Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

FriendlyMerchant

Why are the lady characters in this game still ugly?

Heredity. It's an alternate universe of fuggos.
Can we get the lore retconned so we can have attractive waifus? I want to play a Halfling (still no Gnomes...) wizard with his harem of hot fighter wifes and I can't with them being so ugly.

Sarathiour

Cipher
And it made me find lots of interesting characters which I never heard before Drizzt is one of them and has a pretty interesting story. He is a freaking high level army slaying guy and yet he is very humble. He reefers to himself as "a young warrior, in training".
I am saving this for posterity so that years from now I can check if this is the dumbest thing I ever read on this site.

Wisdom is reflecting upon the current P&P scene and admitting that " you know, maybe Drizzt wasn't that bad after all".

I admit I used to read then novel when I was a teenager, it had this corny charm that is very appealing when you are an edgy young boy that want to rebel against society.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wisdom is reflecting upon the current P&P scene and admitting that " you know, maybe Drizzt wasn't that bad after all".
Enlightenment is ignoring the scene in its entirety.
I admit I used to read then novel when I was a teenager, it had this corny charm that is very appealing when you are an edgy young boy that want to rebel against society
I will take your word for it, having only read the comic version.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I should have one or two around, I bought them for dirt cheap in a library that was destocking.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Why are lady characters in most games in present time are ugly?

Mass Effect: Andromeda, Horizon: Zero Down etc.
Obviously because those games are developed by ugly fat women who can't stand to see any women who are at least average looking because they could never compete.
For Horizon: Zero Dawn, the problem wasn't the character artists, as demonstrated by the concept art for the protagonist:

augjqo.png

t5ty8l.png

Also, judging by the names in Mobygames' credits, both the character artists and anyone who could have overruled them were male.

DemonKing

Arcane
Why are the lady characters in this game still ugly?

Obviously because those games are developed by ugly fat women who can't stand to see any women who are at least average looking because they could never compete.

They do seem to forget that the core audience for games are still white, hetero males who if they have to play a female character at least want one with a shapely butt to stare at while they play.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

both the character artists and anyone who could have overruled them were male.

This seems to confirm my thoughts then: the devs are a combination of gay men who don't care and incels who don't want their immersion broken by presenting a woman with unattainable looks, so they make a fuggo they think they might actually be able to score with.

jackofshadows

Magister
Rather hopeless brainwashed cucks who are afraid that some random ugly woman may take offence if she see an attractive female character. So they uglify them just in case. I don't beleive that beaty standarts has actually dropped by this much in the west just yet. Anyway, I'd love to know the real reasoning behind this trend and Zero Dawn case specifically. Woke crowd/screeching fems is one thing but now it seems there's more than that.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

I admit I used to read then novel when I was a teenager, it had this corny charm that is very appealing when you are an edgy young boy that want to rebel against society.
Drizzt was the beginning of decline.

Dark elves are an evil race. They should be evil. Some writer decided to cry about this and make a Mary Sue negro elf who's actually good and basically has super powers. Gay.

Lorebrok

Educated
They keep updating the game and all the major bugs we had (desync a lot, crashes) seem to be gone. Good stuff. Still, we lost interest halfway through which is a shame because the game is solid. Will probably continue solo playthrough. Imo turn based games with 4 players are a slog.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Finished both. The base game and dlc. Both seems pretty incomplete, to be honest. Sounds more like fan modules than actual complete games. The engine is pretty great, though. It has a lot of potential. Hope it get great modules by the community. The repetition from the base game is pretty bad in comparison with the expansion,to be honest. There are good areas and better encounters in the campaign dlc. That class dlc was a pretty bad decision from the devs. part. Waste of money.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I bought it, played through most of the tutorial and then refunded it.

It's bad enough that it's 5e, but it's also extremely janky in terms of interface and performance, and not much is there in the way of story to pull you in - at least from the limited bits I saw.

I agree that the female characters look terrible. Even their skin looks weird. The character models make me feel like I'm playing a game from 15 years ago, and one with an inexplicably low framerate at times.

Maybe there are some really great mods or modding ability here, but I kind of doubt it from its Nexus page.

Once again, it seems that Kickstarter faggotry infected the Codex and turned smooth brains into shills for a barely-finished game.

5/10

Still better than Crapfinder: Wrath of the Tranny though. :M

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I bought it, played through most of the tutorial and then refunded it.

It's bad enough that it's 5e, but it's also extremely janky and not much is there in the way of story to pull you in.

I agree that the female characters look terrible. Even their skin looks weird. The character models make me feel like I'm playing a game from 15 years ago, and one with an inexplicably low framerate at times.

Maybe there are some really great mods or modding ability here, but I kind of doubt it from its Nexus page.

Once again, it seems that Kickstarter faggotry infected the Codex and turned smooth brains into shills for a barely-finished game.

5/10

Still better than Crapfinder: Wrath of the Tranny though. :M
No mention of verticality. No mention of how light and shadows influences combat. No mention of environmental interactions in combat. Half the post about how the girls look.
Yep, its a nu-Codex post alright.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
No mention of verticality.
No mention of the fact it D&D either, Captain Obvious. Why would I talk about that when we're 124 pages in?

The game is like Ambien with bugs and a few of the classes from the latest dumbing down of D&D. You don't even get Druids in the base game fsr.

Yes, you can do things like climb or cast Light on your staff. Big deal. If the actual game is boring, who cares?

I didn't like it and I refunded it. Cry about it, Kickstarter-victim. :M

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If you already know you won't enjoy 5E, there's nothing this game can do for you. Literally nothing.
And yet I can tolerate it in other games that don't bore me to sleep.
1655453670511.png

But yes, this game is basically a janky 5e simulator with a little bit of boring story on top to give an excuse for the combat.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
If you already know you won't enjoy 5E, there's nothing this game can do for you. Literally nothing.
And yet I can tolerate it in other games that don't bore me to sleep.
If you're talking about BG3, it's because that game has more things to offer other than a basic implementation of the 5E combat system. BG3 has a lot to explore and discover, everywhere you go there's an NPC to interact with or a situation where you can use your characters' skills creatively to solve a problem or traverse an area. On the other hand, Solasta's sole selling point is its rigorous adaptation of 5E.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Exactly. So, if all it is is a platform for tabletop, I would expect to see that aspect very developed. I would expect to see a ton of classes implemented. I would expect the character graphics to be good, or to at least look like something released in the past 10 years. Otherwise, what's the point? Why wouldn't I just play D&D?

It has none of the advantages of having a main campaign, and also none of the advantages of being a blank slate. They had a lot of ambitious ideas (the personality system, for example), but that's not much use if the campaign is too boring to actually play.

But yeah, I find 5e pretty boring in itself, so there's really nothing here for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom