it to do anything.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
when you loot shit your party members will auto-equip it if the appropriate slots are open

Noticed this and I fugging hate it. The game is good otherwise, but this thing here. It even auto-equips random vendor trash.

Actually if there is any problems I have with the game, it's all UI/inventory related. No sorting categories, no extra bags for ingredients etc.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's for the purposes of sneak attack. You can't use sneak attack when you have a disadvantage on your roll. The question is, how Solasta interprets a situation where a disadvantage is cancelled out by advantage: whether it considers it a normal roll (sneak attack triggers) or it considers it a roll that would have a disadvantage if it were not for advantage (sneak attack doesn't trigger).
The game does keep track of it, as when you mouse over the enemy, it shows that you have an advantage from X and disadvantage from Y resulting in a normal roll.
If we are going by RAW, you might not get a sneak attack because you technically have disadvantage even if it's cancelled by an advantage.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
The lack of circumstance rolls is annoying me way more than I thought it would. My mage casted grease on two evangelicals, due to my experience with Kingmaker, I assumed that when they got up I would get an attack of opportunity. Finding out that is not the case and they could still perform multiple attacks a turn after getting up is ridiculous. Sure that is one thing less to roll but just from a logic standpoint it makes no sense.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
no longer think i enjoy my green mage. Since all i do is pew pew with my bow id rather play ranger so taht i can pew pew per turn more

as I said i dislike battle cleric, cant hit for shit. He started to fall rapidly since lvl5. I guess there might be room for paladins after all...

but then who in my party would be able to do magical crafting? Caster rogue can? If I go with party rog, tuneller, rng, pally, will I start disliking my rogue for not having 2 attacks per round?

Geckabor

Savant
So I'm doing the lava forest and...
What impact do the choices in the house of the master have? I can free a slave, open a chest, help a maid, etc. I tried to be "polite" and stay out of it, but the master just attacked me after dialogue so can I just do all of those optional choices?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I truly hope that they keep updating that toolkit and get some modding tools going, it could be the saving grace of this game."

It needs a shit ton of improvements and additions to be really worthy.

Things missing: Can't edit monster/enemy stats, can't create own items, can't have a store (so PCs can't even sell the ph@t lewt it gives them), actual dialogue doesn't exist, and on, and on. Throwing down 'tilesets' is annoying and the maps (even the 'big one' seem small), cna't over lap rooms so you need to be really careful how you lay them down. Can't do anything the world map, and no town setting.

Things worthwhile: Making 'encounter groups' is done in easy. Doing traps, and chests are solid 9though I'd like to be able to have more control over traps). Adding secret doors is much easier than it is even in NWN so that's nice.

Not much to it outside of throwing random rooms together and throwing enemies at PCs.

As for game: yes, characters auto equpping is so fukkin' dumb. 'Side quests' are lame. They're literally about going back to a place you've been, fight one battle, and poick up one item. The game has a huge world map and a decent travel system (taht can be improved), and doesn't take full advantage of it. WTF!?!

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Rogue attack with advantage = sneak attack.
or when party member is near enemy (and rogue is not at disadvantage).

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
"I truly hope that they keep updating that toolkit and get some modding tools going, it could be the saving grace of this game."

It needs a shit ton of improvements and additions to be really worthy.

Things missing: Can't edit monster/enemy stats, can't create own items, can't have a store (so PCs can't even sell the ph@t lewt it gives them), actual dialogue doesn't exist, and on, and on. Throwing down 'tilesets' is annoying and the maps (even the 'big one' seem small), cna't over lap rooms so you need to be really careful how you lay them down. Can't do anything the world map, and no town setting.

Things worthwhile: Making 'encounter groups' is done in easy. Doing traps, and chests are solid 9though I'd like to be able to have more control over traps). Adding secret doors is much easier than it is even in NWN so that's nice.

Not much to it outside of throwing random rooms together and throwing enemies at PCs.

As for game: yes, characters auto equpping is so fukkin' dumb. 'Side quests' are lame. They're literally about going back to a place you've been, fight one battle, and poick up one item. The game has a huge world map and a decent travel system (taht can be improved), and doesn't take full advantage of it. WTF!?!

Small team.

But game is good, i feel they did best they could with resources given.
Combat is very solid. Party tactics matter. Both composition/lvls and actions.

This is for Cataclysm difficulty.

Other difficulties, even "authentic", are for bads and total newbies (who do not want to learn but want to win).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom