Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

Norfleet

And yet they're doing low-rent criminal activity like armed robbery and car theft instead of something far less hazardous and far more lucrative like embezzlement and fraud. I mean, how much do you think that rocket launcher costs vs. how much they're going to get from firing it at the cops? There is no way this is worth it. They could be embezzling money or committing stock fraud and making far more than they could possibly expect to gain knocking off a bank, with no risk of being shot to death. Robbery is bullshit crime for low IQ people.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Attacking your customers is sure fire way to ensure success.

EDIT: Current poll about Saints Row on Push Square.

Push Square Saints Row Poll.jpg

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They should have ended the game with a note to the audience:

"During the course of the game you killed 589 persons of different age groups and genders.

In order to prevent such tragedy from happening in real life, call your politicians and urge them to vote to forgive student debts."

Caim

Arcane
And yet they're doing low-rent criminal activity like armed robbery and car theft instead of something far less hazardous and far more lucrative like embezzlement and fraud. I mean, how much do you think that rocket launcher costs vs. how much they're going to get from firing it at the cops? There is no way this is worth it. They could be embezzling money or committing stock fraud and making far more than they could possibly expect to gain knocking off a bank, with no risk of being shot to death. Robbery is bullshit crime for low IQ people.
Saints of Wall Street when?

fork

The Saints Row games were never deep mechanically, but to see they manage to regress so badly is really funny. Sjws can't code.

And that happened to pretty much every single genre I can think of in so many ways.
It's laughable. And this is only gaming, but it's happening everywhere else, too.

Zeem

Learned
A satirical Papers, Please-esque game about a bunch of zoomers committing various while collar crimes and staying ahead of the cops could be pretty fun.

lightbane

Arcane
Attacking your customers is sure fire way to ensure success.
It seems to be the usual tactic for leftits devs, producers or whatever lately. See the incoming LOTR show from Amazon, or the House of the Dragon one or even the She-Hulk one. All 3 attacked their customers, called them racists or whatever. Extra points because the first one isn't out yet and they're already saying "if you don't like my product, you're "x"!" stuff.

orcinator

Liturgist
The mass doesn't come from the bike. The mass comes from the player character, who is just that dense.
Truly immersive american experience
Coincidentally the two starting gang member styles are "Skinny person in vest" and "fattie in shirt"
Sadly you only get two genders here.

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
What I don't get is how SR is getting ripped apart by all the usual woke critics. So why put the woke shit in your game, if it doesn't even earn you any brownie points with the wokerati?

Modron

Arcane
It's not about the money it's about the message. Company starts normal makes popular thing then a few sjw's infiltrate until one gets into a position of power and proceeds to only hire other sjws until they run the company into the ground. The parasites flee the dying host until they can find another and repeat the process.

Last edited:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I'm watching a let's play, and I have to admit, I don't hate it.

So far it's not as obnoxious as the trailer made it out to be. But then again it's a few hours in and it hasn't really started.

It's more slow and on the rails than anything.
I wrote the after watching early release let's plays.

It gets much, much worse after the first two hours or so.

Zlaja

Arcane
What I don't get is how SR is getting ripped apart by all the usual woke critics. So why put the woke shit in your game, if it doesn't even earn you any brownie points with the wokerati?

The game is so busted and empty giving it high scores would make even the average schmuck suspicious. Also, the people responsible for this will continue to get employed in the industry 'cause ruining an IP like SR is not gonna offend anyone important.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
"Hate for GTA6 because it's gonna have female protagonist"
Imagine their reaction to GTA 1 where you can choose from not one, not two and not even three but four female protagonist. Tzar bomba would squeak silently in comparison...

Can't decide whether Empress is based or retarded. Is it possible to be both?
EcnnGyl.png

I haven't seen a single person go "Oh this new Saints Row isn't like GTA so fuck this game." I've seen many people criticize it because it fails at being an enjoyable game on its own terms. Plus at this point, I think it's fair to say that most people who know Saints Row know it as its own thing anyway. So this person is just retarded for having to make up some narrative as to why people hate it.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
The game is so busted and empty giving it high scores would make even the average schmuck suspicious.
This type of motivation never stopped all those journos defending Depression Quest all those years ago and only one of them actually fucked the developer afaik.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Can't decide whether Empress is based or retarded. Is it possible to be both?
He is just retarded. A retarded tranny bitching about people not liking soy rows.
He also likes the game because he went into full on anti capitalist drivels before charging for cracks.

DeepOcean

Arcane
This whole "People are saying it is a garbage game because they are comparing it to GTA." seems like a hell of a cope to me.

Most issues normie reviewers are mentioning have nothing to do with GTA:
The Physics engine is busted.
The character movement is stiff with bad controls, especially on the console versions.
The guns sound like air soft guns.
The game is buggy as hell.
Driving feels like you are steering a weightless toy car.
The Ai is braindead and get stuck on enviroments all the time.
The city is empty with very little in content.
While Saints Row was never a series with deep characters, they were over the top in interesting ways, the new characters are cardboard characters but with nothing of remarkable about them, they really economized on character design. It is impossible to relate with the dipshits because they have a "Hey, how are you fellow kids?" kind of forced coolness on the writing .
The shooting is nothing remarkable, basically a very basic copy/paste of Saints Row but very unpolished.
Mission design suffers from, go there, kill shit but without anything interesting happening and the shooting is very meh on itself.

Those are justa few things I got from a few reviews.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom