Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Someone make a sequel for... type in yours

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I just want a properly done no-bullshit turn-based Icewind Dale. The atmosphere of Icewind Dale, but with the combat system of ToEE, that's all I ask for.
I would sacrifice Infinitron for a small chance of this happening.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Inquisitor. Having it take place during the crusade that's been launched against the realm would be absolutely radical.

Freedom Force 3 was what immediately popped to mind.

I'd also love:

A new installment in the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series that retains all the complexity of TIE Fighter, but of course that will never happen.

A proper Star Control 3

Heroine's Quest 2

A proper King's Quest VIII

Anachronox 2

Might and Magic XI

Legend of Grimrock 3

Icewind Dale 3

Lagi

Savant
.... Fantasy General (no 3d)
You can actually have this happen if someone from Open General efile makers would decide to give it a go
On the panzer general forum that no longer exist, there were a efile for fantasy general. But it was tasteless (mix of stolen graphics, chicks, epilepsy colors), and the gameplay was not so fun as other efiles with sweet, handcraft units, and interesting nonWW2 campaigns. Also open general game rules (that cannot be altered, only stats can be renamed. like in AncientGeneral) is not the best possible foundation for FG.

SoupNazi

Proper Jagged Alliance 3
Deus Ex: MD sequel to close out the opened trilogy
Kenshi 2 (they're working on it, I want it FASTER)
Unpopamole'd Shadowrun

Aemar

Arcane
Darklands, Jagged Alliance, Baldur's Gate, Imperialism, Might and Magic, Dark Sun.

If Hendrick were to make a Darklands sequel (not going to happen since I believe he died a few years ago) I would hope to see it moved to a different setting. The Crusades, Early British India, Belgian Congo, Lewis & Clark expedition, something along those lines. All those settings would allow plenty of opportunity to interact with the mythologies of their respective cultures and aren't commonly explored in games.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
If Hendrick were to make a Darklands sequel (not going to happen since I believe he died a few years ago) I would hope to see it moved to a different setting. The Crusades, Early British India, Belgian Congo, Lewis & Clark expedition, something along those lines. All those settings would allow plenty of opportunity to interact with the mythologies of their respective cultures and aren't commonly explored in games.
Darklands... that was one of those really complex tactical RPG or was it the sequel to that game that was all about light, casting ligt based spells (and a lack thereof)

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Darklands... that was one of those really complex tactical RPG or was it the sequel to that game that was all about light, casting ligt based spells (and a lack thereof)
Shadowlands was the one with focus on lights.

edit.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Can I have Hidden & Dangerous 3? I'm not sure the world deserves it, but I do. Also Midwinter! That game changed my life.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Darklands, Jagged Alliance, Baldur's Gate, Imperialism, Might and Magic, Dark Sun.
The first one i fully agree. Second one would be nice too. Dark Sun - why not. Others i don't care much (though Imperialism I was cool).

Battle Brothers.

Neither. The combat wasn't complex, only 4 characters, not many options. Some "magic" but rather simple too. Nothing special about light. The selling point is the awesome setting and atmosphere (Holy Roman Empire 1400AD, "magic" and fantasy elements masterfully merged with historical setting).

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Those settings could perhaps make for good games but there is no point calling such games Darklands and make them a sequel to a completely different kind of game*. It was the chosen setting - not the mechanics that make Darklands stand out. And even mechanics would have to be completely different. There is no point of making a game with different setting AND mechanics and make it a sequel to anything. Except for economic reasons.

*Perhaps Crusades settings could work.

It was the chosen setting - not the mechanics that make Darklands stand out.

I somewhat disagree; I think it was the integration of historical folklore and actual history that made the game stand out, not the specific setting of the HRE. I think that a theoretical Darklands sequel could take a page out of the Expeditions series' book and retain the core gameplay elements and themes while radically changing the locale (but sure, you couldn't just map the alchemy mechanic onto the Belgian Congo and have it make any sort of sense).

Ezekiel

Arcane
I have been playing Crazy Taxi again since late 2020. I want a new one that simplifies the mechanics again, closer to what they were in the original, but with improved physics. I don't want the multiple customer system from Crazy Taxi 2 or the jump button. Those were lame. Physics for the characters too. I wanna see the driver and passengers' hair and clothes fluttering in the wind. Still, keep the graphics simple, because a time attack game will never sell like the mainstream games. Even simple graphics will still be a massive upgrade from the first game. At least three maps. Maybe some multiplayer mode in which you compete for customers. I have no idea about the music. I don't follow new music. I'd probably just end up making my own playlists.

Freedom Force 3.

It's weird this never happen.

Freedom Force 3 is one of those things that feels like it should have happened between the two BioShock games Irrational Games did. Post BioShock, post Dark Knight and Iron Man, and post Raven Software doing those X-Men games and Marvel Ultimate Alliance...I think a Freedom Force 3 could've hit much bigger than the first two on PC did. Those Freedom Force games came at a pretty bad time for PC games too. After that second BioShock game they made, when they wanted to do something smaller, would have been a good time for it too.

DemonKing

Arcane
Company of Heroes 3

Fear 2 (I pretend 2&3 don't exist)

Lands of Lore 2 (as above)

Grimrock 3

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. The last truly great Splinter Cell even though Blacklist was good despite having too much Ass Creed DNA. Considering that SC: Pandora Tomorrow had a botched PC release, that means there are two truly great SCs: the original and CT :negative:

Freedom Force 3.

It's weird this never happen.

Freedom Force 3 is one of those things that feels like it should have happened between the two BioShock games Irrational Games did. Post BioShock, post Dark Knight and Iron Man, and post Raven Software doing those X-Men games and Marvel Ultimate Alliance...I think a Freedom Force 3 could've hit much bigger than the first two on PC did. Those Freedom Force games came at a pretty bad time for PC games too. After that second BioShock game they made, when they wanted to do something smaller, would have been a good time for it too.

Freedom Force sold around 400,000 copies in its first year of release. FFvtTR sold around 40,000 copies in its first year of release. There was zero chance of FF3 getting made with those numbers.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Grimoire.

Fallout 2 also needs a sequel. Daggerfall, too.
Fallout 2 already has a sequel. In a sense. No, I don't mean the "Oblivion 2,5 in sci-fi mode" don't worry. I'm talking about Atom RPG. Go for it, you'll be in for a next best thing there is. It's not *that* complex and free as the said, but it does have a level of complexity and an atmosphere that is both similar and worthy of being called the Fallout's worthy younger brother.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Company of Heroes 3

Fear 2 (I pretend 2&3 don't exist)

Lands of Lore 2 (as above)

Grimrock 3
Aaaah, what would I give for LoL 2 (I mean in the same manner the first tale has been made. I also pretend that 2&3 don't exist here :)

And Grimrock 3 aaaaaah... heaven...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom