Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt Some minor bullshit detail DU is never gonna fix anyway but I'm still making a thread about it

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The way I check the Codex a couple of times a day is I open it and have like 15 alerts. I then mouse-over the alerts, and it opens the dropdown. Then I CTRL+Click each thread to open a tab and go through them.

For the first few years of Nu-Codex, this method went without a hitch, but now it's choppy. Not unlivable choppy, just "have to wait a few seconds after every 3rd or 4th click"-choppy. Happens on my monster gaming computer, happens on my phone, happens on my room mate's shitty Microsoft Edge laptop. It's annoying because it can catch you off-guard make you miss the click, which brings you to the thread and you have scroll up and start the process over.

Anyway it's like such a non-issue I've just been ignoring it for a year, but there it is

Mustawd

Huh? Just middle mouse button that sucker and move on with ur life m8.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The way I check the Codex a couple of times a day is I open it and have like 15 alerts. I then mouse-over the alerts, and it opens the dropdown. Then I CTRL+Click each thread to open a tab and go through them.

For the first few years of Nu-Codex, this method went without a hitch, but now it's choppy. Not unlivable choppy, just "have to wait a few seconds after every 3rd or 4th click"-choppy. Happens on my monster gaming computer, happens on my phone, happens on my room mate's shitty Microsoft Edge laptop. It's annoying because it can catch you off-guard make you miss the click, which brings you to the thread and you have scroll up and start the process over.

Anyway it's like such a non-issue I've just been ignoring it for a year, but there it is
Try a different internet browser.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter

DU did you see my posts?

A horse of course

I consider Grunker still being permitted to post a bit more than a "minor bullshit detail"

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Browsing the Codex with your roommate's laptop.

*testing the issue on my room-mate's laptop

Room mate uses Edge as I said. Still happens

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's always bugged me about the alerts dropdown is that it's a twitch game. New alerts are highlighted for a few seconds ... better click fast before they go dark! Oh, they went dark, well I hope you didn't scroll anywhere that makes it confusing which ones you have and haven't checked.

Just leave them highlit until I click them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom