Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
People losing their shit about the choice of pronoun that isn't even referenced once in the whole game. Oh, what else is new.
Sometimes they almost get me with the "it takes away resources that could have been used on other things". I really wonder which part of the game would have greatly benefited from a textbox and three buttons.

This game is too good to focus its discussion on pronouns.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
The thing that weirds me out is that there was a big-ass patch on May 19 that's actually made them look worse. I thought it just did something to characters created in the previous version of the game, but I've just tried to make a new one and they still look a lot uglier than they used to. Myzzrym, what on earth happened?

If there is one thing that Trans-Freaks hate more than anything else it is normal looking heterosexuals. The uglyness in character customization is an intended feature, not just the work of an awful Artist.

Mud'

Scholar
Trans person in a high fantasy world makes no sense. I mean, just cast reincarnation, wish, limited wish, polymorth(...) there are N ways to change someone gender.

Nigga say what.

I mean i agree with you on that, but you know how much GOLD you need to pay to have some random ass nerd cast a spell like Wish on you?

I mean a commoner probably will never see more than 100 Gp in his life and that shit does not even cover part of the spells components.

Trans are the poor of D&D.

Brickfrog

Learned
Why do people believe that devs put in pronouns because they are scared of a woke mob? Every video game dev iv met from EA to tiny studios in New England have been some of the most woke people iv ever met. They aren't being dishonest about their beliefs lol

Feeling strongly about pronouns in either direction seems pretty lame I dunno

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The lighting is off too -
d1Pv2RD.jpg

Dexter

Arcane
EfOF0iJ.jpg

removed from wishlist
My final stance on the question:
soltrannya2klr.jpg
Although the game seemed kinda shit and choreographed this kind of stuff before release to start with: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-steam-sales-and-releases-thread.45906/page-990#post-6608201
The Butch Dyke looking thing in the Trailer kind of scared me off. Can't say I feel better about the characters IG "The Old Empire was built on Slavery and Racism!" LOL.
xb3RTqm.jpg

Animation is choppy and awkward. If they want to do face animation and Cutscenes they're gonna have to do a lot better than that. Don't like how the camera moves, it jumps all over and constantly brings me back to the party while trying to look around, also hangs at walls or above em etc. UI looks bad and is awkward - haven't even found an easy way to change the way they're facing when walk-clicking, even reading shit in the inventory is a pain, some of the interactions with the environment are promising. It hung up on me once when starting a battle during a Cutscene and couldn't Load or Save. I wouldn't have shown it to people at this stage, much less polished than anything else I've tried.

If anyone is looking to spend some money on a RPGOTY and hasn't tried it yet, this from last year is on Sale: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...uins-of-limis-dlc.101779/page-24#post-7325776

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I mean a commoner probably will never see more than 100 Gp in his life and that shit does not even cover part of the spells components.

We are talking about lv 10 heroes on end game of Solasta. Not lv 0 commoners. And wish was just one example. Limited wish on 3E costs 3,775 gp2 and if you look to the table of spellcasting and services spellcasting and services, a 13th level caster casting a 7th level spell would require 910 gold to do it. Sure, not something in range of a commoner, but on PF1e, if you can own 2 specialized slaves, you can pay this price.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
[The classes have never been as powerful as they are in 5E, though.

You are fucking high. Clearly you never played with the 'splatbooks' of the D&D 3.5 era which are so comically OP they've literally become a meme.

3.5 Edition Cleric using Splatbook-- Heals, turns undead, dual wields 2-handed swords almost as well as the fighter (monkey grip, over-sized weapons, ambidex, etc), casts fireballs and arcance spells as well as the mage, and does it all, including arcane spellcasting, while wearing full plate armor.

That is what generated the meme. In 1st/2nd edition people hated playing a cleric because you were the party's "healing battery" basically with all the gimpy restrictions. By 3.5 they had overcompensated to the point of farce where you had this god tier, Holy Tank Mage.

Getting someone to play a cleric in 2nd Edition was like trying to find a Priest in classic WoW. If you could find them you would be exceedingly nice to them because their class was a horrible fucking job to play.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm playing on authentic mode + deadlier and merciless AI. I'll see whether anything requires more tweaking, I'm not a fan of mobs getting straight-up bonuses to their rolls.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm playing on authentic mode + deadlier and merciless AI. I'll see whether anything requires more tweaking, I'm not a fan of mobs getting straight-up bonuses to their rolls.
All rolls on 0, enemy AI at max.... and I will admit, I turned off somatic component of casting. Yes, it makes the game easier, but I don't care. I want my cleric with a hammer and shield. He can make gestures while the hammer is hanging from his wrist by a strap.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Changing weapon sets is a free action, so it's not a big deal for caster clerics, but it might be a problem for melee clerics, yeah. That's why (among other things) I said Clerics aren't good fighters without multiclassing options.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom