Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
btw
Infinitron
what game is he referring to here?
Martin Arnell

But you haven't clarified that you have two AAA releases in the guidance for this year? First, obviously, being Saints Row and then the second one is the one that you don't mention the name, but we think we all know what it is? And I expect is it fair to assume that, that's part of your comments on the phasing with the significant increase in Q4?
Lars Wingefors

Yes. I think that's a good assumption. And I'm excited about that game. It's being developed from a very long time, but it looks very good.
LESS T_T Any idea?
Dead Island 2?

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
Dude, that's pretty messed up. Hitler did some really bad things! I'd think you'd spare at least one bullet for him! Christ... it does seem pretty bad though. I hope everyone involved is subjected to inhumane conditions.

/sv_cheats 1
giveammo

Now I have enough ammo to kill 'em all.

lightbane

Arcane

Soys Row killed Saints Row.

I like how every time someone speaks of how "well" Soy Rows performed/speaks badly (and sometimes the opposite), that fucking freakish face (the one on the right) shows up. It's morbidly fascinating.
It looks like straight out of a cyberpunk mutant with too many augs.

Last edited:

arekks

Novice
Dude, that's pretty messed up. Hitler did some really bad things! I'd think you'd spare at least one bullet for him! Christ... it does seem pretty bad though. I hope everyone involved is subjected to inhumane conditions.

/sv_cheats 1
giveammo

I always wondered, what if you go back in time and kill Hitler but then because of the Butterfly Effect everyone is a Nazi now? That'd be so frigged up. I don't think there are any consequences though for killing the developers of Soy's' Row. Simples.

Codex Year of the Donut
the reason they don't go back and kill hitler is because g*rmoids were the spark for the current clownworld, why would they want to undo it?

Caim

Arcane
/sv_cheats 1
giveammo

I always wondered, what if you go back in time and kill Hitler but then because of the Butterfly Effect everyone is a Nazi now? That'd be so frigged up. I don't think there are any consequences though for killing the developers of Soy's' Row. Simples.

The fanmade World of Darkness game Genius: The Transgression handled this by having Hitler not be the original guy, just someone they put in charge because all his predecessors kept getting killed and the time cops got sick of finding replacements. So they settled on Hitler and just making a bunch of clones to replace him whenever a time traveler kills ol' Adolf. The cloning facility is located outisde of Hamburg in the early 20s. They give tours.

arekks

Novice
/sv_cheats 1
giveammo

The fanmade World of Darkness game Genius: The Transgression handled this by having Hitler not be the original guy, just someone they put in charge because all his predecessors kept getting killed and the time cops got sick of finding replacements. So they settled on Hitler and just making a bunch of clones to replace him whenever a time traveler kills ol' Adolf. The cloning facility is located outisde of Hamburg in the early 20s. They give tours.

That seems really convoluted. Sincerely, my idea is that it'd be really funny if it turned out the best way to make the present era as good as possible was to help Hitler as much as possible. Like, through some retarded butterfly effect reasoning, helping Hitler improves the present situation. It's actually fascist to not help Hitler! Yeah!

Terra

Cipher
It's incredible how many developers, and those financing them, do everything in their power to avoid giving the core audience what they have been asking for and expanding the audience from there through quality releases and then wonder why everything goes wrong.

Fucking Rockstar sits on their ass and can only churn out a new GTA once every other console gen and nobody else spots the golden opportunity to capitalise on the situation. No, instead, lets appeal to the woke audience, they will surely buy our game.

Eventually someone will give us a worthy SR2 successor, but it won't be Volition or Randy. Enjoy the merger Volition, it's not like we didn't tell you this would happen.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Norfleet

So now I'm picturing a timeline in which Hitler doesn't kill himself because some time traveller borrowed his bullets.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Wait it lost how much money. $100 Million!?!? You're serious?! This monstrosity of a game cost $100 Million?! You're telling me this cost as much as Witcher 3 wtf.

Great so its basically now Deus Ex is being developed under the same horrid publisher situation Eidos was under when Invisible War happened. Ugh. Financer is still profitable, but risk averse and unwillingly to give the project the resources it needs when there are other sure things they could be putting money into.
Also might impact on the Kingdom Come sequel as well which sucks.
Embracer/THQ Nordic/Gearbox you guys are morons, at least you're not Square Enix but god damn what are you doing. This does not bode well at all they've had flop after flop after flop despite profitability, that erodes confidence and no doubt Embracer will be further consolidating to get rid of the dead weight.
Simply they've got too much subsidiaries that are directionless and are just money sinks, I'm half expecting an asset sale off in time, sure as hell Saints Row is getting sold that can be certain the IP lost all its value here Randy would be stupid for attempting another game then again it is Randy we're talking about.

It's amazing to see how much profit they bring in from Tabletop games.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom