Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Soulash - roguelike where you play a forgotten god set on destroying the world

Trash Player

Scholar
Well, everyone should dump points into Endurance anyway, else they get pittance of hp. Devs surely didn't think the numbers through, what with flat reduction with defence and every skills scales off weapon damage somewhat, even "magely" ones, so even mages cast with a big axe. Oh, and the classic 2 equipment versus 1 equipment problem with 2 handed weapons.
I want to see the world but the gameplay is so dull, it is worse than watching paint dry. I mean I can avoid carpal tunnel with the later.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
On one hand, they are some of the best boots you can find.

On the other, they are pretty gay.

ZbsM32w.png

Typical elves.

Technomancer

Liturgist
so genie necromancer would become viable
That was my build. I invested every point in INT. Was nice having so much space to carry stuff around and with INT that high you craft good shit. Being a glasscannon is what killed me in the end though.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Bros, is there a way to pass nights quicker? The reduced FoV is a huge pain in the arse.

I did loot torches off some witch hunters, but equiping them doesn't seem to help in the slightest.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Bros, is there a way to pass nights quicker? The reduced FoV is a huge pain in the arse.

I did loot torches off some witch hunters, but equiping them doesn't seem to help in the slightest.
This was why I am not a fan of races without night vision. Alternatively you can do something like casting the light spell on yourself if you have it, but Night vision is so convenient comparatively. In terms of convenience the vampire ultimately wins, having more or less all of the convenience options.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

This was why I am not a fan of races without night vision. Alternatively you can do something like casting the light spell on yourself if you have it, but Night vision is so convenient comparatively. In terms of convenience the vampire ultimately wins, having more or less all of the convenience options.

There is a trade-off with darkvision, just look at your daytime vision.

A permanent "solution to the day/night question" exists too, if you want to be extreme...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
FYI, the premise is lacking. By killing mortals I am gaining more power... in the profession held by the mortal body I posessed. It would have been much more sensible to be getting actual divine powers. Or at least a mix of those and class based powers.

Technomancer

Liturgist
FYI, the premise is lacking. By killing mortals I am gaining more power... in the profession held by the mortal body I posessed. It would have been much more sensible to be getting actual divine powers. Or at least a mix of those and class based powers.
You get some by killing gods but yeah, meh. Also don't like how you can grab abilities from other classes. What's the point of making classes at all then? Feels like a half hearted attempt at multiclass system.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
how does one become a good poacher? Reached lvl 4 but was killed by aligator. It was my 1-2dmg vs him 12 or so. Do I just grind?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
is whole world always hostile to you? Thought its the case because im a goblin but then goblins are attacking me on sight too.
I have killed goblin king, put his crown on, sat on his throne and his my subjects were still attacking me.

any way to chop furniture for wood?

With AOE attacks or bumping into things as a golem. Being a lich might work as well.
dealt with lack of arrows problem in another way... I got this cool spear that can conjure trees. So I created tree deep in caves to craft some arrows

Ive killed my 1st god that was smelling of feces. I am still yet to find a workbench which is becoming quite a problem. Only known grindstone is quite far too :negative:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
rip my poacher that had almost lvl10... I shouldnt have summoned blood god.

Cant say im happy with poacher. Only skill I was frequently using was wolf summoning. Otherwise i went in melee so I guess I should hav eplayed nomad instead.

To make it worse, all the elemental skills are improving with int. After understanding things better I dont get whats up with djinn existence. Poacher needs all stats. Being djinn takes away str. In fact I wasnt able to put points into INT. As djinn you cna go crazy with int and dont feel bad about it. Most legendary weapons feature magical dmg

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
If you've been min-maxing, you can actually lose on damage output if you poison your weapon. Kinda dum-dum.

I'm sitting at level 13 atm, killed both the emperor and the lich. It was a fucking chore. I still don't think I can handle all of the gods, I need to craft some gear and try to get sets with high enough resists, probably. Unless the gods happen to be near an exit so I can cheese them, but urgh.

You can craft artifacts and the item gets the base stats of item you were crafting (so you can get better versions).

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
You can craft artifacts and the item gets the base stats of item you were crafting (so you can get better versions).
that one is a bit weird. Take for example unique spear that can grow trees - it can gain magical dmg mod, but it can also get physical one. If you are lucky you basically get 20 physical dmg weapon very early.
Whats more you can get it on 1handed spear or 2handed. You can also own 2 of same uniques. Meaning you can run with 2 one handed unique spears, preferably all in physical.

Problem is if you go all in INT then your hit chance will sack against enemies with parry

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
heh, had really few hard starts with djinni nomad. Then new run started when after running away from pair of bears I found my 1st item - lantern. Havent seen it before actually, I did find a bunch of lantern oils though.

Anyway lantern is improvised weapon that deals 2-6 fire(so scales 100% of int). Also its indestructible!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
speaking of unique weapons, was facing archer with unique long bow. 30 nature dmg per attack, super long vision and so on. Was able to run away under 10hp and kill him by spamming sense life and piercing shot through concrete walls.
Now my djinni poacher is very happy. Spreading points evenly among int,dex,wis,end

notpl

Arbiter
Any word on the development path for this? It looks like it has potential but is still super light on content and some of the open-world mechanics seem like pointless dead-ends until he fleshes it out a bit.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Finally did it. Holy fuck men.

slj0mrF.png

I think it took solid 30 hours for a play-through. Thats a slog. Especially when you still could get killed during the finale, if you stop paying attention. If you hunt down all the gods while on earth, you probably have easier time in the end game, but it will be boring. I'd say you definitely want to do the god of smithing as the dwarf toss skill is both amusing and useful for trash fights.

Killing the god of blood was a mistake. It will cut your run short if you are not a vampire.

As there is no more drinkable water outside your inventory.

I can't say I liked the endgame. It took way too long, there were no new items to discover and the combat encounters were super annoying. You had to run away to heal a lot, again and again.

A solid engine, but definitely needs something else to do in the the midgame, besides just killing everything.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I think it took solid 30 hours for a play-through.
how many hours capitol clearing took lol. By the time im done my poacher will probably cut all the trees inside for arrows

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I think it took solid 30 hours for a play-through.
how many hours capitol clearing took lol. By the time im done my poacher will probably cut all the trees inside for arrows

Probably more than half of it. The desert in comparison, was a breeze.

But to be fair, I did spend a lot of time crafting there.
y4mD5D1gfgg1TOLhFnodofGR8oXX5dRUWnCSqf5T71FL_FKFgTo6ppv1Tvmx_M8_w7Sw2EezAZ-4c4lHXGgxYDzbH4MDkN869Xcy2Io-1v8Oljo4Jrp92JMzb2Hv69YIvmA7E6--yU9yPwNf_u0MtQ71SRjcA_gjK0IG89IbnRfAQlCJPuVxUqnQdusv9GshM6Y

:negative:

Im not happy anymore. And I did waste a lot of time on crafting already, had to after killing god of smithing

btw if you want to look up all the artifacts, check file affixes.json

thesecret1

Arcane
Spent several hours on a run, then got killed because I got bored of slaughtering citizens to the point I just held the movement key down, not noticing the wizard mixed among them. Probably won't try another run. The game manages to be insanely repetitive. It feels like, despite the abundance on locations (on such a massive map), everywhere is sort of the same. You go in, you start killing fools, you go out. Nothing of interest is really there. Combat is boring and crafting even more so. Really feels like the game is missing like half the content; it's a cool base for something to be built on top, but on its own, I can't say I enjoy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom