Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Safav Hamon, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Thac0 Time Mage Patron

Thac0
    Yeah I kinda forgot that Aura of Protection scales of CHA and is pretty damn good. I thought it went off proficiency bonus. As soon as you take 6 or more Paladin levels a high CHA modificator becomes really good for them, because that ability is bonkers.
    Still 1-5 a high WIS modificator arguably brings more to the table than CHA for combat. But CHA is usually the strongest noncombat ability score, so everyone has it high in paper.

^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Removal Learned

Removal
    ^ Top  
  4. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    Aura of Protection and Aura of Warding are two of my favorite class features in the entire game, they are two absolute game-changers. But yeah, you can easily dump your CHA if you don't plan to reach level 6, unless you're playing a very caster-oriented Paladin with stuff like the Blessed Warrior fighting style that gives you two cantrips. But if you aren't getting to level 6, then you're probably multiclassing, and if you're multiclassing with a Paladin you're probably becoming a Warlock, so CHA is once again one of your main stats. It's incredible how synergic the two classes are, especially the Oath of Conquest/The Undead patron combination.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. covr Prophet Patron

covr
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Thac0 Time Mage Patron

Thac0
    Sorc is even meaner. You can quicken one of the Sword Coast Adventurers guide melee cantrips like Green Flame Blade on your bonus action. Those are melee attacks for the purpose of Divine Smite and Improved Divine Smite.
    God I want multiclassing... There are so many stupidly strong combos I could never bring to the table, even if I wasn't the eternal DM, because they would steal all the spotlight.

^ Top  
  7. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    I figured. I didn't roll new characters, I just jumped in with the pre-generated ones because I was planning on starting over anyway.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Base Paladin:
    Oath of Ancients: (probably not in Solasta)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.