Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Soul Hackers 2 - SMT spinoff (PS4/5, XBO/S/X, Steam 8/2022)

Puukko

Arcane

A number of leaks had appeared these past few days and here's the official announcement.

This is certainly not a spinoff series I ever expected them to revive, nor for it to look like this. It's clearly a big departure, but then again, the original Soul Hackers is nearing 25...

Release date August 22nd. No info yet on whether that's international.

Edit: the translated trailer came out literally right after I posted this. Western release is August 26th.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Game reminds me a lot of TMS#FE, which wasn't a bad game but barely had anything to do with those two franchises. I even did the post game.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Everything from Atlus is Persona.

Everything from former Atlus devs is Persona.

Every JRPG set in modern day is Persona.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
This looks horrible. Art style is complete shit, music in the trailer was underwhelming, and if you didn't know that this was labeled as SMT, you'd think that this was a new trailer for Digimon.

How do you go from something like this:

to this?

soulhackers2jpg-1.jpg

:prosper::prosper:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Atlus lost a a bet to see how much games they can make from the Tokyo mirage assets only.
They ain't giving up yet.

lightbane

Arcane
That was a surprise. Not a good one though. Protagonist is female for once (which being Japanese, it means it's a legit "she", for what's worth) and can speak (or at least does so in the trailer). Art style is dogshit and vomit-inducing flashes of color everywhere. The grimdark future is... Flashy, it seems.
Also, just like modern trailers of movies, the trailer spots possibly half or more of the plot already, kek.

N0rn

Novice
Why even call it Soul Hackers 2 at that point? It looks nothing like Soul Hackers, if you told me that these character designs were for a new Digimon Cyber Sleuth game I would have believed you. If you told me it was for a MegaTen game, I would have called you a liar. Combat doesn't seem to have anything to do with Soul Hackers either. Considering the TMS guy is in charge, one can safely ignore this release I think.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if this is the Tokyo Mirage Sessions team. I think the character designer worked on it.

I also wonder how much SEGA pushed for this style.

I'm not against this if they deliver solid gameplay.

Puukko

Arcane
I wonder if this is the Tokyo Mirage Sessions team. I think the character designer worked on it.

I also wonder how much SEGA pushed for this style.

I'm not against this if they deliver solid gameplay.

https://twinfinite.net/2022/02/soul-hackers-2-atlus/

As some may have noticed, the character design is by “Dogs” mangaka and illustrator Shirow Miwa. The director is Eiji Ishida and Mitsuru Hirata is the producer. Among their previous works we find Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and Tokyo Mirage Session #FE.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
This is an insult to call it Soul Hackers 2. This looks like Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2. Which I would be fine with. But this looks nothing like a Soul Hackers sequel.

Or they could have just called it Persona 5 Ultra Royal FE# Alternate. Atlus has no fucking idea what they are doing, even SMT5 did do it's name justice. Fuck this world and fuck you Roguey
This looks like a bunch of girl power sjw bullshit. Looks like budget Digimon - Cyber Sleuth.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
Weird a SMT game with comic graphics and a female protagonist with a voice and a fixed name. Kinda looks like a budget Cyberpunk Persona game.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Well at least it has bondage angel.

Agreed that it looks like Tokyo Mirage Sessions which is obviously a bad thing.

Not too excited for this one.

N0rn

Novice
1645447948857.jpg

Are you guys ready for annoying quips from our mascot character in the front here?
Stylistically, this couldn't be any farther removed from what I look for in SMT.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Absolutely disgusting.

:timetoburn:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom