Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So whats the deal with the followers you can pick up in Lost Valley. I have Lord Hammond tagging along but he doesn't level up, doesn't speak and I don't know how to get rid of him short of having him die.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Answering survey. Seems like for Solasta devs, every D&D CRPG which I've played except Dark Sun : Shattered lands(lv 3~9) and Eye of the Beholder 1 is "epic level". I recently ended Ravenloft : Strahd possession at lv 11 and then imported my save to Stone prophet which ended on lv 13.

I don't think that lv 12+ works well in 5E. In later levels, Solasta fells like almost a Oblivion style slog. But the class which I like to see the most is obvious warlock. Repealing blast + Eldritch blast in a game full of vertilicaty seems amazing.

3kynEHV.png

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Answering survey. Seems like for Solasta devs, every D&D CRPG which I've played except Dark Sun : Shattered lands(lv 3~9) and Eye of the Beholder 1 is "epic level". I recently ended Ravenloft : Strahd possession at lv 11 and then imported my save to Stone prophet which ended on lv 13.

2E and 5E are far different beasts in terms of progression and level scaling. You've noted this yourself on innumerable occasions, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Converting those campaigns would involve a level squish, other than the truly epic campaigns (e.g. MOTB, BG2, etc.).

Mortmal

Arcane

I don't think that lv 12+ works well in 5E. In later levels, Solasta fells like almost a Oblivion style slog. But the class which I like to see the most is obvious warlock. Repealing blast + Eldritch blast in a game full of vertilicaty seems amazing.

3kynEHV.png

High level adventures can work, but i doubt they could manage it since even current encounters are not challenging. My greatest grief with solasta is the uniimited rests, everything was trivial in the last DLC.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
(e.g. MOTB, BG2, etc.).

BG1 is low to mid level, BG2 is mid to high level, but yes, considering how enemies lost really nasty abilities, you would need to reduce PC levels if you are adapting most 2E and 3E stuff in 5E. Ravenloft Strahd possession vampires and other mid/high tier undead tends to have really nasty abilities, like being able to inflict negative levels.

I could't imagine a way to beat this game without at least a cleric in your party. Everything else, thieves, mages or fighters are disposable. Negative plane protection and turn undead are must have stuff.

My greatest grief with solasta is the uniimited rests,

Agreed. KoTC2 style limited rests would be a :incline:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.solasta-game.com/news/157-solasta-future-dlc-survey-whats-next

SOLASTA FUTURE DLC SURVEY: WHAT'S NEXT?

Heya folks!

It's been a year since Solasta 1.0 launched on Steam, and what a great year it was! From adding the Sorcerer, Barbarian, Druid & Half-Orc, to increasing the level cap from 10 to 12, to adding Quests, Dialogs, Monsters & Items Editors in the Dungeon Maker, to releasing a full new campaign with Lost Valley...

But we're not done quite yet! And that's why as we've always done in the past, we want to hear your opinion to make sure we're creating the game both with you and for you, so take the short survey now!

And don't worry - we are and will always be fixing bugs when we can, even if we're working on larger updates or DLCs!

Survey Link

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

3kynEHV.png

I had the same lol. 5-10 is the sweet spot for having enough toys to play with. I do like low-level, but only in the context of anticipation of more toys to play with in a larger game, and I doubt they're actually going to do another 1-10 adventure. "Epic" - meh, you're always getting into a situation where you lose sight of the "basics" and developers' imaginations start either scraping the bottom of the barrel or jumping the shark.

Fedora Master - I had the same for that too, though more politely worded. :)

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Out of the three new proposed races only the gnomes are ok in my book.

The tieflings are the new drow, - the race of choice for every special snowflake Mary Sue.
I don't care for them myself, but at least I can see who would pick them to play.

But can someone explain the appeal of the fucking Dragonborns?
They are the most retarded race that exists in D&D (and it already has the elves of all flavors), why there are so many people want them added?

mediocrepoet

Patron

The tieflings are the new drow, - the race of choice for every special snowflake Mary Sue.
I don't care for them myself, but at least I can see who would pick them to play.

They are the most retarded race that exists in D&D (and it already has the elves of all flavors), why there are so many people want them added?

Replying just to agree with this more.
:bro::bro::bro:

Especially the dragonborn. I've hated that race since the first time I saw it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The question regarding controller support tells me what direction they're going with this and it ain't ours.

Yeah, totally. Because if people reply putting it at the bottom, that won't impact their decisions.

If. Knowing modern CRPG "gamers" they very much want controller support.

Furries.
Not fucking the dragonborns, the fucking dragonborns.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Simple :

J3kWpOP.png

Some power gamers players like to play as Mari sue half dragons in 3.5E. And in 5E, they decided to make a race to attract this people. Some games inspired by 3.5E like DDO did included this race and is one of the most popular paid races.

Agreed that gnomes are the best race. But disagree about drow. Anyone who played 5E can confirm here if DROW has the ridiculous benefits which it had in 2E? Mainly to resist magic? And the crippling weakness vs light? If this weakness exists in 5E and the AI is smart to use drow weaknesses against drow, it can be interesting. As having your cleric casting daylight against vampires would put your drow at disadvantage too.

If drow comes without the disadvantage of drows, then yes, they are merely Mari Sue elves. And people should distrust them hence they should have penalty(disadvantage) in all social checks. They are from a race famous for raiding surface and enslaving populations, living in a very evil society near abominations.

BTW, one of my favorite side characters in Baldur's Gate saga is Drizzt, a drow. And yes, he appears in other games Menzoberranzan and you can even have him in your party for a short time. A lv 15 ranger with two +3 weapons in a game where you probably will end up at lv 10~13 depending on the class is incredible powerful.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Patron
BTW, one of my favorite side characters in Baldur's Gate saga is Drizzt, a drow. And yes, he appears in other games Menzoberranzan and you can even have him in your party for a short time. A lv 15 ranger with two +3 weapons in a game where you probably will end up at lv 10~13 depending on the class is incredible powerful.

Holy shit. You like Drizzt? And you're admitting it??

What is this site coming to?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom