Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.solasta-game.com/news/151-multiplayer-beta-weekend-is-over-give-us-your-feedback

MULTIPLAYER BETA WEEKEND IS OVER, GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK!

Hey there folks!

We hope you enjoyed Solasta's Multiplayer Beta Weekend. In order to make sure we deliver the best experience to you when the full release drops on April 14th, we really want to get feedback from all of you out there who love Solasta as much as we do. Even if you didn't participate to the Beta Weekend, make sure you check up the Feedback form available here!

For those who may not know, this image was the first public Concept Art of Solasta!

Alright folks, that's it for today! Keep an eye out for more Lost Valley news, and don't hesitate to drop by our Forums or our Discord Server.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/3472479

Physical Goodies - Update for non-EU residents!

Hey there people!

We've just received some more news from our shipping partners, so we're sharing them with you.

Non-EU / UK backers
For folks outside EU & UK, your physical goodies should now be arriving in their warehouse in the US. Quartermaster Logistics let us know that around April 15th, they will be sending a final mail so you can verify your address before they start shipping around April 22nd, one week later.

If for some reason you changed both your email address AND your physical address, make sure you send us a mail at contact@tactical-adventures.com as soon as possible with your pledge level, your previous email address, your current email address, your previous physical address and your current physical address so we can inform our shipping partner.

For UK backers
We're currently working with ShipQuest to get your rewards shipped to your door! They haven't given us an estimate as of yet, but hopefully things should move fairly quickly in the coming weeks!

Best,

Myzzrym

Note: For EU Backers you should all have received your Physical Rewards. If not, please inform us so we can check with our shipping partner!

Finished Solasta, Originally started a playthrough when it came out, got bored in the middle, abandoned it, then decided to finish the game a few days ago and had fun.

- I liked how you can, Icewind Dale style, create your own band from scratch, but I hated the party limit of 4. I hope in the sequel when all classes are implemented, the party limit would be increased and we will be able to experiment with party composition more.
- Encounter design can be very good at times (Aksha fight, Green Dragon, Arena in Green Dragon lair), but there is a lot of lackluster fights. The good thing is that there is not too many trash encounters. The special mention for bad encounter design should go to the final battle, whose result depends mostly on how friendly AI controlled dragons would behave. They may use their breath to do massive damage to enemy as well as just land in the middle of them and die in 2 rounds. Sometimes they even breath at player controlled party members, killing them.
- Light/Darkness system is a lot of fun and it certainly improves the game, however the fact that most races have innate intravision sabotages the system, because this makes the player not interacting with it. Devs should make all races be equally affected by darkness, or maybe add a race that thrives in darkness, but has problems in light.
- Verticality system seems fun at the start, but the more you play the less impressed you are. All it does is to force you to have a spare ranged weapon for everyone. It should be more integrated into the system and having a height advantage should offer bonuses. Still it's fun to see a wizard fail concentration roll and fall to his death.
- Some enemies seems to be in the borderline hp sponges territory.
- Reaction system is neat.
- Feats are mediocre, there is one or two good feat, but the rest of them are not exciting at all. You are not going to need to chose between feats, because you will get all of those you want and have some spare points left.
- Dungeons are mostly lineal and having characters need to remove some stones or leaves to progress can get boring and feel like an artificial time wasters.
- The cinematic presentation was a failure, writers aren't good and cinematics don't improve the game in any meaningful way.
- I hate how you can't speed up battle animations. It's seems to be caused by flying logic being connected to animation, because when you use cheat engine to speed the game up, it seems to not work on flying units.
- I disliked how when you use identify ritual you first need to go through "10 minutes are passing" screen and then see casting animation. Devs should settle for one or the other.
- Inventory is kinda cluttered, this could be mitigated by crafting recipes being learned upon getting them, rather than having to manually read each one. Hated how you need to manually loot each arrow.
- There are a few factions in the game and it's sorta of incredible how they all blend together, so you are unable to distinguish one from another.
- Some choices made in 5e are baffling. I hate how mages have more hp and are stronger at the start of the game, but are weaker towards the late levels compared to previous editions. This obsession with balance made fireball kinda pathetic. I hate how concentration mechanic made using the whole arsenal of your spells impossible, and I was always dismayed when I wanted to try a cool spell, only to get a dreaded message informing me that I need to cancel some other spell to use a new one. There are some other changes to spells I disliked, like how insect plague does not jump from combatant to combatant and it seems to not prevent people from casting. Other example is a silence spell effect being a stationary sphere you can enter or leave.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think this is the first "review" post where I 100% agree with everything.

- I hate how you can't speed up battle animations. It's seems to be caused by flying logic being connected to animation, because when you use cheat engine to speed the game up, it seems to not work on flying units.
You have the option to speed up animations by pressing spacebar, so at least it is something that the engine can handle. I just can't understand why they can't add multiple options to speed everything up even more. I think rusty_shackleford quickly threw together a mod to do that during early access?

Hated how you need to manually loot each arrow.
Isn't there a "loot all" button? I haven't played the game in a while, but I remember something like that.

Some choices made in 5e are baffling.
Many of the reasons why 5E doesn't really translate well to videogames can be explained with the principal design choice behind this entire edition: simplifying everything as much as possible. I think you can still get a fun experience (I loved Solasta, tried many custom modules, and will surely play the next DLC as soon as it gets released), but so many of the core aspects of this system make absolutely no sense in the context of a videogame. For all the valid criticism that one can direct at Larian, at least they made the right decision to add a bit of depth to the combat mechanics with weapon-specific skills, but I feel like that's still not enough.

I think this is the first "review" post where I 100% agree with everything.

You have the option to speed up animations by pressing spacebar, so at least it is something that the engine can handle. I just can't understand why they can't add multiple options to speed everything up even more. I think rusty_shackleford quickly threw together a mod to do that during early access?

I know and I even have the mod installed but it increases the speed by about 30%? Not enough. For the final battle cheat engine was at 5x speed and everyone were going brrrrrrrr.

Isn't there a "loot all" button? I haven't played the game in a while, but I remember something like that.

There is, but loot all also loots armors and weapons, so it's like a cure being worse than a illness.

Many of the reasons why 5E doesn't really translate well to videogames can be explained with the principal design choice behind this entire edition: simplifying everything as much as possible. I think you can still get a fun experience (I loved Solasta, tried many custom modules, and will surely play the next DLC as soon as it gets released), but so many of the core aspects of this system make absolutely no sense in the context of a videogame. For all the valid criticism that one can direct at Larian, at least they made the right decision to add a bit of depth to the combat mechanics with weapon-specific skills, but I feel like that's still not enough.

What I am not sure about is the decision to make all attributes work as saving throws. It increases the number of defense stats (at least compared to 3,5), is somewhat elegant and gives reasons to not dumb attributes, however I was not excited about it during the play. Maybe there was just not enough dangerous debuffs to make saving throws feel important? I don't know, the idea seems good in theory, but I am not sure about practice.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
Well this boils down to Solasta's implementation of D&D not being that great. It works great if you want an easier campaign and system to introduce RPG noobs to but it sucks if you are even slightly familiar with older RPGs that adapated previous versions of D&D. I had fun with the game while playing it but had little desire to touch it in the year it has been out of early access.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
- There are a few factions in the game and it's sorta of incredible how they all blend together, so you are unable to distinguish one from another.

In general, the writers were given more than they could chew on. For example, when you realize that this setting has not one but TWO ruined ancient civilizations (Manacalon and Tirmar). Like, do you guys really think you're up to that? Pretty ambitious for a first title!

Meanwhile the actual world of the present has so little depth to it. You don't really get the sense that a thousand years have passed since the ancient empire fell, since everything you see and do revolves around it. Imagine a game set in 1500 AD that's entirely predicated on exploring ancient Roman ruins. The most "Oh, this is an actual place" moment I had was a repeating camping flavor text about some member of your party "arguing about the politics of the Principality of Masgarth".

Last edited:

hello friend

Arcane
I don't get the obsession ppl have with adapting dnd. The strength of crpgs is that you can have a lot of the simulation happening in the background, so you can use a system way too crunchy for tabletop play to effect a greater degree of simulation. Systems that are built around tabletop play not being a pain don't utilise the strengths of the pc environment at all.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't get the obsession ppl have with adapting dnd. The strength of crpgs is that you can have a lot of the simulation happening in the background, so you can use a system way too crunchy for tabletop play to effect a greater degree of simulation. Systems that are built around tabletop play not being a pain don't utilise the strengths of the pc environment at all.
A lot of people who play crpgs dislike these systems because they can't do the calculations on their own. This is one of the reasons why the Pathfinders trounced the Pillars.

I also disliked how legendary actions worked. The first few times bosses use them, you are impressed, but the more often you see them the worst the mechanic seems. In practice legendary actions means the boss gets a few extra actions, which forces those actions to not be too strong, otherwise the boss would be able to kill a party member during a round. The random nature of legendary actions also means you can't plan around them, so giving the boss extra actions during his round may be preferable. Giving bosses resistances or special abilities seems to be a better way to design boss encounter.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Playing into the strengths of the medium is harder for developers than just making a "[game] but on ur PC" game.
Doesn't help that you have people who will shit themselves out of pure spite if your non-original setting isn't a 100% direct copy of game manuals

hello friend

Arcane
A lot of people who play crpgs dislike these systems because they can't do the calculations on their own. This is one of the reasons why the Pathfinders trounced the Pillars.
lol why don't they just play tabletop

it's an objectively better version of what they want, as long as you can find a decent gm

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

it's an objectively better version of what they want, as long as you can find a decent gm

My understanding is that the tabletop scene is a mess right now and many DMs don't allow the kind of extreme powerbuilding they want to do and expect actual role playing.

Sacibengala

Prophet

You need friends or any reasonable human beings for that. The 5e community has none of that.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The most "Oh, this is an actual place" moment I had was a repeating camping flavor text about some member of your party "arguing about the politics of the Principality of Masgarth".
Party member "starts a discussion about deities and religion"
Party member "performs mental exercises"
"The party fails to detect an approaching enemy group"
"The party did not find any useful ingredients"
"The party did not find any food"
Party member "writes a letter to goodness knows who"
Party member "starts a heated political discussion about the Principality of Masgarth"

Reminds me of the Codex. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Today: https://www.solasta-game.com/news/153-lost-valley-subclasses-detailed

LOST VALLEY SUBCLASSES DETAILED

Note: The following content is only available if you purchased the Lost Valley DLC, available on April 14th at 9 am PDT / 12 pm EDT / 6 pm CEST. Once unlocked, the new subclasses can be played in all adventures (not only in Lost Valley).

4XBIpXhFck5rea1xnDcrndake1e3zphYYPIV9BU7.png

The Commander (Fighter):

On the battlefield, victory is achieved through discipline, rigorous training and audacity. Solastan Commanders can often be seen leading the charge while bolstering their allies.
  • Bonus Proficiencies (Level 3): The Commander gains proficiency in Intimidation and Insight.
  • Rousing Shout (Level 3): The Commander can use a bonus action to give all allies within 15' of themself advantage on their next attack roll until the start of their next turn.
  • Coordinated Defense (Level 7): When the Commander takes the Attack action, they can forgo one of their attacks to grant an ally within 15' Dodge until the start of the Commander's next turn.
  • Invigorating Shout (Level 10): Rousing Shout's range increases from 15' to 30'. Allies affected by Rousing Shout now also gain temporary hit points equal to the Commander's level for 1 minute.
snehFAlR53jZ07OXUyNVx57ioT1fdr8gAwSumAUR.png

The Hoodlum (Rogue):

When heads need crackin' and people beatin', Hoodlums are those you turn towards. These brutes may not be professional soldiers, but honor don't win you fights - violence does.
  • Mean Mug (Level 3): The Hoodlum gains proficiency in Intimidation, or expertise in Intimidation if they were already proficient.
  • The Right Tools (Level 3): The Hoodlum gains proficiency with martial weapons, medium armors and shields.
  • Heavy Beating (Level 3): The Hoodlum can use Sneak Attack even when using non-finesse melee weapons.
  • Menacing (Level 9): An enemy hit by the Hoodlum's Sneak Attack will have disadvantage on their attack rolls against the Hoodlum until the start of the Hoodlum's next turn.
RPTzdnLHSOb9SIc2LjsLmdLPxeVQ1ZAmgct74nn7.png

The Oath of Judgment (Paladin):

No sin should be overlooked, no matter how small - although punishment must also fit the crime. Relentless in their pursuit of justice, those who decide to stand in their way better be prepared.
  • Oath Spells: The Judgment Paladin gains the following Oath Spells: Guiding Bolt (3), Protection from Evil and Good (3), Enhance Ability (5), Hold Person (5), Hypnotic Pattern (9), Haste (9)
  • Channel Divinity: Weight of Justice (Level 3): The Judgment Paladin can use a bonus action to make their next melee weapon attack restrain their target for up to 1 minute (Charisma Saving Throw to negate at the end of each of their turn).
  • Channel Divinity: Purge Corruption (Level 3): The Judgment Paladin can use a bonus action to purge Blinded, Deafened, Paralyzed or Poisoned from an ally within 30'.
  • Aura of Righteousness (Level 7): All allies within 10' deal an additional amount of damage equal to the Judgment Paladin's proficiency modifier when making weapon attacks (same damage type than the weapon used to make the attack).
BhJ7S6ZwtzfzdPydbPE0lJT76Q85MfYAZOS2EbBH.png

The Mischief Domain (Cleric):

Mischief is a way of life for followers of Misaye. Expect them to do the unexpected with a sly smile on their lips, even when the Lady of Luck turns the tables on them.
  • Domain Spells: The Mischief Cleric gains the following Domain Spells: Charm Person (1), Expeditious Retreat (1), Blur (3), Invisibility (3), Hypnotic Pattern (5), Slow (5), Confusion (7), Greater Invisibility (7), Dominate Person (9), Hold Monster (9)
  • Trickster (Level 1): The Mischief Cleric gains proficiency in Stealth and Deception.
  • Borrowed Luck (Level 1): After failing a saving throw against a spell or magic effect, the Mischief Cleric can use their reaction to reroll that saving throw. If they succeed, they will have disadvantage on their next saving throw. Borrowed Luck cannot be used when the Mischief Cleric has disadvantage on their saving throw.
  • Channel Divinity: Strike of Chaos (Level 2): When hitting a target with a weapon attack, the Mischief Cleric can deal additional psychic damage and inflict a random condition for up to 1 minute (Wisdom Saving Throw to negate at the end of each of their turn)
  • Elusive Target (Level 6): When hit with a melee attack, the Mischief Cleric can use their reaction to gain Dodge and Disengage until the end of their next turn.
  • Divine Strike (Level 8): The Mischief Cleric deals additional psychic damage when making weapon attacks.
x66gHtg5oMk1tETQo6RjMjlh1Kvd8Ov04SZPu6Hx.png

The Court Mage (Wizard):

Court Mages were once the magical equivalent of elite bodyguards. Highly prized during the Manacalon era when society was ruled by magic, this tradition has slowly resurfaced in more recent years.
  • Always Prepared (Level 2): The Court Mage gains proficiency with shields and the Protection Fighting Style.
  • Spell Shield (Level 2): The Court Mage can use an action to create a powerful shield around themself and an ally within 30', granting both large amounts of temporary HP for up to 1 hour.
  • Counterspell Mastery (Level 6): The Court Mage gain advantage on their spellcasting checks when casting Counterspell. Additionally, enemies have disadvantage on their spellcasting checks when attempting to counterspell the Court Mage's spells.
  • Improved Spell Shield (Level 10): While under the protection of Spell Shield, creatures gain advantage on all saving throws against spells and magic effects. The magic remains for the full hour even if the Spell Shield reaches 0 HP.
knaMVj0fou3sVp04B8QCAOnlvsRm19aIQUofW2jj.png

The Swift Blade (Ranger):

Swift Blades are fast, silent and deadly. Originally trained to take down Manacalon arcanists in a matter of seconds and vanish, they often worked together with Green Mages with great success.
  • Quick Steps (Level 3): The Swift Blade's speed increase by 10'. Additionally, opportunity attacks are made against them with disadvantage when they Dash.
  • Blade Dance (Level 3): While dual wielding melee weapons, the Swift Blade gains +2 AC.
  • Battle Focus (Level 7): The Swift Blade can enter a heightened state of battle focus until the start of their next turn, dealing additional weapon damage every time they attack.
  • Extra Attack (2) (Level 11): The Swift Blade can attack three times whenever taking the Attack action.
OzSARHnsCsuPs27PCxNsBOc9oZPCmy7gPXEfZD8f.png

The Haunted Soul (Sorcerer):

Haunted Souls are sorcerers whose innate abilities draw malevolent spirits to them. Those who survive the ordeal form a symbiotic relationship, harnessing their power while having their soul slowly drained away.

• Origin Spells: The Haunted Soul gains the following Origin Spells: Inflict Wound (1), Ray of Enfeeblement (3), Fear (5), Phantasmal Killer (7), Mind Twist (9)
  • Spirit Visage (Level 1): The Haunted Soul can use a bonus action to inflict disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls on a target until the start of the Haunted Soul's next turn (Wisdom Saving Throw to negate)
  • Vengeful Spirits (Level 6): The Haunted Soul can a bonus action to call forth a 15' square area filled with vengeful spirits. Any hostile creature entering or starting their turn in the area takes necrotic damage (Charisma Saving Throw to halve). The Haunted Soul can use a bonus action to move the vengeful spirits by up to 30' on their turn.
LP6lK4ykVOO6muAj3h0UZ1PLihYi7Ubn6tabrHmz.png

The Path of the Claw (Barbarian):

It is an open secret that Barbarians of the Path of the Claw are the descendants of an old clan that mingled with dragons. Whenever they enter a rage, their ancestry comes rushing out and takes over their senses, allowing them to perform incredible feats of power.
  • Primal Calling: The Primal Calling DLC is required to unlock the Barbarian class and its subclasses.
  • Dragon Ancestry (Level 3): The Claw Barbarian must choose one type of dragon as their ancestor,. This choice will define the damage type associated with their other features.
  • Dragon Scales (Level 3): While raging, the Claw Barbarian gains +1 AC and resistance to the damage type of their ancestor.
  • Draconic Wrath (Level 6): The Claw Barbarian can use a bonus action to breath a 15' cone of elemental damage (Dexterity Saving Throw to halve).
  • Dragon's Blessing (Level 10): While raging, the Claw Barbarian gains additional elemental damage on their melee weapon attacks.
EZjaG0GtDjdxvnj9NSEeZ6YWuqWGjlG7qMzIrjy4.png

The Circle of Balance (Druid):

As the Cataclysm ravaged Solasta and mana vanished druids of the Circle of Balance tirelessly walked the land, following their one teaching: nature giveth, nature taketh away.
  • Primal Calling: The Primal Calling DLC is required to unlock the Druid class and its subclasses.
  • Circle Spells: The Balance Druid gains the following Circle Spells: Prayer of Healing (3), Calm Emotions (3), Mass Healing Word (5), Revivify (5), Banishment (7), Blight (7), Mass Cure Wounds (9), Cloudkill (9)
  • Gift of Life (Level 2): Whenever the Balance Druid use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore HP to a creature, they also heal an additional amount of HP equal to the Druid's level at the start of their next turn.
  • Survival of the Wisest (Level 6): The Balance Druid's spell DC and spell attack modifier increase with their knowledge level of the creatures they target.
  • Cold Embrace (Level 10): Whenever the Balance Druid damages their target with a spell, they become unable to heal any HP until the start of the Druid's next turn.
Alright folks, hope you enjoyed reading all that! Let's meet again tomorrow for the full patch notes, and in the meantime don't hesitate to drop by our Forums or our Discord Server.

Article by Tactical Myzzrym

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fireball is op if anything, it's far from pathetic.

Fireball is not be able to kill a group of weak enemies. I remember how I tried to fireball goblins and all survived. Was shocked. When used on stronger opponents fireball tends to take like 10% of HP.

Yep people here says that there are no hp bloat in 5E. Enemies has too much hp in 5E. In late game, there are enemies somehow able to be disintegrated twice.

Fireball is op if anything, it's far from pathetic.

Fireball and other spells are extremely weak in 5E.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Here we goooooooooo:

https://af.gog.com/game/solasta_crown_of_the_magister_lost_valley?as=1649904300

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/3481457

Lost Valley is now live! Full Patch Notes

Hey there folks!

Lost Valley is finally here, and with it comes a ton of free improvements such as the long awaited online multiplayer co-op mode. Also, if you have some friends that want in now you can play together, Solasta is -60% off and Primal Calling is -20% from April 14th 10Am PDT / 1 pm EDT / 7pm CEST on Steam until April 21st!

2 - 4 Player Online Multiplayer Co-op Mode (Free):
  • Free update to all players who own Solasta, no additional purchase required!
  • Compatible with both official campaigns (Crown of the Magister & Lost Valley) and Dungeon Maker custom campaigns.
  • All save files can be played both in single player and multiplayer (you can continue a multiplayer session alone or invite your friends to help you in a tough fight).
  • All content is synced with the host - if they own the DLCs, you will have access to them too while playing with them!
New Features (Free):
  • Spellcasting Chants: Your spellcasters are no longer mute when casting spells, and we’ve added an additional spellcasting animation to boot! (you can turn off chants in the option menu).
  • Crafting Feats: Tired of having to pick specific background in order to craft potions and magic items? We’ve added two feats to solve that problem!
  • Surprise System Overhaul: Now more faithful to the tabletop rules with individual perception checks for each surprised enemy, making fights more even!
  • Random Encounter Update: Instead of surprising / being surprised, random encounters will now often be fought more evenly with both parties aware of each other.
Dungeon Maker Upgrade (Free):
  • [Quest] Added a Quest Editor. Add quests to your Custom Campaigns to give players specific objectives and reward them with experience and items
  • [Dialog] Added a Dialog Editor. Give your Custom Adventures more charm and lore by adding multi-choice dialogs with NPCs
  • [Loot Table] Added a Loot Table Editor. Create your own loot tables for chests and monsters to control what the players get
  • [Monster] You can now change a Custom Monster's CR and add resistances / immunities
  • [Weapon] You can now fully customize weapons with additional damage dice, damage types, saving throws and even conditions
  • [Gadget] Added a multiple exit gadget that allows the player to choose which map they go to next
  • [Props] Added new props to existing environments, such as trap doors, destroyed furniture, corpse piles, rivers, towers...
New Level 1 - 12 Campaign (Lost Valley DLC required):
  • A replayable non linear story with multiple endings, as you will be the one deciding which faction to side with in order to escape the Valley.
  • Brand new environments to explore, Lost Valley does not take place in the same region as Crown of the Magister.
  • New foes to face, with iconic monsters such as Giants, Hags and Golems who will try to turn your party into mush.
9 New Subclasses (Lost Valley DLC required):

Detailed information about each subclass can be found in this thread

Dungeon Maker Additional Content (Lost Valley DLC required):
  • [Environments] Added 4 new environments from Lost Valley: Jungle, Swamp, Valley City & Valley Palace
  • [Monsters] Added new monsters from Lost Valley, such as Golems, Hags, Dryads etc...
General Improvements (Free):
  • You remember the one time that unlit torch on the wall succeeded its Dex Saving Throw against your Sacred Flame? Yea that's no longer possible, gadgets will now always fail their saving throw.
  • +1 and +2 versions of mauls, spears and crossbows are available at last! Now our dwarven weaponsmith will finally be able to go back to see their family.
  • Added Conjure Fey to the list of available spells. More creatures to summon! That couldn't possibly go wrong.
  • Damaged shared between the Druid and their Kindred Spirit is now shown in the combat log. Now you will no longer wonder when you lost all that health without ever being hit!
  • Redeemers now have a proper climbing animation instead of doing a UFO impersonation.
  • Druidic focus items can now be found in stores, druids rejoice!
  • Flying units can now move through crawl spaces. You no longer need to cancel Fly to crawl through that little hole!
  • Arrows and other projectiles are now automatically stacked when opening loot bags. That's our Invisible Servant at work here, pretty neat eh?
  • Added a Wand of Identify that costs 500 GP for those poor parties of adventurers who don't have access to this all so important spell.
  • High level casters will now prioritize using their more powerful AoE spells first, and cantrips usage priority has been lowered. Lower level casters will also do that if Deadly AI is activated.
  • Conjured Elementals no longer attack their summoner if the spell's concentration was broken willingly or if the spell duration runs out.
  • Detect Magic can now be cast directly when right-clicking items in the inventory
  • Charm Person is no longer completely overpowered in combat. It now forces a target to skip their turn as long as they fail their saving throw on their turn.
  • True Seeing now automatically reveal hidden objects.
  • Automatic critical hits on paralyzed creatures are now properly explained in the combat log.
  • Empty chests are now greyed out in the Blueprint (Minimap). You no longer need to remember what you already looted and what you haven't looted yet!
  • Added new textures to +1 and +2 Studded Leather Armors
General Bug Fixes (Free):
  • Fixed Druids not being granted Quest XP if they were in Wildshape form. I mean to be fair, how were the quest givers supposed to know they had to give a share of experience to that weird bear accompanying the party?
  • Polished the jump and climb animations of Druids when in Bear form, which looked a little wonky.
  • Removed non-functional Eyebite scrolls from the game, and fixed the name of True Seeing, Freezing Sphere and Circle of Death scrolls.
  • Some monsters had wrong attack modifiers / AC and other values when compared with their attributes. Those little cheaters. Fixed.
  • Fixed some weapons not being properly oriented when held in characters' left hand.
  • Wall of Thorns now properly deal slashing damage instead of piercing damage. Why? BECAUSE THAT'S IN THE BOOK, THAT'S WHY.
  • Fixed the crafting panel not showing everything properly when multiple items finished crafting at the same time.
  • Soraks and Werewolves now properly get disadvantage on their saves against Moonbeam. Because that's what the spell's good against. Shapeshifters.
  • Fixed Kindred Spirit's stats being based on the Druid's animal form if summoned while Wildshaped.
  • Spike Growth no longer affect flying creatures. Because everyone knows Flying-type creatures are immune to Ground Attacks.
  • Fixed Brutal Critical not using the versatile damage die when relevant.
  • Fixed conjured creatures sometimes appearing as "Unknown" because their own caster was too dumb to know what they summoned.
  • Accidently dragging and dropping an item to the same slot it was already in no longer consumes your action.
  • Elves and Half-Elves just remembered that Hypnotic Pattern is considered a Charm Effect and that they should have advantage to saves against that spell.
  • Action Surge can longer be used when incapacitated as the only thing it allowed you to do was twice the amount of nothing.
  • The DM has started to keep track of magic item charges, players can thus no longer keep using magic items while out of charges.
  • After re-reading the rules for the hundredth time, the DM also realized that using a spell scroll should prevent the caster to cast a bonus action spell in the same turn. No cheating!
  • Multiple damage resistances / damage vulnerabilities of the same type no longer stack.
  • Cancelling a proxy action with the Escape Key will now correctly refund the action.
  • Fixed Uncanny Accuracy sometimes not working properly for Ranged Weapons and Ranged Magic Attacks.
  • Wand of Winter now correctly casts Ice Storm instead of Blight and Wand of Blight now correctly casts Blight instead of Ice Storm.
  • Flaming Sphere now correctly gets upcasted when casted by a Shock Arcanist
  • Fixed some high level features / spells such as Volley or Eyebite not triggering battles when used on unsuspected enemies. What was that? Must have been the wind.
  • Fixed Barbarian's rage resistance not correctly working against magical slashing, bludgeoning and piercing damage.
  • Fixed Protection from Evil which was working regardless of the enemy creature type. Should have been named Protection from Pretty Much Everything.
  • Fixed Calm Emotion not working properly on allies.
  • Fixed pre-made Barbarian Preka somehow possessing the Protection Fighting Style. This change only applies if you delete your existing Preka character file from the folder though.
  • Fixed Ogres throwing their mace instead of their javelins. I mean granted Ogres are stupid, but not THAT stupid.
  • Fixed Hunter's Mark working with Magic Missile, turning any enemy into swiss cheese.
  • Fixed Detect Magic not properly requiring Concentration.
  • Fixed Arcane Fury not being properly applied to Sunbeam.
  • Fixed Staff of Healing not granting the caster ability bonus that it should.
  • Fixed Pendant of the Healer being permanently stuck at zero charge. Surprisingly the players did not find this as funny as the DM did.
  • Fixed concentration spells breaking when Druids would lose their Wildshape form.
  • Fixed Wildshaped Druids sometimes become completely undetectable by enemies when stealth.
  • Fixed Magic Weapon being able to target magical weapons, which did absolutely NOTHING. YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR!
  • Fixed any buff / debuff being instantly dispelled the moment the party entered the world map, instead of running its normal duration.
  • Fixed Scrolls sometimes not being usable by casters even though they were part of their domain / oath spell list.
  • Goodberries can no longer be cast on the world map if the casting conditions aren't met (such as not having a focus equipped)
  • Fixed Preserve Life being able to target creatures above 50% HP even though it only worked on creatures below 50% HP
  • Fixed being able to cast Levitate or Fly on already flying creatures.
  • Fixed grapple characters sometimes not being released from the grapple even after the creature's death. Damn those Remorhaz have strong jaws.
  • Fixed Chain Lightning not prioritizing enemies when seeking additional targets. Melee classes rejoice.
  • Fixed moving an enemy up or down with Levitate being a free action, leading to very fun tactics such as the "Deep Fryer" where the caster would repeatedly dunk an enemy in and out of damaging area spells such as Wall of Thorns.
  • Fixed a few cases where an enemy would freeze in combat for several seconds before starting to act again.
  • Fixed... oh lord that one is pretty bad. Fixed the Surprise System in the World Map being inverted. Basically what used to happen is that if your party rolled better than the monsters, you would end up surprised instead - and vice-versa, monsters would end up surprised if they rolled better than the party. This is why late game when your party's perception score became higher and higher you would end up getting surprised more and more often - even more if you were traveling at a slow pace.
  • Fixed a few cases where enemies would run back and forth like headless cockatrices
  • Fixed dwarves holding crossbows wrong. Don't ask me why, apparently they just didn't know how to properly hold their crossbow. Must have skipped crossbow holding classes.
  • Removed Large Monster repellent from stairs which made Large Monsters unable to walk up and down stairs in the past
  • Creatures will now play their idle animation after their emote in the bestiary to avoid excessive movement while looking at their stats.
  • Unconscious characters no longer have the right to roll perception against characters in stealth.
  • Fixed Berserkers being permanently in Reckless mode. Yes they be angry, but everyone needs to chill out from time to time.
  • Fixed Gold Dragons not being immune to fire. What is this travesty?!
  • Fixed Druids and Sorcerers previously not being able to use Wand of Lightning Bolt
  • Fixed Spiritual Weapon action remaining visible even after being used during the turn.
  • Fixed Heat Metal adding a duplicate condition every time it was reapplied, granting the target a nice garland of Heat Metal icons on their profile.
  • Fixed Heroism being able to target enemies.
  • Fixed the Dodge button sometimes remaining visible even after being used.
  • Fixed Black Tentacles previously not requiring concentration.
  • Fixed Guiding Bolt not showing any visible light on the target, even though it provides dim light.
  • Fixed a rare freeze that could happen if a character that is already dying receives more than their max HP in damage in a single strike.
  • Fixed an exploit where Paladins could use an infinite amount of level 1 slots for free smites. You get a smite! And you get a smite! Everyone gets a smite!
  • Fixed Protection from Energy lasting 24h instead of a single hour.
  • Fixed casting spells from scrolls sometimes not taking into account the caster's spellcasting attribute.
  • Fixed being able to kill your computer when casting multiple unoptimized Faerie Fire. Since Revivify don't work on computers, we decided to optimize Faerie Fire instead.
  • Fixed not being able to cast Acid Splash on adjacent enemies if one of them is large.
  • Fixed not being able to mark Brightwall Shield as a focus
  • Fixed being able to interact with invisible statues during a certain fight which may or may not involve a dragon in CotM
  • Fixed Hurl Flame from Create Flame not being able to be readied as a Cantrip.
Dungeon Maker Bug Fixes / Improvements (Free):
  • [Gadget] Added a gadget to remove NPCs from the map
  • [Gadget] Added a virtual exit gadget that allows the party to exit the map by interacting with it
  • [Gadget] Added a teleporter gadget to teleport characters within the same map
  • [Gadget] Exit gadgets can now be activated / deactivated
  • [Gadget] Entry activators can now interact with other gadgets
  • [Gadget] Stepping on a plate activator will now behave as a toggle (instead of having to stay on the plate)
  • [Lore] Lore texts are now recorded into the Journal and can have custom display durations
  • [Items] Added some missing Primed Items
  • Campaigns / Dungeons uploaded without an image will now default to a Solasta Logo
  • Separated the campaign description field into 2 fields: description (campaign lore) and technical info (information for the player)
  • Full item name will now appear as tooltip when hovering items in chests
  • Activator plates will now be highlighted when Alt is pressed
  • Disabled gadgets no longer highlight when pressing Alt
  • Fixed an issue where traps would not activate properly
  • Fixed an issue that could happen when merchant inventories contained no items
  • Fixed an issue that happened where multiple campaign shared the same name
  • Fixed Cabinets not having collision
  • Fixed Custom Saving Throws & Ability Checks display
  • Fixed an issue where some housing props were not properly aligned in the "Town" environment
  • Fixed all lootpacks showing "CR 0"
Known Issues:
  • If you get the following error message when trying to start a Multiplayer Campaign "Error loading: Could not recover the necessary multiplayer information from other players", make sure to check your computer's clock time. If it's not synchronized properly with real time the security token generated may be invalid, thus locking you out of playing online.
  • There's an exploit where you can recruit a key character (a prisoner) too early during the DLC campaign, which makes the game go a little banana if it happens.
  • Under certain conditions, the end game cutscene only partially plays out (missing a part) and you will be stuck on a black screen instead of going back to the main menu (you will still be considered having completed the game).
  • In a certain boss fight, if the combat doesn't end because a guard is still fighting but you can't find him, he's hidden in a room and you will need to loot the key on the corpse the boss before opening that room.
  • Do not add characters such as / or \ in your character's name, it will render the character file invalid.
  • Borrowed Luck (Mischief Domain) can be used even when rolling a saving throw with disadvantage
  • Elusive Target (Mischief Domain) can sometimes last an additional round
  • The area covered by Vengeful Spirits (Haunted Soul) cannot be crossed by player characters
Alright folks, time for you to head into Lost Valley! If you're looking for people to play multiplayer co-op with, make sure to drop by our Discord Server to meet new friends!

Article by Tactical Myzzrym

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The guy on the "poster" looks dangerously close to Gauldoth Half-Dead. But I doubt anyone cares enough even remember that one.

In theory, excited about the multiplayer part.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom