Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Songs of Conquest - HOMM2-inspired turn-based strategy adventure game - now on Early Access

sardonix

Educated
i wish good luck to the devs selling a strategy game to nigs and women.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I mean the game looks gorgeous, it's just I thought it'd be pixel art all through? Now that the EA is out it looks like a weird mix of "normal" graphix and pixel arty overworld. Don't think I've ever seen this combo before.

People who played it - are there any innovations in the combat, economy or RPG elements? Or is it sticking super closely to Homam3 for fear of pissing off fans?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
People who played it - are there any innovations in the combat, economy or RPG elements? Or is it sticking super closely to Homam3 for fear of pissing off fans?
It is definitely sticking close, but there are some differences.

For example, ranged units seem to be able to move and shoot in the same turn (at least some of them, not sure if all).
But only in that order and if you do it, your ranged attack will get quite a penalty.

Or towns/fortresses. They do not exist in their own screen, but on the map each town has slots that you can place buildings in.
Doesn't look like you'll be able to ever have one town that has everything, but I'm not sure yet, there might as well be towns with many more of these slots.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I mean the game looks gorgeous, it's just I thought it'd be pixel art all through? Now that the EA is out it looks like a weird mix of "normal" graphix and pixel arty overworld. Don't think I've ever seen this combo before.

There are a couple of differences that I have noticed. In addition to what thesheep said, spellcasting has removed mana and units during combat on their turn give you certain points into different magic schools that let you cast spells from those schools if you got skills for that. And you can combine different schools to get special abilities. Also you are not limited to one cast per turn, you can do as many as you got "mana" from your units.

Ranged units also have normal range and deadly range (that is shorter but gives x2 damage) and melee units have zone of control that lets them do attack of opportunity if enemies move out.

RuySan

Augur
What is the game missing right now?

From a quick look it seems feature complete.

Are there Campaings? Random maps? Scenarios?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
LMAO at cucks who would suck black tranny cock while said tranny is shouting: Death to you, your ancestors and your children! As long as said tranny had HoMM tattoo

If you just gotta play woke game, because it reminds you of good old game, your life is seriously fucked up. I wish SHEEP and similar cucks to end their lives in Haiti scenario. I wonder how many centrist, tolerant, black intelectuals will stand up for their right to breathe. Spoiler: 0

Balanced Centrists.TM who ignore all power dynamics and fact that STRONK INDEPENDENT BLACK WOMENH IN MEDIEVAL ARMOR IS FLEX ON YOU AND YOUR HISTORY can only have luxury of existance in our society. I love the sweet irony that they support all the trends that accelarate demise of such bankrupt society

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I wonder what's the overlap between sheep who enjoy games full of stronk rainbow women in armor with sword and fire spell in their hands and pegging fetish. Probably 100%. Swedish Devs deserve faith worse then death

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
What is the game missing right now?

From a quick look it seems feature complete.

Are there Campaings? Random maps? Scenarios?
It has only 4 factions. Only 2 shortish campaign (each has 4 missions). No Random Game Generator. No Hot Seat.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
thesheeep, ArchAngel - later Homam-likes (Disciples, King's Bounty etc.), came up with stuff like battlefield height differences, special bonus hexes, terrain obstacles, vastly expanded unit stats and abilities, unit synergy, a new combat resource/magic system (Rage in KB games), item morale and many others.

This game doesn't have anything like this? I mean I love my Homam3, who doesn't, but it's over 20 years old by now, a lot has happened in the genre since. If this game is sticking so closely to this formula, without any of the innovations we've seen in the decades since, then it's disappointing in my book. But I'll wait and see.

Trithne

Erudite
thesheeep, ArchAngel - later Homam-likes (Disciples, King's Bounty etc.), came up with stuff like battlefield height differences, special bonus hexes, terrain obstacles, vastly expanded unit stats and abilities, unit synergy, a new combat resource/magic system (Rage in KB games), item morale and many others.

This game doesn't have anything like this? I mean I love my Homam3, who doesn't, but it's over 20 years old by now, a lot has happened in the genre since. If this game is sticking so closely to this formula, without any of the innovations we've seen in the decades since, then it's disappointing in my book. But I'll wait and see.

Removed a copy from inventory to give this a try, reasonably pleased.

It has height differences, in that units on a higher elevation get a damage bonus against ones lower (Can't recall if it goes the other way, probably). Pretty much all tier 2 units have special abilities, and some tier 1 ones.

Unit synergy is an organic feature, to some extent, of the units. Playing as the sand people, there's a natural synergy in Tinkerers building spike walls that your Pikewomen can stand behind to attack from safety, etc.

It is definitely sticking close, but there are some differences.

For example, ranged units seem to be able to move and shoot in the same turn (at least some of them, not sure if all).
But only in that order and if you do it, your ranged attack will get quite a penalty.

Or towns/fortresses. They do not exist in their own screen, but on the map each town has slots that you can place buildings in.
Doesn't look like you'll be able to ever have one town that has everything, but I'm not sure yet, there might as well be towns with many more of these slots.

A fully upgraded (level 5) town has 6 small, 3 medium, and 2 large building slots. Not enough to build one of every building, but the Rally Point turns your recruitment pool global for that town. Also you can build the same building multiple times in the same town if you want to generate more of a certain type of troop (Or generate Tier 1 versions for whatever reason). There's also small towns that only upgrade to level 2, and max out at 2 small and 1 medium slot.

wishbonetail

Learned
vastly expanded unit stats and abilities
More is not always better. KB Armored Princess, for example, was fine. Then came Crossworlds with new orc abilities, which transfered combat from realms of chess to realms of dices. The same with KB WotN and its addon Ice and Fire, with the same issues. The more abilities units have the less predictable battles become. Then it just turns into a huge mess with save/loads.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL i played a bit and it is very sjws lol. Three missions in the human campaign and it is all about strong independent womxn and negros lol. It feels like all the main protagonists/antagonists and even mythical creatures are muh strong independent womxn.
This here is a prime example of what insecurity looks like.
The moment a woman appears on the screen in any function that is not just to please the eye, it's basically over.
Woman as protagonist? Woke.
Woman as antagonist? Woke.
Woman as "mythical creature"? Woke.
Black woman? Woke.
A handful of missions and it's not primarily about men doing something? How fucking dare they?! Woke.
A woman killing a man? Woke.
Sweden? Woke. (I mean, okay, I get this one)
Not enough booba? Woke.
A woman that is capable? Woke.
A man that is not capable? Woke.

It must be very tiring. Seeing the enemy in every shadow can't be good for your mental health.
I'd tell you to touch grass, but I'm afraid it might break you, as grass does come in female variants.

You know what is an actual problem?
No fucking rebinding of hotkeys. Devs are still doing the damn "hurrdurr, we don't know how to code a trigger/action separation" thing and it is infuriating.
Now that is something I could rage on about for hours on end...
Having a thing or two of those doesn't make it woke,having them all makes it lol. You protag is a womixn,its companion is negro womixn,the mythical gret ruler of the empire is also womxn,your two enemy antagonists are womxn. You have some fey queen bitch as enemy and some other noble harlot,all the males are cucks or negros,very diverse dutchy that one.

We haven't had a proper HOMM style game in years and main problem is that protagonist is a woman
It is not,the game does have a lot worst problem,it is pretty far away from heroes lol.

The main problems i found out are;

It lacks animation speed options,that makes the map explopration a button smasher since you have to click three times fast the right mouse button to teleport,and makes combat a slog. It lacks the heroes 3 options for animations,huge decline.

The building mechanics are very limited,quite the decline,you get to max out a town in a few turns. Once you get the meta for a town build you don't bother with other buildings.

There small unit variation for now,you get like 5 units types. Also the army thingy is weird,it is made so you could have stackst,say 9 at max that you could fill with units,any units stack have a max capacity that depends on tech and hero skills. Say the peasants could be max at 50 and then at 100 with tech. Also you could have multi stacks of the same unit,so you could just spam knights the top tier unit of the humans. It feels pretty weird,you end up either steamrolling or getting steamrolled.

Combat is also very basic,you lack the most utility options from heroes,there is no defence button or wait one,just skip turn,you can't just wait with your archers for the enemy to close in. Also there is a weird magic system that get mana bassed on unit turns or something lol.

Another negative that made an impression on me is the graphics,from up away it looks nice,but in the end it is modern pixel art where the art is missing and is just pixels. While heroes looks even more amazing when in higher resolution,this one still looks like squares of paint lol.

There is a few more shit that doesn't feel right....but too lazy to remember.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It feels like a dumbed down heroes version for mobile to be honest.Haven't played with other races so i don't know in deep,but humans get resource buildings for the main resources at bottom tier of the town. As i said you could max out the town in like 10ish turns and get top tier unit production.

Also the graphics are misleading,it looks cool but decline in comparison to heroes,it lacks the crispness of heroes graphics.

ArchAngel

Arcane
We haven't had a proper HOMM style game in years and main problem is that protagonist is a woman
It is not,the game does have a lot worst problem,it is pretty far away from heroes lol.

It lacks animation speed options,that makes the map explopration a button smasher since you have to click three times fast the right mouse button to teleport,and makes combat a slog. It lacks the heroes 3 options for animations,huge decline.

The building mechanics are very limited,quite the decline,you get to max out a town in a few turns. Once you get the meta for a town build you don't bother with other buildings.

There small unit variation for now,you get like 5 units types. Also the army thingy is weird,it is made so you could have stackst,say 9 at max that you could fill with units,any units stack have a max capacity that depends on tech and hero skills. Say the peasants could be max at 50 and then at 100 with tech. Also you could have multi stacks of the same unit,so you could just spam knights the top tier unit of the humans. It feels pretty weird,you end up either steamrolling or getting steamrolled.

Combat is also very basic,you lack the most utility options from heroes,there is no defence button or wait one,just skip turn,you can't just wait with your archers for the enemy to close in. Also there is a weird magic system that get mana bassed on unit turns or something lol.

Another negative that made an impression on me is the graphics,from up away it looks nice,but in the end it is modern pixel art where the art is missing and is just pixels. While heroes looks even more amazing when in higher resolution,this one still looks like squares of paint lol.

Nothing you said here is wrong or bad, it is just different or unfinished because this is still Early Acess. If full release has no speed up or down options then we can complain about stuff like that.
How combat works is very interesting, also limiting how many soldiers you can bring based on your hero is also cool. I never liked doom stack gameplay of older titles.

You cannot max out town fast because you lack resources for that. In HoMM if you had unlimited you could also reach Dragons or whatever in 10 turns or so.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Honestly it is not,it is even backwards by hoi3 standards,it lacks a lot of the features of it,it is closer to heroes 1.

Brickfrog

Learned
LoL i played a bit and it is very sjws lol. Three missions in the human campaign and it is all about strong independent womxn and negros lol. It feels like all the main protagonists/antagonists and even mythical creatures are muh strong independent womxn.
This here is a prime example of what insecurity looks like.
The moment a woman appears on the screen in any function that is not just to please the eye, it's basically over.
Woman as protagonist? Woke.
Woman as antagonist? Woke.
Woman as "mythical creature"? Woke.
Black woman? Woke.
A handful of missions and it's not primarily about men doing something? How fucking dare they?! Woke.
A woman killing a man? Woke.
Sweden? Woke. (I mean, okay, I get this one)
Not enough booba? Woke.
A woman that is capable? Woke.
A man that is not capable? Woke.

It must be very tiring. Seeing the enemy in every shadow can't be good for your mental health.
I'd tell you to touch grass, but I'm afraid it might break you, as grass does come in female variants.

You know what is an actual problem?
No fucking rebinding of hotkeys. Devs are still doing the damn "hurrdurr, we don't know how to code a trigger/action separation" thing and it is infuriating.
Now that is something I could rage on about for hours on end...
Having a thing or two of those doesn't make it woke,having them all makes it lol. You protag is a womixn,its companion is negro womixn,the mythical gret ruler of the empire is also womxn,your two enemy antagonists are womxn. You have some fey queen bitch as enemy and some other noble harlot,all the males are cucks or negros,very diverse dutchy that one.

Couple things: turn delay is implemented as a skill for certain units. There are at least 10 units not including upgrades per faction, not 5. Closer to 20 units it's per faction including upgrades.

Having stack limits + limited hero slots actually helps a bit to alleviate the steamroll problem that comes with allowing infinite stacks imo.

I haven't been able to upgrade a town in 10 turns so idk.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Nothing you said here is wrong or bad, it is just different or unfinished because this is still Early Acess. If full release has no speed up or down options then we can complain about stuff like that.
How combat works is very interesting, also limiting how many soldiers you can bring based on your hero is also cool. I never liked doom stack gameplay of older titles.

You cannot max out town fast because you lack resources for that. In HoMM if you had unlimited you could also reach Dragons or whatever in 10 turns or so.
Hmmm you are too defensive. I had maxed out towns in less than 10 turns lol,you get teh starting town and then when you get other towns you could max them out pretty fast,for example building upgrade doesn't takes time,thus you could just upgrade the whole town in a single turn if you had the gibz. Also isn't a bit too late for the excuse of early access lol,we had like hundreds of ea games that people said that X will be fixed on release and never is. The speed up is pretty easy to fix,just get cheat engine speedhack,but that is not the point,the point is laziness of it. Also the stacks would have worked if you had like a limit of the similar stacks you could have in your army,now you could just fill all the stacks with top tier units or something that does the job and smash.
The combat is very simplistic,lacks defence,wait and spell variation.There is like 20 spells i have seen and no mage guild or way to buy or learn spells. Also the tactical positioning at the start of combat is retarded.

Here is an example,one of the better ones.

vJ8Tpvi.png

You could put your units only on the blue tiles,and for some reason you can't put it on the others around them. And the fag orbs around are the mana points.

Brickfrog

Learned
time,thus you could just upgrade the whole town in a single turn if you had the gibz
Building is limited to one upgrade per turn + build time for individual constructions.

Your posting a lot of things that are just wrong about the game man lol

Trithne

Erudite
time,thus you could just upgrade the whole town in a single turn if you had the gibz
Building is limited to one upgrade per turn + build time for individual constructions.

Your posting a lot of things that are just wrong about the game man lol

Nah, he's right that upgrades are immediate. That's about it. Building isn't though - 1 turn to build a small building, 2 for medium, 3 for large, and only 1 thing can build at a time (2 with a tech upgrade).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom