Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soulstice - Devil May Cry-Like Next Generation Action Game In A Dark Souls-Inspired Setting

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://soulsticegame.com

ss-f848b567752b39a93b45c289ae8ed9f8b4224dd7.jpg

ss-21564d2ff1c2c83d767284ff557b980594e4f411.jpg

ABOUT THIS GAME
A Next Generation Action Game - Coming 2022. Wishlist Now!

The balance of the Holy Kingdom of Keidas is compromised when powerful, feral creatures known as “Wraiths” invade from the other side of the Veil, threatening to consume the living. Wraiths corrupt their victims and can even possess their bodies, turning into unstoppable monsters that prey upon the common folk. The “Chimeras”, hybrid warriors born of the union of two souls, are the only ones who can protect humankind.

Boss_Battle_Climax_616x225.gif

Briar and Lute are two sisters who have been reborn as a Chimera. The transformation has granted Briar superhuman strength and resilience, while Lute, who was sacrificed in order to bind her soul to her sister’s, has become a ghost with mystical powers. Voiced by Stefanie Joosten (Metal Gear Solid 5), Briar and Lute are sent on a mission to reclaim a city in ruins that has been ravaged by the Wraiths, only to discover that the Order they belong to has a far more complex plan in mind.

Explore a dark world brimming with hidden mysteries, master a diverse combat system, and inhabit the dual forces of two sisters in a coming-of-age fantasy story with fast-paced action, vicious enemies and breathtaking boss fights.

Combat_2_616x225.gif

Key Features
  • Fight in synergy - Manage both characters simultaneously. Briar masters melee attacks and combos, while Lute controls the battlefield with her otherworldly abilities. Combine their strengths to unlock powerful transformations and fulfill their true potential as a Chimera.

• Customize weapons and abilities - Weapons are unlocked and upgraded throughout the game and can be switched even in the middle of a combo to deal greater damage to opponents.

• Explore the city of Ilden - Discover puzzles and secrets in diverse locations within a troubled city in ruins. A Tear in the Sky has opened above Ilden; as Briar and Lute get closer to it, their surroundings become more menacing and twisted.

• Experience a grim world - Plunge into a dark story of sisterly love heightened by stylish and sleek art inspired by classic Japanese fantasy.

• Combat different enemy classes - Wraiths, Corrupted and Possessed have trespassed into the world from beyond the Veil. Use Lute’s auras to weaken or expose them and adapt to a flow of battle that never feels the same.

• Uncover the truth of your origin - Throughout the game, Briar and Lute will discover the truth about themselves and their power but must work together to stay true to their unbreakable bond.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
This developer made Joe Dever's Lone Wolf HD Remastered , for those who are interested:

Zenithsan

Educated
I may be in the minority here, but the thing I really like about Dmc3 is the atmosphere and characters. And after seeing a few minutes of this, I suspect it has none.

Also, the music is awful and you have a waifu companion...

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Soulstice is launching on September 20th for Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5.

Here’s a new cinematic trailer:

Ash

Arcane
"""NEXT GENERATION"""

Please don't parrot marketing slogans. Sir, this is the Codex.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This seems to have some good reviews. I'm gonna give it a try.
Move to JRPG to avoid the retards who populate these sections Infinitron.
Also still waiting on Ghostwire Tokyo to be moved.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Game's so awesome I almost creamed my pants, hit me out of left field.
Only stuff in the audio department could have been better, that's referring to both voiceacting and sound effects in general. Desperately needs a high quality Jap voiceover.
Awesome, crispy environments, nice smooth spectacle fighter combat with upgrades. The lore seems to be of much better quality than the usual ESL fanfic and it seems it'll be taking the story places.
Very exciting.
Even the UI's really neat and tidy and we have well-written codices to read.

image.png

Jinn

Arcane
Game's so awesome I almost creamed my pants, hit me out of left field.
Only stuff in the audio department could have been better, that's referring to both voiceacting and sound effects in general. Desperately needs a high quality Jap voiceover.
Awesome, crispy environments, nice smooth spectacle fighter combat with upgrades. The lore seems to be of much better quality than the usual ESL fanfic and it seems it'll be taking the story places.
Very exciting.
Even the UI's really neat and tidy and we have well-written codices to read.

Been interested in this one. Thanks for the impressions! I'm very curious how many hours a playthrough will last for you.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yes, please do move it post-haste. That way we won't have to deal with the 'all games suck, let me tell you about it' or 'I played Pathfinder for 5000 hours, but I really hate it, let me tell you about it' crowd.

lightbane

Arcane
How is this game different from the way-too-many Dark Souls clones?

Besides having a female protagonist cosplaying as Guts from Berserk (complete with giant sword), which is fucking lulzy.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It has absolutely nothing to do with Dark Souls and doesn't play even remotely close to it. Unless having Soul- in its name qualifies it as such, it's very obvious to tell the influence is DMC.

Steelrising is a Souls clone. I played that one too and thought it was awful, from both a performance and gameplay perspective.

Of course, I am in the privileged position of being able to present my views in good faith since I actually play games to enjoy them, instead of relying on Youtuber takes or on posts from forum users who pat themselves on the back everytime they shit on any new creative effort.

The game's honest. It's not some magnificent breakthrough, but you can tell they wanted to make something cool, and they have.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I pay so little attention to gaming that I thought this was coming out in months to two years when I saw the thread. Didn't think it was already out. Will play it. Nice to see a third person action game that isn't another Souls clone, camera and button mapping-wise. Or with another cramped third person shooter camera (God of War 2018).

Ezekiel

Arcane
Turn brightness down and contrast up in the settings. Looks much better.

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Game's fckn garbage. Please play more than 10 levels before you make your retarded opinion and I guess so many weebs like the cringy ass horrendous story!
Also, No can't change armor, instead she loses some pieces of her armor 1 or 2 missions before the end so you can look at her glorious leather armor going into her vagina more clearly. Also you can see her tits in dream sequences.
That will be enough for half you imbeciles to play it I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom