Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Miner 2049er

Scholar
Please oh please post a screenshot of that party. Sounds hilarious.

Okay, here they come:

NEW_KIDS_TURBO2.jpg
Yeah, I have that 5 player characters mod.

Last edited:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
What do you mean ? The second link is my actual group.

My bad. I tend not to click links to google drive. I admit, I thought it was a link to a mod. Your group is actually not that bad looking. Did you have to spend a decent amount of time in the character gen? Castaneda is my favorite of the bunch.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Okay I will concede that the game is pretty good now with the current patch and the community expansion. Just a shame about the faces. No, seriously, I'm not saying this as some sort of meme; most monsters look great but then you have humanoids that look like play-doh figures.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Okay I will concede that the game is pretty good now with the current patch and the community expansion. Just a shame about the faces. No, seriously, I'm not saying this as some sort of meme; most monsters look great but then you have humanoids that look like play-doh figures.
I realized I needed psychiatric help when, after 100 hours of playing the game, I started to find 2 of the female face models attractive.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I realized I needed psychiatric help when, after 100 hours of playing the game, I started to find 2 of the female face models attractive.
That's just Stockholm Syndrome. Soon, even the male faces will have their own special allure.

Daidre

Arcane
At least this game particular sort of ugliness got double nostalgy points from me - Solasta's faces, animations and models were definitely inspired by Obsidian's failed efforts from NWN 2 while it's perfectly square hills, cliffs and ledges bring back warm memories of NWN 1 and it's unmistakable terrain from the year twenty zero zero.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.solasta-game.com/news/156-solasta-1-year-anniversary-stream-giveaways-may-25th

SOLASTA 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY STREAM + GIVEAWAYS - MAY 25TH

Hey there y'all,

It will soon be 1 year since the 1.0 release of Solasta: Crown of the Magister! We'll be hosting a Dev Stream for the occasion, this time at the studio with various members of the team dropping by so you can get to know the people behind Solasta a bit better. Get ready to ask your questions... and to answer some as well! Oh and, it's been ages since we last shared a cat picture. Here is one to sooth your soul.

nxPkLlQknvn1aqvvHipKeWMYuHYJEnNFDC9kCHUk.jpeg

This little lady is currently at the vet being treated, we all hope she'll be coming back to us healthy soon!

Dev Stream with the Team - Wednesday, May 25th

We'll be streaming live on Twitch on Wednesday May 25th, starting at 8:00 am PDT / 11:00 am EDT / 5:00 pm CEST. Join the Tactical Adventures crew as we take a trip down memory lane, talking with various members of the team and exposing fun facts about Solasta during its development. But that's not all...

We'll be also hosting a huge giveaway during the stream (at random intervals), so make sure you're following us on Twitch to not miss it!
  • We'll be drawing a random viewer to win a full version of Solasta on Steam (Base Game + Primal Calling + Lost Valley). There will be a total of 10 winners for these Steam Keys!
  • We'll also be asking questions about Solasta and the 5e ruleset in general, with those answering fastest winning a prized Solasta Sourcebook signed by a few members of the team. There will be a total of 5 winners for these Sourcebooks! (keep in mind they'll probably take some time to arrive since we'll have to ship them)

We'll be taking questions from the chat, so don't be shy and ask away!

SPL04KkPJNkUL9AN1O5qeUr5SxMPdtRn9GQKyuPO.jpeg

Signing in progress! There will be more when you receive the book

Alright folks, this is the end for today! Thank you for reading, and don't hesitate to drop by our Discord Server.

Recent patches: https://www.solasta-game.com/news/154-patch-notes-version-1353
https://www.solasta-game.com/news/154-patch-notes-version-1353

Sacibengala

Prophet
This game have a manual with the spell list in it? I really liked how they made the descriptions concise to read and understand without the bloating writeup of wotc.

jf8350143

Liturgist
So how is the itemization in the lost valley?

I recall play the base game for around 10 hours and get almost no magical equipment at all.

Angriph

Novice
I finished the main campaign at 40h and I would say it's definitely worth it. Just be aware that there are only a couple of beard models that look decent enough, the rest are cringeworthy. The campaign itself is simple but fun, a bit lacking in cinematics and storytelling. The dungeons actually look good, the worst looking part are the cities and you can tell it's because these were made with the same assets offered in the dungeon maker.

The next game on my list was Tyranny and man it's a pain to play it after the excellent combat and ui of Solasta. A different era.

I played in the normal difficulty and it was on the easy side after level 2 or 3.

I am waiting on the Lost Valley to get fixed a little more. I tried the Temple usermade module and it's well done but I am not fan of its very narrow corridors and masses of low hp enemies but apparently it's faithful to the original pnp module.

Miner 2049er

Scholar
So how is the itemization in the lost valley?

I recall play the base game for around 10 hours and get almost no magical equipment at all.

Even if you get magical item, it is very boring, like +1 mace.

Lost Valley campaign, party level 9 and I found one +2 item. That's a strenght in my book. I don't wanna be covered in ten +5 swords from one single combat encounter.

Question: I can select a feat every 4 levels and after level 8 my charcaters have almost all of the interesting ones. Is this a Solasta or a 5th edition thing ?

And wtf: The game still doesn't save my gfx settings ?!

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Question: I can select a feat every 4 levels and after level 8 my charcaters have almost all of the interesting ones. Is this a Solasta or a 5th edition thing ?
Both. 5E has a longer list of (generally better) feats, but you don't usually want more than one or two of them. However, this shouldn't be a problem, since improving your abilities should be your priority.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom