Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
If you keep a hand long anough on the oven, you will stop feeling the burning pain. If you play Solasta long enough, you start to think it looks kind of good!

Untitldfed-1.jpg

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you keep a hand long anough on the oven, you will stop feeling the burning pain. If you play Solasta long enough, you start to think it looks kind of good!
Wrong Yahtzee quote, the more appropriate one would be "if you feed people with wallpaper paste their whole lives, you shouldn't be surprised when they start liking it". I was never bothered by Solasta's graphics anyway, it has much bigger problems.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really got attached to my Solasta dudes. This janky mess is unironically better than most of Owlcat character writing.

solasta.jpg
I can hear the ugly british accent through the screenshot

imagine being a studio full of french people in france and you get fucking brits to voice your female characters
Bro just so you know they got French accents too.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After fight with goddamn soraks for the crown I get continuous random encounters of 10xbandits, 4x bersekers, and a group of orcs and ogres. No tactics, just mass murder by the barbarian.
It's almost like this game is compensating for taxing my uncivilized barbarian brain.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
After fight with goddamn soraks for the crown I get continuous random encounters of 10xbandits, 4x bersekers, and a group of orcs and ogres. No tactics, just mass murder by the barbarian.
It's almost like this game is compensating for taxing my uncivilized barbarian brain.
You're getting slow and weak in your old age.

Not my fault the game can't render more than 10 enemies per encounter.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played for around two and a half hours, today. Resumed after a long break. To be honest, I am having a lot of fun, despite understanding some complaints. I do agree that I do not see much reason to replay the campaign once you beat it. This is at least true from what I have played, so far. However, I can see myself playing a few user made modules. Hopefully, they took the good parts from this games, and improve upon them, and hopefully classes won't be locked behind DLC. We'll see.

I met and fought Razan for the first time. He was a bit annoyig, but once you take down the minions, he's not much of a threat. Your party will simply do too much damage for his legendary action to be very useful.

Are many encounters samey? Maybe, but better games than this are guilty of the same issue. I wonder how a full mage party would fare. The two I have in my party are obliterating things left and right.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Whatever you do, try to avoid random encounters. Thanks to those I outleveled all the main encounters, which made them boring sadly.

Acrux

Arcane
Same. I turned off random encounters and used Community Expansion mod to reduce XP gain because leveling is so fast.

Whatever you do, try to avoid random encounters. Thanks to those I outleveled all the main encounters, which made them boring sadly.
I always try to avoid the random encounters, I don't think I made it max level. I also avoided doing those side adventures for the most part for the same reason. I did a couple, but then realized I was going to level up way too fast and never did any after like doing 2 I think.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I finished the Lost Valley.

SOLASTA.jpg

- I liked the general idea. Not so much the execution.
- Almost no way to spend your money. Itemization in general seems wacky.
- Game starts derping out if you do multiple faction questlines.
- I can smell the corner cutting and messy dev process.
- Trailer had a jungle lich. But there is no jungle lich in the game. False advertising!!! Apparently, the jungle lich is there. You can talk with him only if you follow Rebellion faction questline.

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
I think the guy on the cover is a mummy. He's the "antagonist" of the anti-Rebellion playthrough. I say "antagonist", because he doesn't really do anything, has no dialogue if you fight him, and might as well have been an unnamed character. Maybe he's more interesting if you side with the rebels, but I doubt it.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
All I want is a bunch of good quests. I couldn't care less for more classes if there isn't any quality content. It is a shame. They are sitting on a solid foundation, its time they made good use of it.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Played this during my 2 weeks of downtime, surprised me by how good it is.

How are the custom player made campaigns? Are people able to make full fledged campaigns, or are they constricted to very rudimentary dungeon crawlers?

Artyoan

Arbiter
Played this during my 2 weeks of downtime, surprised me by how good it is.

How are the custom player made campaigns? Are people able to make full fledged campaigns, or are they constricted to very rudimentary dungeon crawlers?
It has its shortcomings but I've made two full campaigns lasting about 25 to 30 hours each, a couple hundred of them altogether on the steam workshop of varying details and quality. There are quests, non-voiced dialogue, a decent amount of locales to use, can customize existing monsters (save for caster spells). Doesn't make great use of verticality though, just a little.

Very much worth checking out if you are still enjoying the game.

Am I missing too much from not being able to get user-created content if I just stick to the GOG version? In my experience user created stuff very rarely delivers and it just doesn't feel like it's worth it in the end. Don't think Solasta has a community that's big or active enough to make me change my mind as well.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Am I missing too much from not being able to get user-created content if I just stick to the GOG version? In my experience user created stuff very rarely delivers and it just doesn't feel like it's worth it in the end. Don't think Solasta has a community that's big or active enough to make me change my mind as well.
you can get each on gog too. I know I did. You just need to do it manually. No, I dont remember how I did it in first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom