Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

Sarathiour

Cipher
I finished it.
It took me a while to get around to it because, well the game's shit.
I'd call it a transcendental experience. I really felt in touch with the ancient martyrs.

I wholeheartedly reccomend that everyone watch a walkthough of the last two missions.

You're on the codex, you can spare the time. At least so you stop parroting ideas from when the trailer first showed up and realize the true terror of what volition has created.
Like the post above mine, he just doesn't know. He doesn't know.

I haven't watched the whole thing, but mission 31 seems to imply that modern state of cardboard game is literally hell, so maybe the game isn't that bad.

Caim

Arcane
If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Randy Pitchford and a Soys Row apologist; I would shoot the Soys Row apologist... Twice.
Smart move, because Randy Pitchford is so greasy the bullets would just slide off of him.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Randy Pitchford and a Soys Row apologist; I would shoot the Soys Row apologist... Twice.
Smart move, because Randy Pitchford is so greasy the bullets would just slide off of him.
Hahaha, true. I still have a butthurt for what he had done to Duke Nukem. In a "who has the most punchable face competition", Randy and Cliff Bleszinski shares the same spot for me.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
6hua67.jpg

Dexter

Arcane
https://www.gamesradar.com/embracer-ceo-laments-lots-of-fans-not-happy-with-saints-row-reboot/

Embracer CEO laments "lots of fans not happy" with Saints Row reboot​

By Dustin Bailey published about 1 hour ago

Saints Row has "a lot of bug fixing" and "more content" coming
Saints Row

(Image credit: Deep Silver)

Embracer Group CEO Lars Wingefors has acknowledged that he's disappointed with the reception to the Saints Row reboot, though he hopes that ongoing bug fixes and upcoming content updates will help to push the game to a successful financial future.

"I think I stated before the release that we were confident in the financial profile of the investment," Wingefors said in a Q&A session at Embracer Group's annual general meeting (opens in new tab). "Obviously, personally I had hoped for a greater reception of the game. It's been a very polarized view. There is a lot of things that could be said in detail around it. But on one hand I'm happy to see a lot of gamers and fans happy. At the same time, I'm a bit sad to see lots of fans not happy. It's difficult.

"I think we need to wait for the quarterly report in November to have more details around this. We are still fairly early in our release window, and still collecting data. There's a lot of bug fixing, and there is more content coming."

When talking about the business perspective of releasing Saints Row, Wingefors had a bit of an awkward pause. "On the financial side, I know… or I'm confident we will make money on the investment. Will it have as great return of investment that we have seen in many other games? Not very likely. But we will make money, and that's a very good starting point, at least."

Fans have been worried that the buggy launch of the new Saints Row would spell the end of the franchise, but when asked about what the reception of the new Saints Row means for the future of the series, Wingefors did not have a concrete response.

"You know, obviously, you always want every installment of any IP to be greater than the last one. This is quite a process, to evaluate your position, the outcome. There is hundreds of people engaged in this game within the group. So I still have great trust in those people, and I'm sure they will recommend things for the future."

Caim

Arcane
Fans would be a lot less unhappy if the game itself was better. Sure the story is such a pile of shit that even the AVGN would be at a loss of words, but if the gameplay itself was fun and polished then it would be a much easier sell.

Mega Black

Novice
I don't weep for Volition. I can't imagine having a sect of fans as passionate as the classic Saints Row ones practically begging for you to give them what they want and still flipping them off to chase a trend. Let em sink.

Caim

Arcane
This game had me looking back at Watchdogs 2 which has a similar cast and premise, and holy shit that game is almost 6 years old and STILL costs $60.

Ubisoft et Orbisoft, I guess.

orcinator

Liturgist
Flippy caved and finally played it. :negative:

I was bored enough to watch it, mostly the same observations as I've had. Would disagree on there being any good missions (even if his praise was vague) since all the setpieces in NuSaints were just your usual TPS corridors.
He also didn't mention that the whole empire building is a shit gimmick that offers nothing of value besides locking you out of cosmetics (Let's Pretend and Planet Saints are in the final tier and I cheat engine'd to get enough money to unlock em).
He makes a comment about the combat being overly complicated and while he's right in a general manner I'm against his solution of keeping the combat simple since there's a bazillion generic TPS games already. They might be less painful to play than nuSaint's retarded system but they're usually boring as fuck.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Completely absent from Embracer's annual general meeting last month afaict, not even a single reference.
https://embracer.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Embracer_AGM_2122_FINAL_WEB.pdf
not going to watch a nearly 2 and a half hour long video and can't find the transcript though
https://embracer.com/webcast/annual-general-meeting-fy-21-22/

Mentioned multiple times in their August interim report(prior to release)
https://embracer.com/report/embrace...t-sales-increased-by-107-to-sek-7118-million/
https://seekingalpha.com/article/45...s-on-q1-2023-results-earnings-call-transcript

[edit]
found it on youtube, has an auto-generated transcript(which is very poor at transcribing accents.) Lars seems to be very disappointed with it, even when picking his words carefully it doesn't come out good. Timestamped.

addresses it again later stressing "we will make money" while dancing around the return on investment questions, eventually says there's "tons of more titles that will have significantly higher return of investment" while grimacing

yeesh

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
btw
Infinitron
what game is he referring to here?
Martin Arnell

But you haven't clarified that you have two AAA releases in the guidance for this year? First, obviously, being Saints Row and then the second one is the one that you don't mention the name, but we think we all know what it is? And I expect is it fair to assume that, that's part of your comments on the phasing with the significant increase in Q4?
Lars Wingefors

Yes. I think that's a good assumption. And I'm excited about that game. It's being developed from a very long time, but it looks very good.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
And yet they're still antagonising fans. I really don't get it. This is darwinian levels of idiocy. Like cutting off the nose to spite the face kind of retardation.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
btw
Infinitron
what game is he referring to here?
Martin Arnell

But you haven't clarified that you have two AAA releases in the guidance for this year? First, obviously, being Saints Row and then the second one is the one that you don't mention the name, but we think we all know what it is? And I expect is it fair to assume that, that's part of your comments on the phasing with the significant increase in Q4?
Lars Wingefors

Yes. I think that's a good assumption. And I'm excited about that game. It's being developed from a very long time, but it looks very good.
LESS T_T Any idea?

arekks

Novice
Dude, that's pretty messed up. Hitler did some really bad things! I'd think you'd spare at least one bullet for him! Christ... it does seem pretty bad though. I hope everyone involved is subjected to inhumane conditions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom