Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Space RPG Star Traders: Frontiers Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Star Traders: Frontiers; Trese Brothers

Trese Brothers released their space RPG Star Traders: Frontiers.
steam page

Command your ship and crew as a space pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more in Star Traders: Frontiers – an epic space RPG from Trese Brothers Games. Venture forth into a massive open universe, rich with adventure and the lore of the Star Traders. Choose your path by assembling and commanding your custom crew and spaceship in a constantly evolving galaxy torn by internal strife, political intrigue, and alien threats. Will you fly as a pirate terrorizing shipping lanes, join the solar wars as a military captain, or track targets across the stars as a fearsome bounty hunter?​

Some key features:
  • Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
  • Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (26 jobs total)!
  • Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 300 upgrades and build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
  • Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
  • Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
  • Mold the crew by your choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever ... or scarred and half-mad.
  • Varied Difficulty Options! play with save slots to try out different builds or storylines or turn on character permadeath and enjoy classic roguelike experience
People have been posting their (positive) impressions in this thread.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Eh, glorified flash game
shitposter.png

Mortmal

Arcane
Its nothing like a flash game, read the thread its pure incline. Shitposting is a thing but misleading people like this that's really bad karma.

zaper

Yes.
Developer
Will buy it when it comes out on the Play Store. Those guys are one of the few people doing good games for mobile.

Shilandra

Learned
So can you become a medic, research the cure for deadly diseases, then corner the market on the cures reasources and start a pharmaceutical empire?

Morkar Left

So can you become a medic, research the cure for deadly diseases, then corner the market on the cures reasources and start a pharmaceutical empire?

You can become a medic but you're a starship captain first.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

aratuk

Cipher
Oh, these are the people who made the Templar Battleforce smartphone game, which is actually a pretty good turn-based tactical RPG on a phone.

They've gone with a more cartoony, bitmoji art style this time… but I'll probably still buy it when the phone port comes out.

:takemymoney:

Drowed

Arcane
Just to know, in addition to (arguably) the art, what else in this game looks like a free flash game? I'm curious.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I tried to watch a twitch stream of a guy playing it on PC but UI was so mobile like I got an urge to puke so I had to turn it off.

Maybe some day I can try it on its natural (mobile) platform.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom