Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Got a new Graphic card and this game on maxed out graphics with all the lighting etc, when you are indoors and scrolled out looks pretty damn nice actually. Had stopped playing it for awhile..obviously the faces and scrolled in do not look as good..... but played as an isometric dungeon crawler on maxed out graphics the game looks pretty good, anyway..back to finishing game.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Got a new Graphic card and this game on maxed out graphics with all the lighting etc, when you are indoors and scrolled out looks pretty damn nice actually. Had stopped playing it for awhile..obviously the faces and scrolled in do not look as good..... but played as an isometric dungeon crawler on maxed out graphics the game looks pretty good, anyway..back to finishing game.
Their mistake was using that awful dialogue screen and cutscenes, the models as a whole are awful. As seem in distant view, the game actually looks nice, I agree.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1096530/view/3359135585342508051

Patch Notes - Version 1.3.57

Hey there everyone,
Guess who's back with more bug fixes!

Changelog
  • Fixed (again) the issue where people where getting locked in the city. With no exit. Forever. You can't leave us, adventurers.
  • Fixed the endgame cutscene bugging out if you kill both Ving and Orenetis, you happy little murderhobos.
  • Plant-type monsters now correctly have disadvantage to their saving throw against Blight. Now would be a good time to tell you I'm so bad with plants that I had a cactus die on me. Not my fault though.
  • Fixed unidentified +1 Crossbow having no description. Allan please add details.
  • Fixed being able to go above level 12 in the campaign Crown of the Magister. Now I know what you're thinking, but you didn't gain anything by going above level 12. These are not the levels you're looking for.
  • Killing Cafrain now prevents The Conquest quest from starting. Because he's already dead, so... yea.
  • Fixed another instance where you could be locked in the city if you managed to become Hated by The People faction during the quest Rescuing Reya. This also fixes the black screen that would occur if you tried to enter the Middle City in the same situation.
  • Arwin Merton's Story Cutscene will no longer trigger in Crown of the Magister if you failed all secondary quests required for it to trigger.
  • Dungeon Maker: Fixed many pathing issues that were caused by faulty prefabs.
  • Multiplayer: Fixed being able to save during invalid moments which could create faulty save files.
  • Fixed an exploit where you could magically duplicate stack items, breaking the economy harder than Fabricate on tabletop.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when casting Dominate Person on a Druid
  • Multiplayer: Fixed some desynchronizations that could occur when opening your inventory and drag & dropping items to a near-overencumbered ally.
  • The "Free Action" is no longer consumed during combat when you start moving an item but decide not to instead. Ah, good ol' Free Action, how I missed you.
  • Fixed Chaos Beckons achievement, it can now be achieved! Which is the entire point of achievements! Huzzah!
  • CotM: Fixed more errors related to Tower of Magic / Fortress of the Shield.
  • Dungeon Maker: Fixed using waypoints transporting the party to an empty world map.
  • Spirit Wolves can now climb again. We fixed their little legs and paws.

DemonKing

Arcane
Finished Lost Valley today. Feels a bit like a NWN mod at times and I actually had to stop playing at one stage until they patched out some of the bugs but it was fun enough to keep me going to the end once they got it to an acceptable state.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Finished this today.

It's the first game I've finished for some time, so that speaks for itself. The enjoyment I got out of it was definitely more gratifying when I played ironman, and if I did so there were about two or three places in the game I would probably have died and would have drastically lengthened the play time. I'm not sure about instant death puzzles someone was talking about, but it's a nice feature of constant auto-saving that when you make an obvious blunder it is easy enough to roll back.

It did feel that with higher levels the developers were trying to stretch out the amount of encounters in between rests (the final lava forest encounter had me shitting bricks when it started, but actually was very easy to handle - no doubt unloading on the tree spiders was not necessary for first encounter, but I think Infinitron said they were difficult :M). Then right after in the dark cave they go back to designing a long rest as a pitstop between encounters. What's up with that? At least ramp up difficulty consistently. The final stretch was actually quite easy, although my wizard was spent in the very final HODL encounter. I also had only one dragon "help" me there in the end by landing on my own units all the time, so no idea why some talk about two dragons?

The game is definitely more difficult low level.

I'm considering the DLC when it goes on sale, played this all with my gamepass subscription.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

Blutwurstritter

Learned
How does the Lost Valley DLC compare to the base game? Is it of better, worse or comparable quality? Some reviews say its buggy, is that still a problem?

Mortmal

Arcane
Out of the three new proposed races only the gnomes are ok in my book.

The tieflings are the new drow, - the race of choice for every special snowflake Mary Sue.
I don't care for them myself, but at least I can see who would pick them to play.

But can someone explain the appeal of the fucking Dragonborns?
They are the most retarded race that exists in D&D (and it already has the elves of all flavors), why there are so many people want them added?

Replying just to agree with this more.
:bro::bro::bro:

Especially the dragonborn. I've hated that race since the first time I saw it.
Same, i like draconians, not dragonborns.

Miner 2049er

Scholar
How does the Lost Valley DLC compare to the base game? Is it of better, worse or comparable quality? Some reviews say its buggy, is that still a problem?

Blutwurst, die Kampagne ist weniger linear. Das Lategame ist wohl noch ziemlich buggy, aber ich hatte keine nennenswerte Probleme.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

A bit worse. Have same problems as main campaign. Boring plot, boring quests, "ambushes" by monsters that makes you reload. Combat is ok.

DemonKing

Arcane

The main campaign was slightly better in that they did a lot of world-building whereas the DLC is literally in a hidden walled-off part of the world so there isn't much that goes on there that's related to what they established in the main game. The combat is still the game's main selling point as the voice acting remains pretty wooden and the writing average. There are still some annoyances from the main game like the fact you have no idea of the properties of any items you craft meaning you can craft a lot of stuff that has an impressive sounding name but ends up having a pretty minor effect.

It was pretty buggy on release but they seem to have ironed most of that out now.

rojay

Scholar
It's the best 5th edition, turn-based combat game you can get right now. That's a low bar, but still.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It's the UNIQUE 5th edition, turn-based combat game you can get right now. That's a low bar, but still.

Fixed for you.

About Solasta, not as an CRPG but as an Setting, I would say that I liked a bit. I mean, is not as great as the Realms of Dread, Dark Sun, Eberron, Birthright, Mystara(...) but is best than "sword coast". Sword Coast is ok, but we already saw it in 645468488496 games.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Level design and monsters are much better in the DLC. The levels are much bigger and there's a lot less dialogue, which is a plus in a game with atrocious dilogue such as this one. The monsters are much better in comparison as well. Didn't finished it yet, though.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
It's the UNIQUE 5th edition, turn-based combat game you can get right now. That's a low bar, but still.

Fixed for you.

About Solasta, not as an CRPG but as an Setting, I would say that I liked a bit. I mean, is not as great as the Realms of Dread, Dark Sun, Eberron, Birthright, Mystara(...) but is best than "sword coast". Sword Coast is ok, but we already saw it in 645468488496 games.
Solasta's setting would have been better as Dragonlance rather than merely ripping off Dragonlance. Could even have been set in the relatively distant future, long after the War of the Lance, so that the re-appearance of Soraks Sivaks and other draconians is a surprise. :M

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Blutwurst, die Kampagne ist weniger linear. Das Lategame ist wohl noch ziemlich buggy, aber ich hatte keine nennenswerte Probleme.
Klingt gut, kleinere Bugs stören mich nicht, es sei denn man muss Großteile des Spiels wiederholen.

A bit worse. Have same problems as main campaign. Boring plot, boring quests, "ambushes" by monsters that makes you reload. Combat is ok.
More of the same is ok especially if combat didn't get worse.

The main campaign was slightly better in that they did a lot of world-building whereas the DLC is literally in a hidden walled-off part of the world so there isn't much that goes on there that's related to what they established in the main game. The combat is still the game's main selling point as the voice acting remains pretty wooden and the writing average. There are still some annoyances from the main game like the fact you have no idea of the properties of any items you craft meaning you can craft a lot of stuff that has an impressive sounding name but ends up having a pretty minor effect.

It was pretty buggy on release but they seem to have ironed most of that out now.

I didn't mind voice acting or the funny faces but did they make no improvements to any mechancis?

Level design and monsters are much better in the DLC. The levels are much bigger and there's a lot less dialogue, which is a plus in a game with atrocious dilogue such as this one. The monsters are much better in comparison as well. Didn't finished it yet, though.
I like to hear that combat improved.

It seems that people that played the main game also finished the dlc and were not repulsed by it. Thanks for the input everyone, I will get the dlc.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More classes incoming in the future. Bard, Monk and Warlock. The sly devils will probably charge money for each class, seoarately.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister/posts/3525709

Warlock, Bard & Monk Community Subclass Design Event

b74f3e3a7620192c8ccca9c1afcbefa3_original.png

Hello there folks!

Although we only had the budget and manpower to release Solasta 1.0 with 6 classes (7 with the Sorcerer), we've always hoped we'd be able to one day have all the official classes implemented in-game. And with your constant support and positive reception, we can confirm at last that the last three classes are indeed coming in a yet undisclosed date in the future! But that's not all. Those of you who've followed us for some time know that we've always worked hand in hand with our community - and today we are once again showing that it is a promise we keep. It is time... For a new Wishing Well Event, this time for the Warlock, Bard & Monk!

d675a30c14bb78c25a3ab1e779717faf_original.png

What is the Wishing Well?
The Wishing Well is an event where everyone gets to submit design ideas for the Community Subclasses that we’ll implement in-game for remaining classes – one for the Warlock, one for the Bard and one for the Monk. Just like the Stone Barbarian and the Wind Druid (you can find the previous results here), these community subclasses will be available when the classes are released in our next DLC.

We (Tactical Adventures) will be going through the submissions to select ideas that we find really cool, and either implement them as such, or tweak them to fit the game (for instance if the feature sounds really great but is too complex to implement, we’ll adapt or simplify it). The name (or nickname) of those we’ll use ideas from will be added in the game’s credits as Community Designers, and they will also receive an exclusive title on our Discord Server, a Steam Key for our next DLC as well as the PDF of the Solasta Sourcebook.

When is the Wishing Well taking place?
The Wishing Well starts now and ends on Sunday June 19th 2022 at 11:59 pm PDT.

67679ae787ccbb12a2a93665271e0377_original.png

What are the rules of the Wishing Well?
  • Please only participate once per person, i.e. 1 submission maximum per class
  • Please do not submit existing designs taken either from official sourcebooks or existing homebrew (unless it’s your own homebrew and you’re willing to share of course)
  • You do not need to submit a complete design – for instance, if you have cool ideas for a level 3 and level 6 features, but nothing for level 10 and 14, you can still submit something!
  • Please note that by participating, you agree to Tactical Adventures using the content you submitted. The legal guidelines can be found here, if you’re proficient in legalese and want to dig into the documents. Long story short: If you submit something, you allow us to use it!
  • Please note that we may adapt and modify the design you submitted
  • Please note that we may select features from different submissions to create both community subclasses (as in, picking a level 3 feature from one submission, and a level 6 feature from another one…)
How do I participate to the Wishing Well?
Simply submit your ideas in this Google Form!

How will I know if my submission is selected?
Before releasing the DLC (date not yet revealed), we will announce which ideas we selected (and some personal favorites as well) in a news post just like this one – and the name or nickname you put in the Google Form will also be added to the in-game credits as Community Designer.

80202db515ace44e723b545d20417a6e_original.png

Alright folks, this is the end for today! As always thank you for reading, we can’t wait to see what crazy ideas you have in mind! Also, check out our Forums and our Discord Server to chat with other players!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Does someone know what spells stack with Barbarians Unarmored Defense(Dex + Con Bonus to AC when wearing no armor)? I expected the spell Mage Armor to work with it, but I ended up lowering my barbarians defense... Does it fail with all spells that adjust AC or is Mage Armor an outlier?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom