Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I enjoy these crowbat kind of gaming related videos where the devs hang themself during the news cycle before the release.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I might actually play the game if it had a laugh track. This one is better/worse than the other one I just posted.

Team Building!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
It's all so on the nose it makes me wonder if this was manufactured. You make this pos game on the cheap, generate mass hatred. Then release the one they've been working on which is obnoxious and they set themselves up to be heroes. Or something.

Yes I'm cynical but fuck gaming either way.

typical user

Arbiter
I've pirated it and only managed to play it for 1.5 hour. Immediately deleted from my system. What happened to the shooting and driving mechanics of The Third? The game feels like Saints Row 2 wih missing animations, cardboard cars and whatnot. The UX is terrible and full of glitches when customizing your character. Gameplay feels like 2008 again. Also doesn't help the fact main characters are happy to rob 7/11 store so they can go for Karaoke or eat homemade cakes.

I may buy it once the price tag matches $3. Volition just got cyberpunked.

lightbane

Arcane
It's all so on the nose it makes me wonder if this was manufactured. You make this pos game on the cheap, generate mass hatred. Then release the one they've been working on which is obnoxious and they set themselves up to be heroes. Or something.

Yes I'm cynical but fuck gaming either way.
Could be the case. Sometimes reviewers dunk on obvious trashfires to get some street cred, but this one is too much of a failure so I'm not sure.

Here is one of the few reviews that found the game to be stellar. Its by a black dude (going by the voice at least) who received the game for free. Says its one of the most fun games and isnt woke.

I was curious to hear from someone who liked this game and the first thing he talked about was how he had a tough love childhood which is one weird ass flex. Who gives a shit. Being terminally online on social media will brainwash you no matter who you are and the discipline to not be a dumbass is on you, not your parents, but I digress.

Regardless, I find it strange he’s praising the story and also not calling it woke. They removed places like Freckle Bitch’s and Rim Jobs just to name a few. Volition claims this was done out of market research and fans didn’t want so many sex jokes which is really fucking weird because Saints Row 3 and 4 were even praised for taking an open stance on sex jokes. So they actively took out things even progressives liked.

The characters might not be sitting around talking about gender, sexuality and race explicitly but that wouldn’t make this garbage any more woke. It’s a product from self-congratulatory out-of-touch leadership who think they’re making a difference in the world by making a game where whiny people can feel “seen.” And now they look like totally unpleasant hypocritical psychopaths. Look, they like cats, they have trouble paying student loans, they jab at capitalism. Isn’t it funny how this guy likes waffles? So random, right? What if the Saints were a start up? Turns out, it’s not fucking interesting to anyone. Certainly not to the devs who were shoved into their cubicles or open office probably spending half their time reluctantly agreeing to whatever design said and the other half polishing up their resumes to find a less sinking ship of a studio to work at. They didn’t write a story or characters, they made something that could be chopped up into gifs on Twitter.

orcinator

Liturgist
I finished it.
It took me a while to get around to it because, well the game's shit.
I'd call it a transcendental experience. I really felt in touch with the ancient martyrs.

I wholeheartedly reccomend that everyone watch a walkthough of the last two missions.

You're on the codex, you can spare the time. At least so you stop parroting ideas from when the trailer first showed up and realize the true terror of what volition has created.
Like the post above mine, he just doesn't know. He doesn't know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom