Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Songs of Conquest - HOMM2-inspired turn-based strategy adventure game - now on Early Access

Harthwain

Magister
30€ + 20€ DLC for an early access game.

Important note: By buying this DLC, you are first and foremost showing your support for the development of Songs of Conquest and for us, the developers.

I thought that's what buying the game was for?
Battle Brothers had Supporter Edition:

Battle Brothers has been completed. For those of you who really like the game and want to support us even beyond the asking price, we also offer the Supporter Edition. This includes the soundtrack plus a digital art and lore book with a lot of background info about the game, its art and its creation, as well as our very first legendary item in the game, complete with a look of its own and a unique background story: Fangshire.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Battle Brothers had Supporter Edition:

Battle Brothers has been completed. For those of you who really like the game and want to support us even beyond the asking price, we also offer the Supporter Edition. This includes the soundtrack plus a digital art and lore book with a lot of background info about the game, its art and its creation, as well as our very first legendary item in the game, complete with a look of its own and a unique background story: Fangshire.
They are offering way more than what you are getting here.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I guess in this day and age this counts as a reasonable pricing (the base game, I mean). Still not buying until they stop shitposting and start delivering.

Aemar

Arcane
This treasure trove is filled to the brim with riches and trinkets in the form of cosmetic add-ons such as:
  • Unique main menu badge to show those philistines they’re being conquered by royalty
  • Wielder pets that accompany your first Wielder hero units on their adventures in every game
  • Two additional team colours: pink and dark. For those who wish to slay in style

20 euros down the drain. Meanwhile ATOM RPG's supporter pack costs 4 euros and contains the following:

This little addition for ATOM RPG is mainly aimed at those, who already own the game, but wish to support our indie studio a bit more nonetheless.

The full list of content is the following:
bullet_logo.png
Full original soundtrack with top quality remasters of in-game tracks;
bullet_logo.png
HD Wallpapers from the game;
bullet_logo.png
Unique camo suit, that changes the way the player character looks and adds to stealth;
bullet_logo.png
A terrific new NKVD agent's knife;
bullet_logo.png
New location "Crash site" where new items are found (You recently heard about an old helicopter crash site and decided to check it out);

Comte_II

How is it? This game reminds me of HoMM3!

Its like Homm3 with worse graphics. I did get sucked in and an hour blew by felt like a few minutes. I like the height advantage for archers on higher elevations a nice touch also has ZoC (zone of control) which is also cool.

Never really understood the love for Homm3 art, to me it was one of the least enjoyable parts of the game, it was functional at best. It did not seem all that creative and was sort of boring and bland and the items on the game map seemed to be laid out in a grid with straight lines. The unit designs bent toward being from a children's book and were cartoon like and sort of goofy. AoW and AoW Shadow Magic had much better art and art style IMO.

for all the angry Homm3 fanbois, here is a smaple of your homm3 art..WTF is so awesome about this? Looks like garbage honestly..its certainly nothing special, like a good 7th grader copying the original monster manual art..oh..look at tough guy in corner with horned helmet, so cool, so incline

ss_12d48a38009033b68dce541a8a41438590b3d354.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

Anomander

Educated
I played only for few moments but it looks like it could be great. If you like HOMM, you probably will like this.
Few differences from HOMM:
1. You can freely move in battle and later attack (so shooters can move and shoot), but there is ZoC so moving away from melee hurts
2. There are ranges for shooters (they cant shoot accross full area), also there is double damage range (close range), considering that you can move this can make a difference
3. There isn't option to wait (I read waiting is skill of some troops)
4. Splitting stacks give you more essence (mana)

Brickfrog

Learned

Looks pretty good,when is getting a full release ?

The early access blurb says release is within a year. it seems pretty polished to me. Even the map editor is functional. Whats strange to me is that they don't really list what features they want to add in early access? They just say that the game is pretty much complete and they want suggestions for stuff to add from the community.

Time for some old school homm multiplayer I guess

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
I know its too early to tell but what about things like story, plot and characters? Is there a single player campaign at all or just skirmish map against AI???

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/867210/view/3218394291615536646

How did we create the world of Songs of Conquest?
We just released a new video showing more about the lore of our game and how it came to be. We have been working on the game for over five years and a lot people have worked on it. Making sure that every team member shares the same vision for the lore is very important to us. We have worked hard to create a coherent and believable world, which you will get to explore in just a few weeks!

Comte_II

Looks pretty good,when is getting a full release ?

The early access blurb says release is within a year. it seems pretty polished to me. Even the map editor is functional. Whats strange to me is that they don't really list what features they want to add in early access? They just say that the game is pretty much complete and they want suggestions for stuff to add from the community.

Time for some old school homm multiplayer I guess

They need more maps thats what I would like to see.

Naraya

Arcane
LoL i played a bit and it is very sjws lol. Three missions in the human campaign and it is all about strong independent womxn and negros lol. It feels like all the main protagonists/antagonists and even mythical creatures are muh strong independent womxn.
God damn it. I want to RP as a white knight saving damsels in distress, not this!

:negative:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
LoL i played a bit and it is very sjws lol. Three missions in the human campaign and it is all about strong independent womxn and negros lol. It feels like all the main protagonists/antagonists and even mythical creatures are muh strong independent womxn.
This here is a prime example of what insecurity looks like.
The moment a woman appears on the screen in any function that is not just to please the eye, it's basically over.
Woman as protagonist? Woke.
Woman as antagonist? Woke.
Woman as "mythical creature"? Woke.
Black woman? Woke.
A handful of missions and it's not primarily about men doing something? How fucking dare they?! Woke.
A woman killing a man? Woke.
Sweden? Woke. (I mean, okay, I get this one)
Not enough booba? Woke.
A woman that is capable? Woke.
A man that is not capable? Woke.

It must be very tiring. Seeing the enemy in every shadow can't be good for your mental health.
I'd tell you to touch grass, but I'm afraid it might break you, as grass does come in female variants.

You know what is an actual problem?
No fucking rebinding of hotkeys. Devs are still doing the damn "hurrdurr, we don't know how to code a trigger/action separation" thing and it is infuriating.
Now that is something I could rage on about for hours on end...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Seriously guys? Who cares about that?
We haven't had a proper HOMM style game in years and main problem is that protagonist is a woman? Are you crazy?
They could be a purple alien with tentacles for all I care if the gameplay and combat is good. I don't even remember any of the story or characters from HoMM 2 and 3 but I do remember the good and fun gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom