Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Soul Hackers 2 - SMT spinoff (PS4/5, XBO/S/X, Steam 8/2022)

cruel

Cipher
This will be included in Game Pass starting February 28.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Does the original Japanese say that?
Of course not:

Original script is:
"You can fool the Grim Reaper, but you can't fool me. You know." She even uses English for the you know.

Must have been too Japanese for translators sake,you know.

Late on this, but honestly I find the *you know* thing random english words japanese anime and manga rappers seem to go for equally if not more annoying.

So, was a bit meh on this controversy tbh.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
The game is garbage not because of some woke elements but the gameplay and the overall content it provides is trash.
No other way around it.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I do want to play this, but I've heard nothing but bad things so I'm not touching it unless it gets cracked. Maybe if they drop it down to $5 or less during a sale.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I will play it next week when it comes to gaypass since I'm already paying for the service. If nothing else MegaTen combat usually entertains me so I'll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I've enjoyed many SMT games and disliked a few; I gave this a chance and borrowed a copy, played around 3 hours, wanting to like it.. maybe the combat/design improves past that, but I came away feeling totally empty. No substance.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
played around 3 hours
So, does anything actually change/improve past this point? It's not like the gameplay is horrible, but just basic af, definitely not something I'll be able to stomach for a couple dozen hours.

And I typically don't give much damn about plot/writing, but boy is it insulting here. There are five thingamabobs that, when gathered together, will end the wooooorld!!! We need to search for the next one so what do we do? Uh, apparently some rando next door has so let's go check the bar that he frequents. Wat.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Picked this up during the steam sale for about $32 with all the dlc. I have a four day weekend and nothing to play so I was pretty desperate. I'm an hour or two in and so far it's ok. Nothing great, but certainly not as bad as I feel I was led to believe. I wish I could have gotten it cheaper, but I don't feel ripped off at the current price. We'll see if my feelings change as I get farther into the game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Could've just bought a monthly sub on the game pass and played it there. Would've been cheaper, if you have no intention of replaying it. Not that I understand why anyone would want to play it for the first time either.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Subscription services are gay and I have no desire to use one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom