Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
stronkqween.png

Terra

Cipher
Diverse checkbox characters & Epic exclusive. lol, not looking promising. I remember when SR2 came out of nowhere and embraced fun whilst skilfully interweaving a darker, more serious tone throughout its story, it was a great alternative when GTA4 went full on realism back in the day. I don't know what direction this is supposed to be except off the nearest cliff tbh.

ADL

Prophet
Shame it's not under the THQ Nordic label because Deep Silver is gonna slap Denuvo on it. I have a feeling they're gonna pull the same fuckery with Kingdom Come Deliverance 2.

CyberModuled

Savant
How fucking hard is it for them to just emulate SR2's tone again? That was a perfect mix of dark humor and serious tone that works for this type of game. Instead we get this weird amalgamation of 3 and Agents of Mayhem. I just want that 2 PC update already...

deuxhero

Arcane
The characters literally look so generic they seem like create-a-characters. Also it's coming in less than six months and literally has no gameplay footage.

Edit: Youtube reaction is negative. Only 1.5 more likes than dislikes (expect that to be underwater really quick), and comments all negative.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
https://www.engadget.com/saints-row-reboot-2022-200040315.html
One of the questions raised in the roundtable with the game’s developers was that of cultural appropriation. The six people made available for interview were all middle-aged white men, creating a game set in a region where a significant proportion of the population is Latinx or Hispanic. Creative director Jim Boone said that diversity was important, and there was an explicit focus on making the team producing the game as diverse as the characters in it.

Don Peste

Arcane
Rotten piece of garbage. And yes it looks exactly like that other trash Arkane is preparing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
From thugs to goofy thugs to soft-looking zoom zooms trying to LARP as thugs.

Steve Jaros and Drew Holmes were responsible for the bulk of the writing in 1-4 and they've both left the company.

quirky millennials kids

Zoomers, man. The youngest Millennials are in their mid 20s now.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Steve Jaros and Drew Holmes were responsible for the bulk of the writing in 1-4 and they've both left the company..

Well, that explains everything. Though I have to say that 4 already was a step into the wrong direction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom