Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck Demo feedback loop (SPOILERS)

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Please share your feedback about the Space Wreck Demo here. This is a spoiler-full discussion, no need to hide anything, it is completely ok to call out characters, places and events, we will keep an eye on this.

Thank you!

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Seems to be rather buggy right now, I'll dump what I find:

Blank char creation screen starts with 2 points in STR. Seems unintended, but you tell me.
If you change your gender after assigning all stat and skill points, the UI won't come down after clicking the accept button, softlocking you (only alt+f4 works).
If you pick a premade character like Noah and edit him, you can remove 1 point from STR to assign anywhere else. If you then change the gender, you get another -1 thus dropping his STR to 0. Will it break the game? Who knows, because the aforementioned bug applies here too.
If you (for some reason I can't quite fathom since this is happening in the first screen) get encumbered, all UI buttons and functions stop working and you gotta start a new game. You can't click on objects either.
At some point the camera drifted away to the left and I never managed to get it back to where my character was, had to quit and begin a new game.

Non bug feedback:

Dice rolling animation is too slow, if I'm gonna see this often please enable a fast speed/disable anim option.
Walking speed would be nice if adjustable too.
Please allow WASD for camera movement.
Having ESC quiting to menu rather than closing windows seems counterintuitive.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
If you change your gender after assigning all stat and skill points, the UI won't come down after clicking the accept button, softlocking you (only alt+f4 works).
If you pick a premade character like Noah and edit him, you can remove 1 point from STR to assign anywhere else. If you then change the gender, you get another -1 thus dropping his STR to 0. Will it break the game? Who knows, because the aforementioned bug applies here too.

I decided to hotfix this. It should be better while I still must resolve some edge cases.

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
bugs
-for unknown reason camera locks and you cant scroll left or right. fixed by zooming in and out.
-happened few times, dont know if camera moved to the edge and locked there or game world disappeared. only restart worked.
-feels like inventory ui isnt updated when clicking on items
-if you fuck off from bots, they get stuck in turn forever. only options is to reload. not always tho, happened twice.
-dude sometimes walks fast, sometimes slow. even if im not overencumbered. messing with the inventory resets this for some time.

-brought ingrid to the terminal, but somehow managed to disable the bots myself with my sci 1 score. now we're still on a quest to disable bots.
-i gave valve to janka and he delivered it to that guy outside. now the guy is asking me to bring the valve. after this convo im also locked in that landing area, dude screaming at me to leave the door alone. reloading doesnt help coz game also saved here so im locked forever.

other
-categorized inventory. had so many items in the end, would be nice to categorize them.
-also sort by weight and all that shit
-you can persuade a guy to come with you which then prevents you from vent crawling. would be cool if you had follow and wait commands. or tell him to fuck off.
-make moving cam with arrows possible
-super slow dice rolls. make them faster since i'll be watching them a lot.
-combat animations are also slow. maybe some combat slider in the options eventually
-would be nice to have some button to highlight interactable objects. not everything on the map, maybe near the player
-sleeping pills drop the health to 1. is that how it's supposed to be?
other than expected bugs, great shit.

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
That's because you are male by default.
Not what the game says

Also, given that SEX affects STATS I feel like it should be on top rather than below.

UI request:
Right click on item moves the entire amount
CTRL + left click allows choosing amount of item to move
Grab all button

Allow text size configuration, not just UI.

It's unclear what the first number on the dice rolling screen means. Am I supposed to surpass it? To go below? Would be easier to get if there was any feedback, i.e. a sound or color for un/passed checks

And for the love of god add WASD camera movement, I'm going nuts.

There's a couple of typos here and there, might wanna hire someone to doublecheck everything.

EDIT: Why can't I pick text options with numpad?

EDIT2: Fog of war is a bit weird, often blocking stuff that feels like it should be visible.
There are two vents that no matter how much I try always give me catastrophic failure. Is that intended?

Last edited:
Only got a chance to spend a few minutes with it. Will try for more later. Cool aesthetic. Besides what others have said -
- Give the option to exit the credits screen
- I didn't watch all of it, but in the intro, there aren't any periods on the sentences
- The scrolling of the view window needs to be bounded. It looks like it'll just scroll forever
- If you click the button in the upper left (Save?) at the very start, before character creation, and then continue the game, character creation is skipped and you end up with something of a super character - 3 in all stats, and 3 in speech and scitec
- Allow backing up to the archetype selection screen after selecting one of them
- Don't move the +/- buttons when modifying the stats. This happens when you've used up all your stat points. It makes it annoying if I want to remove more than 1 point from a stat after I've distributed all points
- Increase the contrast for the scroller in the scroll bars. Its easy to miss

AdolfSatan

Arcane
More bugs:

I gave the B21something to that guy but the quest didn't complete and he kept mentioning needing it.
If I try to pickpocket that guy or Santa I get an error that blocks the game.
If a bot detects you as an enemy, no matter how far away you are from his sight, the game will toggle combat mode eternally unless you're sneaking (but the moment you stop the combat begins again).
After exiting VR session my sprite was changed to the naked woman's and my inventory was emptied. Last save was inside the vr so I'm fucked.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Latest update (04/02) should address some of the mentioned issues:

Blank char creation screen starts with 2 points in STR. Seems unintended, but you tell me.
Should start with "neutral" gender and thus 2 points in PER.

Should not happen anymore.

If you (for some reason I can't quite fathom since this is happening in the first screen) get encumbered, all UI buttons and functions stop working and you gotta start a new game. You can't click on objects either.
Cannot reproduce. I think it could've been side effect of one of the other bugs. Ping me again, if repeats.

At some point the camera drifted away to the left and I never managed to get it back to where my character was, had to quit and begin a new game.
Camera should be restricted by map bounds now. Should be fine now.

Please allow WASD for camera movement.
Done.

Having ESC quiting to menu rather than closing windows seems counterintuitive.
Done.

-for unknown reason camera locks and you cant scroll left or right. fixed by zooming in and out.
-happened few times, dont know if camera moved to the edge and locked there or game world disappeared. only restart worked.
I expect this to be fixed.

-dude sometimes walks fast, sometimes slow. even if im not overencumbered. messing with the inventory resets this for some time.
This should not happen again.

- Give the option to exit the credits screen

Should be click anywhere.

- The scrolling of the view window needs to be bounded. It looks like it'll just scroll forever

Still working on rest. Thanks for the feedback, great stuff![/quote]

Wunderbar

Arcane
Would be nice to have items split into categories like "apparel", "weapons", "tools", "consumables", etc.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
If I try to pickpocket that guy or Santa I get an error that blocks the game.
Should be fixed.

- I didn't watch all of it, but in the intro, there aren't any periods on the sentences
Eh. Added.

- If you click the button in the upper left (Save?) at the very start, before character creation, and then continue the game, character creation is skipped and you end up with something of a super character - 3 in all stats, and 3 in speech and scitec
This was dangerous. Should be addressed. Thanks for noticing!

Kamaz

very early in, i'm heading to the promenade to meet those dudes.

couple of thoughts:

1. first speech check I passed but I chose a non-diplomat all-guns-blazing premade char. Maybe I should have failed it? I fully expected to fail but rolled a three and passed. IMO i should have failed.

2. artstyle is OK, warmed to it over the few minutes ive had with the game.

3. Any plans for a Paper Doll inventory? (dumbfuck me if im too early in the game)

4. some of the weapon descriptions are a bit vague; specifically the one you find when you get the keycard and open the lockers in the first area.

still havent had my first fight, and the latest update appears to have corrupted my earlier save so what the hell ill start again

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
1. first speech check I passed but I chose a non-diplomat all-guns-blazing premade char. Maybe I should have failed it? I fully expected to fail but rolled a three and passed. IMO i should have failed.
I think this is OK, you were lucky. As with many RPG games, there's RNG involved. In this case it's something like this:

FUDGE_4dF_probability.svg

3. Any plans for a Paper Doll inventory? (dumbfuck me if im too early in the game)

No, this is intentionally low-fi DOS-style inventory.

still havent had my first fight, and the latest update appears to have corrupted my earlier save so what the hell ill start again
Oh, I am terribly sorry. Should not have happened though. How did it look though?

4. some of the weapon descriptions are a bit vague; specifically the one you find when you get the keycard and open the lockers in the first area.
Noted.

2. artstyle is OK, warmed to it over the few minutes ive had with the game.
Very happy to hear that!

Alphons

Cipher
  • Error 529 (prompt to contact developer)- I gave Ingrid fuel terminal pass, but couldn't get her to use the terminal so I tried pickpocketing it from her and the game froze
  • I found the valve for scavengers and gave it to Janka. He took it to his buddy near the ship. He still gave me a quest to look around for it.
  • After leaving the crew dormitory with Janka and Ingrid through a ladder, Janka ended up in a totally different room where he was almost killed by Supermarket Guard. He teleported to me after I went back down the ladder.
  • Found a cambot gun and 5 cartridges, equipped it and reloaded. Found 5 more in a crate and tried to reload again, but all my bullets disappeared (0 in clip and inventory). Couldn't replicate it again.
  • Narrator in intro says "in XXII century", but subtitles and computer terminals all say "XXI century"
  • Some minor spelling errors- effect has weared off, should be has worn off
Still had a good time with what I've played, I'll be starting new playthrough later.

Mortmal

Arcane
0Bvil5l.png

I like the concept of the game but its pretty much unplayable, here's what happen when using first ladder...

Mortmal

Arcane
I swear i wasnt even trying to break it...It doesnt show but controls get inverted too. I bet you cant wait for me to discover new bugs.

rvZYTVP.png

Mortmal

Arcane
Is there more than one communal room below deck ? I have ingrid with me, says i need to find his locker, went there and there's nothing to be found there,no acces card in any locker , she offers no new dialogue option. Also found another bug , using the VR program brings her in too .
I got the keycard to the fuel bunker, disabled the bots myself, but the other quest doesnt update either, even carrying a fuel cell .Got one ending however.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom